Tuesday 3rd December

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and all that follow, not long got up as i decided the flock can waite a short time for there breakfast but they are all happaly eating now, the sun is out but i have not been outside at all yet. do not need to go out today so i will be relaxing most off the day. i will say i did not have the best of nights but i am feeling a little better now. Bleeding has finally stopped again, but i will leave it till this afternoon to clean and redress myface so its got a chance to settle. i have an appointment on thursday for a compleat redress and check on the progress plus an appointment on the 15th to see the prospetic consultant. Hopeflly they had managed to remove all the cancer or i may have to havefuther operation or chemo/ radio therapy. yesterday was a bit of a shock to me as i honestly did not do a lot and just how week i had become especailly with the walking. when i think i could walk or cycle from here to maidstone with no problem just over a year ago. i d hope your appointment with the hospital will not be long Diana. Love to know how Nigel is doing, he is always on my mind. Nave a good day every one

cazimodo

Morning folks. Apologies for not being around. Still crazy here. I'll need to go back and catch up on how you are all doing. Glad to hear they have managed to remove all the cancer though Michael. 🤗

I am currently waiting on news from the vet as we had to rush Frodo in for an emergency appointment yesterday evening and he stayed overnight. He seemed fine when I had him out in the morning, but I noticed straight away when I got them out at night that something was wrong. Very quiet, ruffled, poop around the vent and Ziggy kept trying to attack him. I'd been in meetings all day so wasn't in the same room as them, but I realised his food bowl hadn't been touched all day. Vet took blood and initial results for liver, kidney etc. look okay, but the more extensive blood tests will come in tomorrow or so. They have put him on antibiotics and are feeding him high potency stuff through a syringe to keep his weight up. It's now pretty much a waiting game to see if he can come home today or not.

No idea why he always seems to get I'll this time of year. I wish I could pinpoint the cause.

Have a good day everyone and I'll try to catch up more over the next week or so as the project has finally reached some level of normalcy.

Kendra

@Michael Reynolds You have to remember what a major operation you have had and your body needs time to repair itself and recover, they did say quite a while? Such a shock to the system. The more you rest the quicker you will be yourself again. I honestly do not know how you are managing, my flock tire me out just thinking of what I have to do.

Anyway, in this cold weather I hope everyone is wrapped up well and keeping themselves warm, is this normal at this time of year in England to be so cold?

JackH91

Good morning everyone, all the flock have been fed, watered and entertained and I’ll get back to them for a few hours later after work. One of my lovebirds cane to us in a terrible state a couple of years back and is a habitual plucker around his vent. We always bathe the area each morning and this seems to have done the trick as he’s allowing feathers to grow in around that area for the first time in a while and seems less irritated by it.

Glad to hear that your op went well Michael and fingers crossed for a successful follow up. Take it easy and you’ll be back to yourself before you know it 🙂 hopefully Frodo is ok Cazimodo, I’ll check up on here for his progress.

Michael Reynolds

I do hope Frodo will recover soon it such a worry when they are ill. Kendrai would not off gone out if i had not needed too, i have had friends helping with te flock in the afternoon but i sort out there breakfast.. the thing that i worry about the most is how low my blood pressur gets but i will have to wait until i have healed more before they i can get that sorted out. Hi Jack its good to see you and know you are fine

Top Bottom