1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuesday 9th April 2019

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DizzyBlue, Apr 9, 2019.

1. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning all
    Pondering where our Nigel is this morning am so used to logging on and seeing the morning thread.
    sun is out and its a bright crisp morning over this side of the uk
    Betting that Yellowchickenparrot is upto his eyeballs in baby quail by now think his Mrs had an entire flock in that there brooder yesterday hatching out lol
    Anybody who need a huge hug this morning one is hurtling towards you right now :)
    My lot are as noisy as sin this morning no stopping them and their crazy dawn chorus!
    Not a lot of sleep over here last night way too much coffee yesterday … and the next dental appointment is tomorrow (thought it was today but got date wrong!) so that is something totally naff to look forward too or rather not look forward too!
    Whatever your all up to stay safe xx

Kendra and Wendy Cooper-Wolfe like this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good Morning Tasha and all that follow. Raining here but yes the morning chorus from the flock sounds louder than normal with them all joining in together. I have to go out soon so have a good day every one

Kendra likes this.
  3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, a dull drizzle one down here after it being warm & sunny past two days.
    Grandsons are visiting the school they will be attending down here as temporary pupils for a few weeks from middle next month, while they & their mum stay here after her op so hopefully I can look after her recovery. Needless to say it is very busy here!

4. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All and all to follow, lol.....

I was up much earlier but had a lot to do and more importantly I have an appointment at the health centre this morning. This is only an inhaler review then I wont have another one for 2 months. Tomorrow though I have the big one where I go to Ninewells Hospital for a Gastroscopy. Hopefully they can find out where the narrowing is and then 2 days in hospital should cure that. Anyway, I better shoot on here, got to get Frankie across the path to the neighbour and to the bus stop by 09.33.

Have a Great Tuesday Everyone, if you are less than 100% hugs

Cheers

Nigel

5. DizzyBlue

Best get a wiggle on Nigel :)

6. DizzyBlue

I'm hanging around here today as hopefully will be having calls coming in and calls to make regarding little Basil then we will have a clear way forward she said with her fingers crossed.
    Can't wait to find out how many chickies hatched … come on Andy where the heck are you??? @Yellowchickenparrot
    Oooo your going to be busy Diana bet there will be lots of cake baking going on :p

7. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

8. DizzyBlue

:risas3: do tell come on how many????

Kendra likes this.
  9. DizzyBlue

I already looked up the statistics of male to female ratios by an egg weight study that was done in Nigeria.
    "In this study therefore, egg colour, weight and shape were evaluated to predetermine quail chick sex. A total of 540 quail fertile eggs were distributed among the egg colour, weight and shape treatment groups. The data collected on male to female ratio indicated that the only 3 hatched chicks in 8g eggs treatment group were all female chicks. Eggs that weighed 9g hatched 4: 5 male to female ratio, 10g eggs (2: 3), 11g eggs (1: 2), Round eggs (1: 2), Oval eggs (15: 23) and none of the Spherical eggs hatched. Others were Sienna egg colour that hatched 4:9 male to female ratio, Rich Brown eggs (3: 7) and Chocolate (7: 13)"

Also once did an African grey chick weight study over here with breeder supplying chick weights and then having them DNA sexed before they went to their new owners and we were able to work out which were males which were females from growth spurts, behaviour whilst being hand fed and weights. Was really interesting.

10. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hugs accepted here this morning thank you x. I am very lacking in get up and go, and Chico,is cross with me sitting and having my cup,of tea first, instead of producing his brekkie!
    It’s been raining and is very damp and foggy looking.
    Oh dear do you think the Oooooomg from @Yellowchickenparrot means there are rather a few quail beaks this morning!

Better get on, Chiko is nagging me!

Kendra and DizzyBlue like this.
  11. DizzyBlue

You can have as many hugs as you like hunni :)

12. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

hello all, misty here but the sun is breaking through and should be a nice afternoon. Dora is being very good as I am trying to get her used to sleeping in another room (usual cage, usual routine, lighting dim and in the right area so once the cage is covered she might not be aware of much difference) Its not the first time she has been in there and although she was a bit wary to start with she went in without any more than her normal faffing, settled well and seemed OK this morning - we have guests coming in May and will need to decamp to the back room to allow them the bigger bedroom and attached "ensuite" (sounds very posh but its just that the bathroom can only be reached through that room).
    Hope appointment has gone well Nigel, Hope the dental work tomorrow isnt as drastic this week DizzyBlue, and have a good day everyone.

TomsMum and DizzyBlue like this.
  13. DizzyBlue

I have visions running around my head this morning of what's going on in the yellowchickenparrot house hold …..

1 …. 2... three …..6789 … 10 errr hang on stop moving around you guys …. hmmmm have I counted you as your beak looks familiar.... no stand still for one minute!! Start again … one … 7 … plus another 4 plus another errr hmmmm did you cross over that imaginary line to the uncounted section again???? Get back over there and stop messing about!!
    Then out comes the sticky labels …. :risas3:

Kendra, Shirley and TomsMum like this.
  14. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Errr 26 at the moment!!! Yes it's mental here. 20190409_094645.jpg 20190409_094535.jpg 20190409_094722.jpg

Ozzys owner, Kendra, Shirley and 4 others like this.
  15. DizzyBlue

Just another 10 to go :risas3:

16. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aww I always wanted Quail, if we lived nearer I could easily be tempted.

17. DizzyBlue

Yellowchickenparrot and JackH91 like this.
  18. JackH91

JackH91 Regular Member

Good morning all,

Another chilly morning in London so far. The quail look adorable! If I had my own place I would be very tempted. My dads threatened to move out if we get any more animals

Am going to finish off my cactus terranium when I get home later. Eventually I’ll do a big terranium for the lounge but just need to make sure it’s enclosed and heavy enough to avoid Lylas destructive joy

Hope everyone has a good day

Michael Reynolds and DizzyBlue like this.
  19. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

Morning everyone , good look at the doctors Nigel also with the other appointment hun im sure the hospital will get you sorted out sending loads of hugs your way . Wow Di sounds like you have a busy few weeks bless you , how is your daughter doing i seem to remember back and remember some bless her . Ohhh baby birdy 's they look adorable Yellowchickenparrot awww. Well it looks sunny out but i bet it's abit nippy lol , Scooby Doo is telling me he wants out his cage but i have to try and get a shower yet when Tom is finished running the taps he has cleaned the nursery fish tank out ready for the baby bristlenoses to go back into lol as Tom got to day off then back to work tomorrow till thursday then work right up to Saturday . I have some good newsfor them that i have told there is no charges to be brought against the accident Tom had just before christmas as you can imagine Tom and i are over the moon we got told this Monday so hope our look is changing now fingers crossed . Jude tell Chicko he has to wait for mummy to have her coffee 1st then it's Chicko time hehe , he is a little monkey isnt he Jude . Well im away now will try and get on again at some point to day . To all the poorly ones and feathered friends get well soon sending loads of healing thought's and hugs . Have a nice day everyone no matter where you are .

20. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

That’s good news @Shirley and @radar just a shame you had to be out through so much stress

radar likes this.