1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuesday 9th July

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DizzyBlue, Jul 9, 2019.

1. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning all
    Very strange over here been up for a good hour and a half and it only just getting light … weird how dark it is. Ok so darker mornings in the offering as we head towards the back of the year but this morning all of a sudden seems to be dark. Not even the outside birdies twittering which is odd. Wonder if we have bad weather instore for the day.
    Henni is busy in the other room throwing toys around apparently she can't find the one she's looking for … either that or more likely she's just decided to throw everything around so I can have a job of clearing it all back up later....
    Whatever your up to today stay safe and hugs to those in need of one

cazimodo and dianaT like this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning Tasha and all that follow , the mornings are notisly staying darker until later its quiet now but I did hear some birds singing outside Mine are far from quiet and the normal racing game the gang play is well on the way I think David won the last race. I have a busy day and must go down town later, I had a lucky find on Sunday at a boot fair. I noticed a CCTV set up that works through my monitor and recorder its not as good as the one I have but with two out side camara s and at the price of seven pounds fifty pence I thought it would help as a deterrent if it did not work. It was boxed and in a plastic bag that was tied up so I thought it was used and dead, when I untied it the complete system was still in its manufacture seal and in new condition, all works perfect. I hope you all have a great day today wishing all whom are not well fill better as each day passes

3. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Morning, another mad day as usual. Lunas out causing havoc and freaking out at the fly in the window. 20190709_075414.jpg

4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, more sun here at the moment.
    You give that fly what for Luna!
    How is Henni now @DizzyBlue

cazimodo likes this.
  5. DizzyBlue

Sorry to say Henni is still a SCUD monster :( The infected areas are no longer bright red like they were and there is signs of scabbing … just getting her to leave the flipping scabs along is like nailing jelly to the ceiling! mind you … I can talk … if I have a scab on the hand I too subconsciously seem to pick at it.
    Got to make another appointment to go back to the vets and see what if anything we can throw at the bugs she has poked in there with her dirty beak or if to leave well alone or indeed try sticking another collar on her but that does seem to drive her more batty and cause her to prolong in her actions and make the neurotic behaviour worse … if that is possible! Final resort would be an operation to try and stitch those healing pads to the underside of the armpit for want of a better description but Henni being Henni I dare say she would rip out the stitches and cause even more damage.
    Rock and a hard place comes to mind.
    Thing is though if she wasn't such a bright little spark or as lively as she normally is I would take another route always hard decision but I would not hesitate … I do have her best interests at heart not mine if she was actually showing signs of being properly ill or declining with say loosing weight, was depressed with it all beyond or showing signs of it wearing her down or overloading her body I would put her to sleep but she isn't she's just her normal self with her neurotic weirdness just more in the forefront. Her blood tests show nothing they are all within parameters with normal levels, her x-rays are ok for a 39 year old bird without anything scary but a bit of arthritis showing through - not abnormal for a bird that cannot fly and has had excessive pressure on her skeletal structure for all these years. Only the cultures from the tissue samples showed up as having weirdness and that's more likely from her grotty little beak picking, and picking over and over again at exactly the same place.
    We just keep plodding along although I do believe it's not as bad as it was …. but that could be my wishful thinking hence needing expert eyeballs of the avian vet on it all. :confused:
    somebody remind me again why I keep parrots especially those who cannot be insured and have decimated my bank balance, have me running around the country for answers, keeping me awake at night and generally frazzling my nerves to new levels ….. :rolleyes: ... oh yeah its cos its little Miss Henni and she's such a madam :emoji_heart_eyes:

6. DizzyBlue

Morning little Luna
    OMG a fly!!! Go get it girlie, yell in its ears and make it deaf :lol:

Yellowchickenparrot likes this.
  7. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

You keep parrots that cannot be insured because you are so kind and love to help birds Tasha. I came across a avian vet based in america that was talking about the subject of compulsive disorders and anxiaty problems in parrots, will try to find it and give you The link later

cazimodo likes this.
  8. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Afternoon folks. Grey here today and definitely cardigan temperature .

Gosh @DizzyBlue, what a time of it Henni gives you! Puts my little plucker in the shade, that's for sure.

Speaking of that wee devil, she seems (*touch wood*) a lot calmer today. We discovered the Easy Listening channel on the Echo Dot and she is really enjoying it. Sitting calmly and listening away. Lots of Barry Manilow, Val Doonican, Louis Armstrong, that sort of thing. Frodo's so laid back he's tucked his head in and gone to sleep! Alexa to the rescue.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

DizzyBlue and dianaT like this.