Tuesday 10th Dec

dianaT

Staff member
Good grief sheep have arrived in the fields, I only noticed as I came downstairs & saw from the landing window a transporter at the top gate. So quick yell to hubby we both got wellies & waterproofs on and went to secure the gate alongside our barn, the wind and rain is coming in sheets across the fields, we got soaked, we now have the 'windswept and interesting' look !

Kendra

Same here, terrible weather. Must admit Diana I was wondering how things were with you.

Birds loving their new room now, even Dusky seems happy, he has found the big blue paper rolls. Every cage is spotless, no need to change the paper today, unfortunately every inch of the floor is covered with, things and pooh, what a mess. Of course Oscar is shut in but seems really happy, chewing his way through everything and his cage is now huge and full. Who says Cockatoos like toys that exercise their brain cells? Not Oscar, give me some wood, at the moment.

Michael Reynolds

Good evening all, weather is terrible but I have been extra lazy today, to be honest yesterday was not a good day for me, I went out but whilst in town I had a panic attack it sounds so silly but I felt so ill and insecure for no know reason. its hard to explain how it affects me but all I wanted is to get home as quickly as possible. I had a bad evening and night with not feeling comfortable and a slight pain from the operation. I felt so down I did not even want to reply on this site, yes I was very depressed and annoyed with my self. its strange that it came so fast in its affects but also I felt fine all of a sudden not long ago. I could not face up to cleaning the area of my operation or even look in the mirror from yesterday afternoon and also I did not remove the covering from my nose area that I should do every night. I was warned of how such an operation can affect me mentally but thought I was too strong for that to happen to me. yes it is life changing but I will still recommend it is far better than loosing your life owing to the cancer spreading. birds are all fine and I think it was when two of my flock came into my room and just sat on me that helped me get over the depressed mood I was in. well I hope the weather has not affected you too much and have a good evening all

dianaT

Staff member
Good evening Michael, I am sorry to hear how you felt yesterday. I am sure your parrots picked up on it and knew to comfort you.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Oh dear @Michael Reynolds I'm sorry to hear that you have been suffering....it is not surprising that it has suddenly all caught up with you, and I would think you are still in shock from everything that has happened over the last month or so really. It is a life changing experience and I hope that there is counselling available. You know we are here for you and your flock will be invaluable confidants (yes, tell them all about it).
I've been visiting my friend in Oxford today..horrible driving conditions but worth the journey, he had a bad accident (hit and run) and was left brain damaged 27 years ago... It took a loooooong time for him to be independent again and life will always be bewildering and difficult for him, but he manages pretty well and friends and neighbours are good to him.
Keep warm everyone.

Michael Reynolds

yes I can contact my mcmilen center and they have people there that can support me, I think it was the shock coming to hit me on just how much they had to remove, its not a nice sight at the moment but although I coped when I first saw my face with out dressing on I am sure it had affected my reaction but now I fill ok at the moment. I think my flock have noticed the change in me as I am not as active as I was will set myself goals for tomorrow but also I have to be careful that I do not over do things. I will let them know on Thursday on how I have been this week,

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Hay @Michael Reynolds good man for talking about your feelings and not crawling in a hole. I suffered a panic attack last year and I have to say its not something I want to repeat so I fully understand how you must have felt. I hope your depressive mood lifts and you feel more positive soon, I think I remember you saying your taking some tablets to help with your anxiety make sure you keep taking them as I stupidly stopped and my mood clearly changed after a week without them. Make sure you try to post every day and enjoy your flock. Dont over do it and remember we are here for a chat if your feeling pants as I put it lol.

Top Bottom