Tuesday 31st December New Years Eve

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning,
Noisy and busy here with family staying, so I may not be on here much for a few days!
Hope all went well for @Michael Reynolds at the hospital yesterday.
I doubt we shall see the New Year in, mind will be pleased to say goodbye to this year it has not been a good one in so many ways, and I am sure that applies to a few of us on here.
Make the most of the end of 2019 everyone.

Michael Reynolds

Good afternoon all, went out quite early, it was quite cold and very misty, birds all are fine and happy I am back home. yesterday all went well but I am back there on Friday as they are thinking of using Surgical Honey on the wound. I cannot remember when I broke that mirror so just hoping the seven years of bad luck is over with Diana. I will be seeing the new year in with a lovely cuppa some chocolates and a lovely welsh cake. I wish that the new year will be far better than the last one.

dianaT

Staff member
Michael that is great they are considering 'surgical honey' - Manuka honey medical dressings I expect. I always have a tube of Activon manuka getl it really heals up parrot bites, any cuts etc. I wish more of the medical profession would use these products.

Michael Reynolds

There are a lot of uses for the honey but being I have to keep the wounds moist and not fully healed for at least eight weeks so that there is less chance of nasty scars forming, the honey they use is not for healing although it has great antibacterial properties. with out a nose to blow it is hard to clean out the nose area and this will form a very sticky like mucus and crustation that is so difficult to clear from the nose area, if you have a nose then the hairs inside it keeps the nose clean. the honey will be used as a barrier to stop the flehm sticking to the skin that is forming and also giving the cru stations that develop a greater chance of being removed with out so much discomfort. I have to wash the area out four times a day but allow air to get at it at night so it can dry a little bit. Each time I clean the wound it has to looks so fresh as if its just been opperated on but with out the bleeding. I cannot get to all the wound as I cannot see it and this is why I have to get the extra cleaning done at the hospital. I normally end up with what fills like a tooth ache after they have cleaned it but they are cleaning the top of my upper jaw bone, and I have no teeth there. I hope this helps you and others understand and often is the main reason why people whom go through such a operation can get so down at times even with out them having to face the disfigarence that they have to live with @diana

Oli Fry

Registered
Here's hoping everybody's birds survive the fireworks. Ear-splitting explosions as grown men let off huge rockets from their suburban gardens since about 4pm here in north London. What the hell is wrong with people?

CaptainHowdy

Here's hoping everybody's birds survive the fireworks. Ear-splitting explosions as grown men let off huge rockets from their suburban gardens since about 4pm here in north London. What the hell is wrong with people?

I absolutely hate the darn things. We've had them going off since around the same time. This year's been terrible for it! Time they were banned from public and used only for organised licensed displays and then the silent ones only!!

Anyway Happy New Year all! X

KateA

Good afternoon all, went out quite early, it was quite cold and very misty, birds all are fine and happy I am back home. yesterday all went well but I am back there on Friday as they are thinking of using Surgical Honey on the wound. I cannot remember when I broke that mirror so just hoping the seven years of bad luck is over with Diana. I will be seeing the new year in with a lovely cuppa some chocolates and a lovely welsh cake. I wish that the new year will be far better than the last one.
Yr profile picture looks like our Cash boy. 🙃

Michael Reynolds

Ha Ha it is Cash silly me, well spotted @KateA and its a lovely photo of him as well, I should of looked at the photo more carefully, I will change it tomorrow

Top Bottom