Tuesday 21st July

JackAndRob

Staff member
Morning all,

A little cooler in the West Mids today. Calm and bright, but it may cloud over later.

I went out to the supermarket early today. All of the supermarkets around here are opening a little earlier again, which suits me as I like to shop when the stores are quieter. The shelves are full so there's a better choice, especially with the fresh foods. I got some particularly sweet satsumas the other day. One segment each for Jessie and Frankie and they really enjoyed them.

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning another sunny one here.

Nice to hear the supermarkets are opening earlier and you were about to get there @JackAndRob

I am off to hairdresser later she has closed her shop and will be working from home, she has a dedicated room for clients and appointments are well spaced so no one waiting and it enables her to clean before the next person. If she kept her shop she would of course be able to see less clients but still have all the overheads to pay. Or she offered to come to me which is always an option.

Anyway, daughter came yesterday and helped her dad put up trunking /sockets etc (still lots to be done) and I noticed he did not gruff & grunt at every move!

Enjoy the day and still be careful - keep safe.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Cooler here in France first thing but the sun is through now. However a bit of a breeze helps, just wish we could have some rain.

I'm eagerly waiting for satsumas as l have only been able to get big oranges for the last 6 or 7 weeks. No pomegranate for Dora either 🙁.

I'm in 2 minds about having a haircut, my last visit to the hairdresser was in January, and it's all grown out now. I used to have it long but felt it looked a bit severe when I colored my hair. Now l have turned white it looks quite ok. I need to practice putting it up into an elegant easy hairstyle, although a pony tail is good for keeping the flies away when I'm in the garden - we had a plague of horseflies last evening 😧.
Have a good day

Michael Reynolds

Good evening all, been a hot one in Kent, I do not know where the day has gone Time has flown after yesterday today was less stressful but I have been playing more with the flock than getting work done as each time I went to do something Jackie (green winged, Ellie B&G ,Frank, Doris crimson bellied conures and Poppy eclectus, kept climbing on me. they are all very nosy and At the moment I have had the babies in my bedroom but Fred did fly to the floor and then decided to go under my bed for a while to sleep, he was just out of my reach. but after he came out and stepped up on me for a cuddle. Gilbert looks more comfortable today and ha slight movement in his toes after I massaged them. well I am just going to take Buster out for a fly on the farm as there is no one around that he can attack. have aa good evening all xx

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Well just gotten off the phone with our Shirley and for once we have some good news!
Shirls went into hospital to have he lung checked out after a cancer diagnosis about 18 months ago and they have done a lung flush on her as there is infection there and she has been told .... they got the cancer and its just infection and slow healing now :)

@dianaT

dianaT

Staff member
That is such good news, thank you for letting us know, its been a long old haul for our dear Shirley x

Top Bottom