Tuesday 6th August 2019

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning peeps
A tad cold over here today … well cooler than it has been anyways there's a stiff breeze blowing and quite a stormy cloud filled sky which doesn't bode well.
Alfie the blue front got up on the wrong side of his perch this morning and I got a bite which has resulted in four plasters encasing the offending index finger that needed telling off. Not really his fault in a way as he had a flight feather (P7) on his right wing that has been trying to be shed for a day or two now … well this morning it was bent with a slight twist ready to be cast … and obviously a tad sore … which was obviously my fault according to his way of thinking! :watchout: So I got bitten instead of the usual need to being snuggled in the morning. After patching myself up went back and got him to step up and then popped him on the sofa and dropped a towel over him took out the offending feather took just a second to do it and he's been totally fine ever since full of wanting kisses and cuddles preening himself and saying he's a good boy. Not going to risk another chomp for a couple of hours so he's pottering around getting into some mischief. Quick shower for him and the others in a few minutes just to make sure all's settled with the removed flight feather. New one will be through sooner than the old one will be missed.
Henni is still being good and not having too much of a go at her chest so fingers crossed that's in the healing mode too.
Finished my antibiotics and scabby infected mosquito bites now healing well next time will have some of that Anti-bite stuff ready and waiting. Hope the mosquito's that bit me have belly ache!
Not sure what today will bring but whatever it does it will as they say!
Take care and be safe, huge hugs to those in need of them.

cazimodo

Morning everyone. Grey and raining here, so nice and cool for me. Yay!

I know what you mean about the bites Tasha. With Ziggy plucking she obviously hurts herself and then lashes out at whoever happens to be closest at the time. I've had a few sore ones, but poor Frodo also gets the blame!

Speaking of that wee devil, he's at full volume again this morning and my ears are just about bleeding [emoji38] Time for headphones again methinks!

Have a good day everyone.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, Yep bites hurt and bleed whichever birdies gives us one, my knuckle almost healed now from Boxers bite, but I do wish Senegals did not hang on so! Nice for Alfie that you were able to remove the offending feather for him.
Had a fair bit of rain overnight but right now the sun is out so am pondering whether to hang the washing out to dry.
My list of things to do before Friday when the family arrives is getting longer and nothing being ticked off, it doesn't help having 2 medical appointments to attend this week.
Enjoy the day everyone.

Ararajuba

Another member of the Birdy Bite club reporting here! (What is it with them at the moment?) I was just putting some fresh seed for the conures yesterday when Vivi got overexcited, squeezed past the bowl as I was trying to insert it through the door, and came out to sit on my shoulder and cheep in my ear. This wouldn't have been so bad, but the room door was open, the outside doors were unlocked, and my naughty big girl was wanting to open them to go and play on her tricycle, while wife was busy changing the baby or something.

I therefore decided to prioritize getting Vivi back in, but she wouldn't go through the small door I had open (the big ones were secured to prevent birdy escapes and couldn't be opened one-handed) and meanwhile Dido had shown up in full-blown warrior mode (this all happened within the space of about 2 seconds, I'm normally very swift about putting things in and out of the cage to minimize problems like this). She was all fluffed up, strutting like an old-fashioned clockwork soldier, and squealing like a rampaging guinea-pig because I had dared to touch one of "her" bowls; and since I did not immediately put it down and whip my hand out of reach due to being distracted by Vivi's escape, she promptly latched on to my forefinger like a tiny and very colourful bulldog, and hung on grimly for a while, chomping away. I was holding the bowl half way through the door at the time, unable to either put it down or remove it because now there was a Dido wedged half-way through the door, biting me, and unable to use the other hand to assist because it was holding the door open at the time. (The small doors on their cage have powerful springs, and I didn't particularly want to squash the silly creature in the process of getting her off my finger.) It took me quite a while, and one very sore finger with a deep puncture hole in it, to bring the situation back under control and get everyone where they should be. Thanks birdies! I'm just glad Dido isn't something bigger (and I'm not even convinced that was a full-strength bite, more like an irascible and prolonged gnaw.) I suspect a Senegal doing the same thing would have been even worse! (Though, actually, she's not much smaller.)

Very tired this morning as my big girl decided to get up repeatedly during the night and kept coming to our bed to inform us of this while having a good cry (and I was already worn out and trying to get an early night, fat chance of actually sleeping!). I must have got up to put her back to bed at least half-a-dozen times, not counting the several times I had already put her back before I even went myself, before she finally settled down for a few hours. Then I ended up wide-awake at about 4:30 AM for some reason... Am currently drinking some nice locally produced coffee (well, not that there's any other kind available here, but this does ensure it is properly fresh), which is helping me feel a bit better, and wondering if I should bite the bullet and bathe the dog shortly, as she's getting pretty strinky again.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
OOoo everybody with birdie bites over to Diana's house to have cake to feel better :naughty2: a cunning plan!

Changed the plasters on chomped finger a couple of times now and still flipping bleeding like a slaughtered cow! Its through the knuckle of the first joint in the finger on the underside so every time I bend my finger … splosh more coming out :BangHead: can't walk around all day with my first finger sticking up … it looks rude! :eek:
Good job I love that flipping bird to bits or he'd be out on his tootles with his toys packed into suitcase and told to go flipping walk-about and bite somebody else. He's trying very hard to remove the plasters I have at every chance he gets apparently they too are offensive to him :copas: he's just got his grumpy knickers on today is all I can think... casting and pinning major flights must be irritating for him … but they are ruddy painful for me :risas3:
One thing though … at least I know I am not alone :confused:

Michael Reynolds

Good afternoon all, apart from a few showers this morning its been a sunny day, birds have been making a lot of noise since I got back but must of had fun while I was out with so much chucked on the floor from feed to toys and paper ripped plus one envelope that Jackie destroyed, I gave her a walnut as it was only one from the TV Licence people, they don't give in do they, I am thinking if they do come then I will let them in if they want and I will warn them that parrots can bite so if he comes in I am not responsible, ill get Buster out Ha Ha he is my guard dog. saying that both Charlie and Jackie are Barking like a dog at the moment. Rikki has been making some strange sounds, I do not know if She has laid another egg will check her in a little while. Poppy still on two eggs and extra demanding day and night. Chickens all fine but I will have to clean them out later and I still have a few cages to jet wash. Dish washer has stopped working sometimes there are not enough hours in the day. hope you are all well or felling better than what you have been, have a good evening

plumsmum

Hi all better late than never LOL

Wow @dianaT those cakes look yummy and reminds me that I should set to and make some more for the freezer. Have you tried Fat Rascals instead of Rock Cakes?

Looking after Arthur again and Rubes deffo knows what he is (male!!!). Arthur is totally oblivious and just wants me :) Better wait to have her cholesterol test done again just incase he is sending her hormones soaring, she certainly has been a stroppy mare lately. Enjoy the rest of today all :)

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Parrot slaves need a plaster that can be removed from the package one handed (well one hand and teeth). Sennies certainly bite deep, hang on and then there's the sideways grind!
@dianaT we also need a "love it" option for those cakes.:emoji_cake:

Top Bottom