Tuesday 27th April

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, how is everyone, any news?

I had phone call from GPs surgery yesterday 'to make my 2nd covid appointment' I said I was phoned about 10 days ago and given this Fri 30th 11.15am, she consulted her list and couldn't find me, so now I am booked for same day but 4.15pm. Some confusion going on there anyway I plan to ring them Thursday to ask what time my Friday appointment is, imagine if I turn up 4.15 to be told I should have been there for 11.15am !
Hubby goes for his tomorrow at 9.10 but that's at his GP surgery so it will be an early start here.

Friends called by yesterday they had been to local garden centre so phoned to ask if it was ok to come we said yes, we all enjoyed a cuppa, cake & chat.

I do hope things come right and the right decisions are made for those members unsure about keeping their parrots and those taking up training too.

Enjoy the day, it's cloudy down here.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning Diana and all who follow
Been up since the early hours pottering around distinct lack of sleep going on over here.
Weather wise ..... we have a light sprinkling of rain. Makes a change and the ground really needs it have large cracks opening in the lawn, did stuff them yesterday with top soil and added grass seed to the mix hopefully it will sprout, not sure about my logic on it but there is some there ... whether it works or not is another matter! Experimentation time lol.
Glad you've got your second jab date even if its a bit flaky on the timing at the moment. want mine but heard nothing yet.
Onwards upwards and remaining safe is the order of the day peeps

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Good to see you are OK @Michael Reynolds and good to hear the knee surgery is imminent for hubby @dianaT. Sounds like your dry garden is worse than here @DizzyBlue and that you need a lullaby of falling rain.
Both have slightly achy arms from the vaccinations yesterday, but no other issues. The booking system here allows you to book both dates in advance but my husband has just had his second cancelled, so need to find out if they will send an alternative or if he has to keep searching for another slot.
Take care folks

dianaT

Staff member
Any ideas where I can get him loose jogging bottoms to wear afterwards folks, he needs leg length 34inch and waist 38inch, looked on Amazon, Ebay, M&S - just going round in circles !
He seems to think he will get up the stairs to bed afterwards despite my saying he won't be able to, need to sort out a bed downstairs only got a sofa bed which will be too low. I am dreading all this!

Terry556

Good evening all, well it has been a nice day today, now getting cloudy. Working in Harrow tomorrow, I don’t know if the company is going to let me work from home on Friday, they want to get people back in the office, I will find out Thursday as I am in the office for meetings, I will pack tha car tomorrow night just in case

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Would an air bed go on top of the sofa bed to make it higher? Or your spare bed mattress on top of the sofa bed??

dianaT

Staff member
@dianaT
Asda George do a twin pack for £14.00 Joggers 2 Pack | Men | George at ASDA
Matalan do some loose ones £9 each Mens Joggers | Jogging Bottoms & Pants – Matalan
Cotton Traders Men’s Jogging Bottoms | Cotton Traders

Depends on what he likes style wise ......
It is getting the long leg length most places do not do 34in inside leg, he's never worn any joggers ever so they must be long enough! sofa bed is about 4ft and nothing that size to go on it. Thanks for the ideas .

Top Bottom