1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuesday 13th February

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

I woke up to a very windy morning here, some gusts are pretty strong at around 45mph but its Southerly and that gives me a good bit of protection. There is also quite a lot of snow forecast tomorrow.

I am sure that Nacho is trying to talk now. Each night before I go to bed I say goodnight to both of them and each time now I get the same noise from Nacho. I dont try to teach them to talk but if they do that on their own accord i'll then help.

I wont be going out today, think i'll have another one of those days when I will do what I want when I want and if I want. Trouble is when I try to have a day like that I often end up doing a lot more than I normally would.

Have a Great Tuesday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

A quick good morning everyone as off to hospital eye clinic shortly. What a wild & windy night it was here.

Hope you all have a good day and @Beaky enjoy your hols.

3. Ararajuba

Ararajuba Regular Member

Hope everyone's having a good day!

I'm quite tired today as a naughty puppy has made it difficult to sleep at night - in addition to a little girl waking up lots and crying lately (mainly because she's teething, but the puppy did some rather eerie whining late last night and scared her, so she had to tell us all about this too). Baby L has been a bit grumpy with Daddy lately, as he has had to tell the puppy off a few times for doing things she shouldn't, and forgot that he was holding a girl while he was doing this. Naturally she thought that when Daddy was raising his voice while holding her, he must be telling her off, so she had a good cry and complained to Mummy each time. She only says a few understandable words, but we know what she means: "Why does daddy tell me off for playing with a yellow ducky? Why does Daddy tell me I can't eat a peice of bread? Mean Daddy!" Of course she's too little to really explain anything to, so I've had to request that Mrs A deals with naughty pup when I'm holding her.

We're probably going to take most of our plant pots to dump at the in-laws today, as puppy thinks it's clever to keep climbing over them all, destroying everything in her path, so she can do her poos on the other side of them, where it's extremely difficult to reach to clean them up. I didn't think those plants would last long out there once we had her! She managed to find a small pot with a dead plant in earlier (plants rarely do well up here for some reason) and took it into her crate like a trophy. She may see fit to start digging dirt out of pots or chewing up the live ones soon!

Nigalius and dianaT like this.
  4. dianaT

Oh dear , thanks for the updates (which I enjoy reading) it did make me smile, not sure whether it was meant to though!:lol:

Ararajuba likes this.
  5. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Hi Diana, hope the eye clinic went OK.

Nigel, what? not more snow? hope it does not come here, the roads have only opened today and I NEED that fresh food for the birdies.

Puppies, don't you just love them, 12/13 years since I had one and she was a miserable little thing, still is a miserable dog, Meg.

You should see my Alsatian, I am ashamed, she has been rolling in the mud, which is everywhere, her lovely (past tense) honey/white coloured coat is matted and lumpy, and she is wet. The problem to brush her she has to be dry, she has the fire at night to dry but before I get round to her in the morning she is outside again getting soaked As soon as the weather is warmer a good clip will be necessary.

dianaT likes this.
  6. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Hi all, I hope your eye appointment went ok Diana.
    My lot are now having a good nap. Elsie has decided to sleep on Mummys shoulder.
    My Mum came to visit today and tried to feed Bernie a seed and she just ran away and she even refused it off Roy then sat with me and I fed them to her. She does make me smile. I love them all to bits.
    I don't have dogs, just birds and 1 cat. But my cat Billy is a right little tinker, but I love him. It gets into allsorts of mischief.
    Before I had birds I had a candle burning, it was one of those Christmas scented candles, Billy decided to sniff it and he ran off so I got Roy to check him to see if was ok. He singed his whiskars and was purring. He hasn't done it again, however when I got Cheeky the candles all went in the bin.

Kendra likes this.
  7. dianaT

All okay at eye clinic thanks, just keep using eye drops & go back in 6 months.
    Shrove Tuesday today anyone having Pancakes?
    I cheated & bought Tesco ready made & thought they didn't taste quite right then read the packed & on the front states, 'with a hint of vanilla.' Wish I'd noticed it as would not have bought them, it doesn't taste right in pancakes, why can't they leave things alone!

8. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I would love pancakes @dianaT but wont take the sugar. Normally I will be a little naughty and have sugar but my blood/sugar levels have not been too good lately. Plus I have been put back on Metformin for the diabetes and gradually build up to full dose which I am on now. It is also an appetite supressant and I am not too happy about that, my anxiety makes me think all kind of silly things. I used to solve that with a bottle of wine around 21.00 but now I drink 1/2 bottle max. I was feeling a bit off earlier so checked myself. Oxygen is very good, blood/sugar 12.4, temp fine and B/P 142 over 74. Its just the wheezing that is starting to get me down... If I was speaking to someone they probably would not even hear it but its only if I breathe in or out deeply.

Just thought, I could make pancakes with lemon only and no sugar?

9. dianaT

Yes of course you don't have to have sugar with pancakes.

10. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

:emoji_pancakes: I had the Waitrose ready made ones and just heated in the microwave...had mine with lemon juice and raspberries...Mark has lemon juice and runny honey.

dianaT likes this.
  11. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Oh I love pancakes missed out today may do some for the weekend. I normally make two for the flock and use them as small wraps as a treat with a slice of lemon in

Kendra likes this.
  12. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Had my pancakes with nutella and golden syrup!

13. TomsMum

A friend just had a very expensive trip to the out of hours Vet after her dog decided to hoover up some raisins she dropped whilst making pancakes.

14. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Was the dog unwell? That's awful

15. TomsMum

They did a stomach pump, and raisins retrieved equalled number eaten, they just have activated charcoal to put with her food tomorrow as a precaution. Another friend nearly lost her Labradoodle, as when they were on holiday, family members house sitting let the dog out into the garden not realising the wind had blown grapes off the vine all over the patio, and dog went and ate them all. :yikes:

16. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

When I met my husband he had never heard of pancakes with lemon and sugar, seems to be a thing about Dewsbury, pancakes only have gravy on - yuck, yuck.

TomsMum likes this.
  17. dianaT

@TomsMum thank goodness your friend got their dog to the vet quickly.
    Also the Labradoodle survived eating grapes, I know they can and do kill .

@Kendra Pancakes with gravy on ! I know you can make savoury pancakes & have various fillings. But for us it is lemon and sugar.

Kendra and TomsMum like this.