Tuesday 8th October

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning
Wet and windy as always.
Birdies slowly waking up, dogs wide awake instantly especially Max the springer - always ready to spring into action, Arthur the GR takes a bit longer.
Not sure what to think about the Climate demo in London which is on going.
Anyone any plans for today apart from work?

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and all that follow, its dry outside at the moment so I hope that lasts all day, birds are a little quiet at the moment but I was keeping them up a bit last night or should I say this morning, well I did get an hours sleep but Poppy came in and started to play with my ear. I had a slight problem with the car day before yesterday as it has lost water so I hope to sort that out tomorrow. well they have all woken up and the gang are having there morning race. and all the flock are awake now. just found two pads on my back from when they wired me up yesterday, how I did not fill them last night I have no idea, I am not planning on doing much today just feed the flock shortly,

when I look at the demonstration on climate change it makes me laugh, most will be just kidding there selves that they are doing good, just how many have helped damage the earth in one way or another, how many have learnt to only live on the land and use only renewable energy, not travel except by walking, have mobile phones, by packaged goods, even smoke cigarettes or as they call it recreational drugs. the list is endless even down to having children that will make there own impact on the climate. how did they get there do they own a car or train and bus, a mobile phone and even have running water in there homes that has to be filtered processed pumped and then taken to there homes by pipes ether using metal or plastics in the process, of course we can not live at the moment with out most but its down to each person to make changes in there lives to help this world survive,

Population is the biggest problem affecting the climate, and in the end if its not controlled it will be the killer of the human kind and many animals that we know of today, when humans are hungry they will do anything to survive if they are strong enough, even the rich are not safe if the majority go against them. I totally agree with Richard Attenborough thought on the subject, this world is over populated for its own good. and who will suffer first, the weak, disabled and old, who will live well it not the rich or the ones in power but the individual whom will do any thing to survive.

Our world lives on monies but that is not edible, during times in the recent war with Germany, it was mainly the need to live a more stable life as monies became so value less. food was too dear to buy and many had to find illegal sources to get it. people say about Hitler being so bad but one thing he did do is give his people hope and a reason to improve there country. ok I do not agree with most thing he did as greed and power got to his head, minorities was his target and then they suffered the most, the week and disabled and elderly first, and those who had been strong slowly weekend by lack of food and having to work so hard,

even things like the raising off the pension age as many people live longer and there excuse that equal rights between male and female, they say we are fitter these days longer but one fact remains that if retired many will pass away not too long after as they find they have no reason to live and not get exercise, oh yes more they let us live the more climate change we cause, modern medicine has advanced so much and the abundance of food on our tables has helped our longer life, but just how long can this be sustained.

its not up to government's to change things it up to each one of us, lighten up those who demonstrate and just look at how each one can change the climate. sorry Diana for such a reply but you did ask what our thought are on demonstrator's Ha Ha

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Well said Michael, A similar conversation is running on another forum I look at - well I tried self sufficiency in the early 80s and realised that its not possible to do it alone and you need to be part of a small community to really survive. However I still try to "live lightly" making as little impact as possible. One of the reasons I was taught to reverse into a parking space was (not only the reason of not backing out onto a road) but that it was kinder to the car engine to reverse while the engine was still warm.

Michael Reynolds

the reverse gear is the lowest gear in a car, uses more petrol or deisel when an engine is cold there it will produce more carbons, so you are also doing a bit to save the environment, one of the big ways that many people can save the environment is stop buying bottled water and bring back returnable bottles, there as a video on you tube showing just how much small particles of plastic is in each bottle now a days, and this is found in all makes that you can find on the shelf, I use water filtered tap water myself its just as safe less to buy and more friendly than what I believe is one of the greatest cons that are in supermarkets. I try to recycle what I can but I also will not buy foods that I fill are over packaged just look in the dustbin at the end of the week how much waste do you have, many cardboard boxes I give to the flock to chew or make toys with my main bin has not had to go out for over five weeks, I try not to have much food wastes and what I do have normally goes in the garden as it makes good compost the biggest waste is with the flock but even most of that can be given to the wild birds. I believe we all have to do our bit to help, the little thing do matter.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Our chickens make instant compost which goes down onto the heap, and I try to buy loose cereals, seeds, nuts etc from the BioCoop (1.99 euros for loose sesame and linseeds, which was transferred to a big jar, (but would have cost at least three times as much in little plastic boxes from the supermarket). Then the paper bag I bought the loose stuff in is used for non chicken vegetable waste and againthen goes onto the compost heap.

Top Bottom