Tuesday 28 July

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Hello folks - it seems very quiet on the site today! Hope you are all OK. After a very hot night we have a cooler cloudy day with very light , but very welcome rain. I hope it greens things up a bit - even the thyme plants are all crinkled up and brown.
As I noted a few days ago I washed my car at the weekend (in preparation for taking it to a service) and allowed Dora to sit inside whilst I did so (much to her delight) and congratulated her on not having pood on the headrests. Well the service was completed and I collected the car today, only to realise that she had done a massive poo on the steering wheel! :D
Called into the post office too and if you are not wearing a mask you have to buy one from them for 90 cents before they will serve you!

Take care everyone. I hope nobody had planned a holiday in Spain !

dianaT

Staff member
Good afternoon

What a day..... Hubby went out to Homebase for something or the other said it's all cordoned off one way round store even if you don't want those aisles - quite a route march really as its a biggish store. No one was wearing a mask only him.
Got what he wanted went to another retail park and realised he could not find his bank card wallet, he had used it in Homebase so went back there & looked at the area he had parked in not there on the floor and not been handed in. So of course have been on the phone cancelling the cards and have to wait for replacements to arrive. What a to do. ( I have decided he's not safe out on his own!)

Daughter has been to hospital in Swansea to have a broken tooth removed, all done and her hubby is now driving her back.
Just trying to catch up with stuff now.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Commiserations with you and your hubby, i did exactly the same in Aldi a few weeks ago..... that awful feeling when you realise the card isn't there, the multiple trips back round the shop and the car park. I had to explain why l was looking under people's cars!
Hope your daughter is OK.
Quiet afternoon here trying to be a peacekeeper and keeping a low profile after Dora chewed my husbands phone 😧.

dianaT

Staff member
Oh dear Dora - well I guess you were trying to make a call? ;)
Thanks, hubby now says his driving licence was also in there which of course has address on! This made me look for mine and I cannot find it I daresay it's in that 'safe place' anyway I have applied on-line for a replacement for mine and he will do his tomorrow after we have phoned Homebase again in the morning too see whether their cleaners (if they have them) have found the card wallet.
Daughter is back home tooth removed and gum stitched, antibiotics for 7 days, fingers crossed all will heal well.

dianaT

Staff member
Forgot to say hubby tried to report his lost cards wallet etc to Dyfed Powys police but they don't 'deal' with that now they have contracted out to a private company and it's all done on-line, they want all your personal details and charge you £4.95, I rather think that service will not be used by us, its disgraceful.

Michael Reynolds

You sound all so busy, me I think I may of slept awkward on the edge of the bed as I woke up aching and with a migraine, mind you most of my bed was taken up by gilbert whom was sleeping as close as he could to me and my natural instinct is to move away from him, I thought I will keep off the computer and have a lazy day. its been a lovely day but I never took advantage of it keeping more in the dark. I have been mainly working with the babies repeating words ect. well my migraine has now gone now so I will just sort out the flock feed for the morning I hope you are all fine so pleased you found the wallet Diana. xx

Tonifrax

Sounds like everyones had a fairly busy day today. Weather here in Scotland has been pretty dull and really windy.

Yesterday I got a call in the morning from the rescue about an african grey who they thought would suit me quite well. I was expecting to have to travel quite far but he was in foster 10 mins from where I lived. Within an hour of the call I had arranged to go and meet him and spent 5 hours there with his foster family and their 2 other african greys. They were super nice and I got a really good feeling about the grey I went to see. He wasnt overly shy and took some treats from me and had a little nibble on my sock. Their other african greys also came over and said hello.

Ive briefly handled Macaws and cockatoos before as well as smaller birds but Ive never held or seen an african grey in person but they said I was confident with him which is what he needs so both parties were happy and today I signed the adoption papers and finalised everything. I am going to pick him up tomorrow afternoon and I am so excited. Hopefully my parrotlets dont mind the new addition. Will be staying in contact with his foster family too as we all got on really well and they offered to parrot sit if i ever need it and I told them they could still come and visit him

So excited to get him home and Ill have to post some pictures once hes settled in 😄

Zoe220615

Sounds like everyones had a fairly busy day today. Weather here in Scotland has been pretty dull and really windy.

Yesterday I got a call in the morning from the rescue about an african grey who they thought would suit me quite well. I was expecting to have to travel quite far but he was in foster 10 mins from where I lived. Within an hour of the call I had arranged to go and meet him and spent 5 hours there with his foster family and their 2 other african greys. They were super nice and I got a really good feeling about the grey I went to see. He wasnt overly shy and took some treats from me and had a little nibble on my sock. Their other african greys also came over and said hello.

Ive briefly handled Macaws and cockatoos before as well as smaller birds but Ive never held or seen an african grey in person but they said I was confident with him which is what he needs so both parties were happy and today I signed the adoption papers and finalised everything. I am going to pick him up tomorrow afternoon and I am so excited. Hopefully my parrotlets dont mind the new addition. Will be staying in contact with his foster family too as we all got on really well and they offered to parrot sit if i ever need it and I told them they could still come and visit him

So excited to get him home and Ill have to post some pictures once hes settled in 😄
Congrats hope it all goes well for you x

Tonifrax

That is very good news I am so excited for you and your new friend good luck tomorrow such exciting times
Thank you, im super excited. Waited quite a while and now its all happening so fast but its good. Cant wait to get him/her home. Hopefully I will get some pictures or a nice video of him singing opera that I can share with everyone 😂 He's such a character, hes been moved around a lot through no fault of his own so im happy he gets to come live out the rest of his days with me

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Thank you, im super excited. Waited quite a while and now its all happening so fast but its good. Cant wait to get him/her home. Hopefully I will get some pictures or a nice video of him singing opera that I can share with everyone 😂 He's such a character, hes been moved around a lot through no fault of his own so im happy he gets to come live out the rest of his days with me
Ooh exciting! 😁

Top Bottom