1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuesday 13th

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Yellowchickenparrot, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Well I was really chuffed as Luna had loads of feathers growing on her chest and I was going to take a pic today but it's like she knew and she plucked them all yesterday just before bed. I'm gutted I feel it's habit as well as a bit of bordem she just doesn't seem to want to destroy stuff and chew on all the things I give her. She plucks when she's out when she should be exploring and chewing stuff, she plucks in the aviary to infact the only time she doesn't is when we are cuddling, o and to top it all it's raining :×( feeling flat today guys need to see some cheeky parrot pics.

Tonya likes this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, sadly plucking does become a habit, I know Boxer started on himself quite badly when his brother Jaffa died 18months ago now, but they are slowly growing back, although we often think oh good some lovely feathers now then next day it's disappeared, been pulled out. No idea how to help stop it from happening. But I know how you feel re Luna.

Well sun is out must make the most of it as heavy rain forecast from tomorrow.

Yellowchickenparrot likes this.
  3. Yellowchickenparrot

Anyone tried one of those jumper things? Or will that just cause more stress than good?

4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

My guess it would cause more stress, others may think different.

5. KateA

KateA Regular Member

U asked for it. X
    Screenshot_20190813-095928.jpg Screenshot_20190813-094600.jpg

6. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning all
    If anybody has the telly on seems that there is a bit about some macaws on BB1 Animal Park at the moment (my mum just rang me to tell me lol) whether she is right or not is an entirely different matter bless her :)
    Whatever your up to stay dry and safe

7. Yellowchickenparrot

Thanks for the pics kateA the 2nd one is best lol.

8. KateA

KateA Regular Member

Thanks. Cash was a prima ballerina in his previous life.

9. DizzyBlue

@Yellowchickenparrot she's stressing as she isn't with her flock, hmmm go in the aviary with her and see if she plucks will bet a chocolate biscuit she doesn't. Perhaps time to consider something to stabilise her …. like a friend :naughty2:
    Yes Henni has jumpers and its only certain birds that take to them well. Henni is a total snuggle bunny and adores cuddles all the time as she is very insecure in herself, unflighted she has to be on her guard all the time so she thinks.

So need cuddles.... 24/7
    IMG_3629.JPG

YellowChickenParrot … you are under my power ….. look deep into my parroty beady eyes ...…. you need to snuggle parrots …. resistance is futile.... give in your dark side …… and hand over any cashews you may have lurking in your pocket as well.... when I decide if I wish to count to three you will remember nothing of this.... one … two …. buckle my shoe... seven... eleven...
    DSC00379.JPG

cazimodo, Tonya, KateA and 2 others like this.
  10. Yellowchickenparrot

Ha ha love all the pics, I would have 10 parrots if she would stop plucking

11. KateA

KateA Regular Member

That is totally superb.x

12. Yellowchickenparrot

She can see us all in the garden and can see the kids playing when she's in the aviary, the kaks are locked away but she can see them to. I have been thinking of getting her a friend but nervous about them getting on or fighting over me

13. DizzyBlue

@Yellowchickenparrot she may be able to see you but she can't come and join in with you. So plan B if getting another parrot to keep her company doesn't come to fruition is …. we're going to lock you in the aviary with her :risas3:
    hang on … either that or make the whole garden into the aviary so opening windows and doors wouldn't really matter :naughty2: have seen that one done before :biggrin: they just put posts in along the boundary and then netted the flipping lot :lol:

14. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good afternoon every one, Flock have been very active today, Cash and Bobbie have been very good and also seam so interested in the other flock members whistles calls and mischief that they are getting up to. Poppy has broken her eggs and Ricky now Rikki has stopped laying on hers, I am a little lost to what to put down after the sad news I know Jude will be well mist by Admin and her advice helped many owners of parrots so special hugs to you all

15. Tonya

Tonya Regular Member Registered

:emoji_joy:

16. KateA

KateA Regular Member

Is there any birdie of yrs Bobbie could be friends with? Has he tried?

17. Michael Reynolds

At the moment George is on Bobbies cage and Bobbie is upside down in his cage, I did have Niblet out with Bobbie but they both went there different ways, Bobbie flew a few times around the room and landed on the picture frame and Niblet went in the kitchen Bobbie has not tried to meet the other flock members or take interest in them yet, Cash came out on top of his cage but then climbed down when Molly approached. although Cash will come close to me he has not stepped up on my arm yet, I think I am going to be driven wild from my flock when you come back from your hols, as I am sure they will all be whistling the Adams family tune.

18. KateA

KateA Regular Member

I'm surprised Cash has not treated u to colonel boogie or rebel just for kicks now?

19. Michael Reynolds

he has but not that often, I think it may be because when my others do their sounds it is like the first note of the Adams family tune

20. KateA

KateA Regular Member

Just encourage him not to learn Busters alarm it'd take down our roof.
    I miss the two monkeys. When we come back, with yr permission I'd like to take some pics of yr flock. I told my mum of all the species. She used to be a biology teacher, she'd love to see them. Mum even said when she comes to the UK she'd love to see them in flesh.

Michael Reynolds likes this.