Tuesday 4th June

Michael Reynolds

Good morning everyone, not a bad start of the day with thin cloud but a chance of rain later, I will be having an easy day today compared to yesterday. well the flock has been in lovely whistling voice all morning, I think Charlie has finally got the message from Conker as he was feeding her at long last. I will say she has been persistent in gaining his attention. the gang have not been racing around so far so I do not have to duck so often. Lemon and lime my latest flock members got the all clear yesterday and are now getting used to the other birdies. Lime was the first to venture out, Nigel carry on resting my friend and I wish you and everyone not well a better day today and do not forget Rome was not built in a day, but it was named in a day.

Attachments

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Morning all, a sunny day ahead before storms come in this evening. Having cleared all the laurel on Sunday I have now shifted all the stones and boulders to create the "rockery" and hope to plant it up before the rain arrives.
Keep working at getting your strength back Nigel and dont hatch too many ducklings Jess!

cazimodo

Morning everyone. Lime is very handsome Michael (or is it pretty?)

I spent the morning waiting for IT to come online as they applied bitlocker encryption to all our hard drives yesterday and I was totally locked out. Finally back in, but that was more than two hours wasted when I could have been working.

I finally got an appointment for the heart monitor fitting on Thursday. I only have to wear it for one day though so not sure it is going to tell us anything if I don't have a full on Lurgy attack on that day.

I also now have an appointment for a colonoscopy next Wednesday. They did one a couple of years ago as part of the series of tests I underwent at the time and removed a polyp so it's routine to do a follow up. I am not looking forward to it one bit. The procedure itself isn't too bad, but the prep the day before is rather horrible. Not least having to drink two litres of the clean you out goop in as short a time as possible. Two litters of stuff with the consistency of unset gelatine is very hard to swallow

Birds are very noisy this morning. I think they are responding to the racket going on outside as all the fledgling starlings are screaming to be fed. It's time to put boxes up on the windowsills again to discourage them from bashing themselves into the glass.

Have a lovely day y'all.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

bikergirl Carol

morning all. not a clue about weather at home as i am staying at my daughters until baby is born. Its due day today but dont think he wants to say hello just yet. the weather here is dry cloudy and warm. We have plans in hand just in case.
safe day everyone x

dianaT

Staff member
Good afternoon, been a busy one here today, also it is pouring in rain and colder too.
Eldest Grandsons been fined for parking his car for a whole week in a Burger King car park !
How can he prove he didn't - he uses his car daily to get to & from work (which is no where near there anyway) Fine atm is up to £300 for something he didn't do! The company is Civil Enforcement Ltd.

cazimodo

Diana, if it's not a Council then they should have no legal authority to issue fines. If you check the form and it doesn't say "Penalty Charge Notice" then it is probably from a private parking company. You could appeal it if the company belongs to a registered trade body, or if you think you can stand a few months of repeatedly more and more bolshie demands and threats you cod ignore it. I did that when my sister supposedly illegally parked somewhere using my dad's car and they gave up after about six months. Best to have proof otherwise if you need it in case they do decide they want to go to court, but they almost never do. What you should definitely not do is just pay it though - it will be nigh impossible to get back.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Just managed to get 5min to myself, took the kids soft play all morning so we are all exhausted. I got flattened by a lady who lost her footing on the soft mats and landed on me she was terribly embarrassed but I helped her up and said it was no problem and that it was actually quite funny. The next thing I know two mum's are bitching loud enough to hear saying that she could fall on one if the kids and that she shouldn't be aloud in the play area. It's so so sad that adults can be so cruel and to pick on someone's size is just pathetic, well she started crying and went home I felt so sad for her and wanted to say what I thought of the two nasty bitc*=s. But with the kids and others about I just held my toung so I wouldn't get chucked out.

dianaT

Staff member
Oh dear - maybe you could have complained to a member of staff @Yellowchickenparrot , people can be so nasty.

@cazimodo thanks. I am not sure what he is doing about it yet. About 2yrs ago Britannia parking sent me a 'fine' for outstaying my welcome in a Waitrose car park in Chichester, west Sussex, about 250-300 miles away. Have never been there ever! Long story short Resolver got involved and after many signed for letters to Britannia from me, asking for photographic evidence. Eventually they admitted it must have been human error in writing down my car number plate - no apology though for all the stress & upset caused.
Admin on here were wonderful with their support as I had been on-line on this forum from my home IP most of that day - evidence sent, as was records of mileage which luckily keeps a monthly tab on how far we both travel. Some of you will remember all of this.

Michael Reynolds

@dianaT if he was not there or not there for the times they state then he should ignore the demand for payment, I will recommend that he complains to head office of Burger king stating that it was not his vehicle and tell them he will stop using his local burger king until its sorted. the parking company will need to provide proof it was your grandsons car and that it was parked there for the length of time they stated. do not contact the parking company.

Michael Reynolds

@cazimodo Lime and Lemon are both females and have lived together for over two years. I have started to train Lime today and already stepping to my hand both bird have never had much human contact or out the cage time, Lemon she is very timid so I am just letting her watch me and lime during training, they have been passed to me for possibility of being companion birds but they are to stay together to provide company for the elderly once Lemon is not so frightened. Yellowchickenparrot I do not think I could of stood there and listened to them running down another person just because they are larger than most, especially that they never had a go at you for also being on the mat, its incidents like this that often affect the person its aimed at and getting them even more down, No one knows her past and what she has gone through or her medical state, to me its just bullying its a shame she never fell on them.

dianaT

Staff member
@Michael Reynolds Burger King have nothing to do with the parking arrangements they are contracted out to this awful company, it was the same when I received that parking fine from Britannia parking while my car was supposedly parked in a Waitrose car park, again the parking is contracted out to them and the supermarket did not want to know despite my letters to them.

Michael Reynolds

Yes I know that but by replying to Burger King Direct, they are the owners of the land the parking company are only a contractor, I owned a parking area and did use contractors when I first took the site over along with my shops, it was owing to customer complaints that I ended the contract company as my customers had to come first or I would not have them come back to me. Pressure from the shop can change a lot and no matter how big the company a bad word from a dissatisfied customer can loose three or more customers.

Ararajuba

Since the State has its claws in so much of everyone's hard-earned money these days - which it proceeds to spend on what it pleases rather than what the tax-paying population actually wants or needs - a lot of private companies seem to have come to the conclusion that if they act like a department of the State, by being rude, officious, overbearing, bureaucratic, sending threatening "official"-looking correspondence, etc, they will be similarly rewarded! This only works, though, if you are intimidated enough by their antics to give in to them. Since their bluster usually has very little legal standing, resistance usually works out better in the long term if you have the time and energy to deal with the idiots.

When I was still in the UK, I got so fed up with the rude letters I was receiving every few weeks from TV licensing, threatening to take me to court unless I coughed up what I "owed" (this was particularly irritating when I didn't have, nor want, a TV in the first place), that I decided to send them some "official" letters of my own, since you couldn't tell them to get lost any other way at that stage (don't know if there are other options these days). After several rounds of mutually enjoyable correspondence, they decided they didn't want to deal with me any more to the extent that they actually offered me some token compensation for the trouble they had caused me, and never sent me another threatening letter for the rest of the time I lived there! I kept that cheque for years as a souvenir, though I think it never made it to Brazil when I moved here... :biggrin:

Tessa managed to hurt her leg the other day running round the garden like a lunatic after her bath. I couldn't find any obvious damage, but she was still walking on three legs the next day, so we decided to call the vet. She couldn't detect anything serious either, and decided it was probably just a sprain (as I suspected) which she was being dramatic about (as I also suspected). However, she also thought when she examined her that she may have swollen lymph glands in her hind legs, and was worried that this could be the first sign of a Leishmaniasis infection - there has been a local outbreak lately, and she has seen a number of cases which have first presented like this. So it looks like she's going to need a blood test at the vet's once the sprain has improved enough to walk down there (it's only about a mile away, but too far for a three-legged dog).

I really hope she doesn't have Leishmaniasis, as it is debilitating and often fatal to dogs, and is hard to treat. The in-laws' dog was treated for it a while ago, which had no real effect besides prolonging her suffering for a few months. It could be another less serious infection from the local bitey flies or mosquitos though, or just the result of her getting calluses there from sunbathing for hours on the hot concrete - the vet acknowledged that these were also possible, but it seems better to make sure now that there are warning signs.

Last edited:

Michael Reynolds

I am hoping Tessa has just a sprain, TV inspectors make me laugh, I used to repair TV's in the old days of tubes and early colour TV's had a seven year TV licence that cost 7 shillings and 6d, shop one, the last time I had a TV my son gave it to me as I was signed up with virgin. I had just brought it into my place for connection the following day, within an hour of me getting it home the door bell rung, it was the TV man, he asked me if I have a TV as they have no record of me having a licence, being honest I said yes, so he started reading me the riot act. after I signed to agree with his statement and explained its not working until I get connected he still insisted that I will be summoned to attend court. I offered him in to see the set as until this point he was still on my door step. he came down to my flat and made notes of the make and serial no. well he looked so pleased with him self and went to leave then I said can you put the plug on it for me. He was not happy, I knew hr could not do anything and I just said to him "well I know its an hour and a half less time for you to try to catch some other pore person. I always like to keep these chaps waiting and I know I get a visit at least every two months. I refuse to give them my name and refuse them to come in if they ask do I have a tv I just say that's for me to know and you to find out. letters from them I give to Jackie to open she just loves ripping them to bits. I have a satellite dish on the outside but if they follow the cable they can see its cut off before it gets into my home.

TomsMum

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Doubt that Burger King own the land...these places are leased, the communal areas like car parks are controlled by the landlords, and it’s that who engage the parking sharks.

Top Bottom