1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuesday 8th January

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

I dont feel so good this morning but its 100% the reflux and I am so lucky I dont get the pain often associated with it. Its just a feckin nuscience. Been tossing and turning all night but did get some sleep. The cancer is a doddle and from the first time seeing the oncologist it appears I will have that beaten but this reflux is getting me down. I have this feeling of something stuck in my throat and it might clear in 5 minutes, 3 hours, all day, you just dont know when it will clear.

Just a quick one today, the gales have died down but there will still be a fresh breeze all day. Temps will be around 5c so perhaps I can have a couple of hours pulling weeds up from the pots. Sorry Nacho and Roxy but it might mean you both being out a little less today. I'll make up for it though, I promise. LOL.

Have a Great Tuesday Everyone and get well soon to those that are suffering.

Cheers

Nigel

2. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Morning Nigel and the rest of the crazy people who have parrots. It's damp and cool here everyone is getting a tad better today and I managed to get four hours sleep last night yay that's good with sick kids and wife. Lucky I didn't catch it, it was a virus i think as it comes and goes in two days. Cornwall has had a bit of a outbreak of the neuro virus so it was probably that. Luna needs lots of out time today as she has only been out for a short time the last two days, I'm going to spoil her today.

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, sorry to hear the family have been unwell @Yellowchickenparrot and hope you stay clear of it.
    Hubby had to go to dentist today to have a back double tooth out which has split !

4. Yellowchickenparrot

Owww tooth out, sounds painful! I like going to the dentist I get the best treatment and sometimes a kiss.

5. dianaT

I guess you have a female dentist then!:lol:

6. Yellowchickenparrot

Yes and she's hot

7. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

:risas3: Clever lady Mrs YCP

dianaT and JessCheekyMia like this.
  8. Yellowchickenparrot

Owww tomsmum got it, obviously you did a bit of FB research.

TomsMum likes this.
  9. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

is it because your other half as not been well and she has a temperature at the moment Ha Ha

10. dianaT

Hubby now minus one back double nasher! Came out easy as it was already broken in two halves!

11. Yellowchickenparrot

Bud did he get a sticker ?

dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  12. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

I hope he is not in too much pain @dianaT.

Yesterday turned out so lovely. Well I went to the zoo and at the end of the day I saw a lady with her son. We had met them on a previous day out at the zoo.
    We got talking and she has been through a lot. She was telling me she is waiting for a bereavement counselling. She told me she has nobody else but her son to talk too. She looked very down.
    I gave her my number and email so she can chat to me when she needs too. I have also invited her to our home if she ever wants to get out of the house and have a good chat.
    On the way home I couldn't help but think of her and her son with what they are going through.
    Well she messaged me last night. This has meant the world to her. It is nice to chat to her too. She is so lovely. She wants to be good friends.

13. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

day one of the annual diet.. can't say as I am wildly happy about it but if I don't do it I will end up on one of those documentary shows - fattest women in Birmingham unable to leave house... unfortunately I like eating too much so January though to about March every year is a necessary evil. well it is if I am going to fit into summer clothes lol.

dentist... ugh don't . I hate it. have terrible sensitive teeth so any poking hurts like hell. plus have weird jaw thing where it can get stuck if I open too wide- clicks in and out which adds to nerves of occassion. I need to go as have finally saved up enough to get crown redone but I need to pluck up courage first.

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  14. Michael Reynolds

I doubt it and I do not think he will get a kiss of his dentist like you do, but if he did then @dianaT it may be time to worry :risas3::risas3::risas3:

15. Michael Reynolds

Jess you are so lovely and I am sure the friendship will blossom and benefit you all

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  16. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

My gums are hurting today, wisdom teeth are making an appearance again.
    It would be so handy to marry a dentist/doctor/paramedic etc haha oooo even better... A Vet!! An avian vet!

@JessCheekyMia you have a heart of gold.

I really need to diet but dont want to at all. I did walk to work today though so its a start... I'll just have to go on the scales again as that usually motivates me enough to stop stuffing my face :risas3:

sunnyring and JessCheekyMia like this.
  17. Yellowchickenparrot

Lovely story jess I'm sure you will become good friends. Ha ha it's not all it's cut out to be Heather the look on my wife's face when I order a dessert or buy a chocolate bar. I got the best of both worlds she is a Dr but practices dentistry not all doctors do doctor stuff lol, how I managed to punch way above my weight I really don't know, she's bloody amazing and I'm just some Cornish pasty.

18. dianaT

Yellowchickenparrot likes this.
  19. Michael Reynolds

Heather I can understand you not eating when you are on the scales but the problem arises only when you are off them so how about standing on them every day :imwithstupid::applaudit::risas3:

I love the Cornish pasty reply it had me in stiches

20. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Aww thank you Heather, you do too.

Wisdom teeth can cause a lot of pain. Have you got any pain relief xx