1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuesday 1 January 2019

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dianaT, Jan 1, 2019.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning folk....anyone up yet?

Just to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope it is kinder to us all than the last one was.

Enjoy your day xx

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

yes I have been up from four Diana and the new year started well as this laptop would not open but I managed to get windows to start in the end, birds are in fine voice not to bad out with cloud cover, I hope not too many of you lot are suffering with a hang over. have a good day every one

dianaT likes this.
  3. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning Diana, Michael and All to follow...

I want to wish Everyone a Happy New Year. May you find lots of Health and Happiness in 2019.

Its a normal morning here with Rain battering the windows but no rain is forecast. Its not cold and there is very little wind about (except Frankie). It actually looks quite good out there.

Both Birds were very good last night, I had my music loud but turned it off about 00.10. Noise really does not stress them, I am so lucky. I might let Nacho outside in a travel cage later for 10 minutes maximum for a shower if the wind stays as it is. He really loves a cold shower.

I behaved myself last night, stayed on the Brandy and Pepsi Max at 50/50. When I went to bed I suppose I was just about tipsy, certainly not drunk. I even did several odd jobs in the evening, just so I could wake up and not have a list of things to do. One of those things is use the iron. I took out all my t shirts with collars on from my wardrobe and ironed the collars flat then I at last started on the 5 pairs of trousers that needed turning up and have never been worn. I use that Wonder Web, its brilliant and so much cheaper. I was up at 06.00 but got on here late as was talking to a friend in Adelaide.

Ahhh well, I better shake a leg now, Have a Great New Years Day, Thoughts to all those unwell

Cheers

Nigel

4. Michael Reynolds

I had a early morning panic with the budgies in the bird room just after midnight its the first time that has happened but the tiels stayed calm (also strange) they all look fine this morning and are in great singing voices. there was fire works going off in the distance last night and a few louder bangs than normal but none at the time of the panic. I must admit I did not get much work done yesterday as I had a bad migraine most of the afternoon and evening so I am playing catch up today. not going out so I should be able to get a lot done,

dianaT and plumsmum like this.
  5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Good morning, and wishing you all and your flocks a very happy, healthy and successful year in 2019. Sun has come out here and it's relativity warm. Time to cut more logs though.

Rain, dianaT, Nigalius and 1 other person like this.
  6. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Morning everyone and Happy New Year to you all also. Gosh is there anyone that had a good one last year? Here's onwards and upwards folks. :)

Not bad with the fireworks, or all the birdies were sufficiently in the land of nod so that was a blessing. Temperatures are due to drop a lot tonight/tomorrow so if you have any outside stuff to do?

Rain, Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and dianaT like this.
  7. Michael Reynolds

Is it Easter? Poppy has just laid another Egg

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  8. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

Morning everyone, been staying up late and lying in everyday over these holidays
    Archie is in full voice lately, screeming the place down, hes just been very loudly doing budgie chirps, very sad as hes mimicked it from Paulie who is no longer with us because of him.
    I was hoping he'd forget about that noise as he hasnt done it for a very long time.

Got both of them climbing allover me right now
    I ordered my furniture from ikea rather than go down to the shop, now just need to order my fish tank stand.
    I rescued an assasin snail so hes in with the betta, the neons have had to go in their own tank as they have neon tetra disease, the betta has no one to chase now haha huge tank and he doesnt know what to do with himself.

Have a nice day everyone

Rain and dianaT like this.
  9. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning everyone.
    Wishing you all a Happy Health New Year xx

10. Michael Reynolds

One for @bikergirl Carol i have had loads of classic motorbikes go past my place on there annual new years day meeting at the White house pub near under river, it been going on for a few hours now and they are still going through. its the first time i have not been working to see the bikes that are from all ages but so lovely to see such a gathering, i miss not having a bike nowadays

11. Rain

Rain Parrot Sniffer Regular Member

I am not!!

Happy New Year everyone. Hope it's a good one for you all - and wishing you peace, happiness and good health. xx

12. Michael Reynolds

Ok spill the beans so what are you battering your windows for :imwithstupid:

Rain likes this.
  13. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:risas3::risas3::risas3:@Rain

Rain likes this.
  14. Rain

Rain Parrot Sniffer Regular Member

Because I'm a secret hooligan.

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  15. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

i love classic bikes. especially the BSA . i would love to stand and watch them go past

16. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I used to have a Bantam 125 then a 175 but took some getting used to with the gears being on the other side to me old CZ.

17. Michael Reynolds

My first bike was a Frances Barnett, then I bought a Valocet, then a Triumph Scooter 250 cc, a honda 90, HD with side car and hand gears that had a reverse, my favorite was an XBR but my brother smashed that one, I always loved the Vincent black shadow

18. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Gosh, I had forgotten about the Beezer Bantams! My boyfriend (later my 1st husband) had one when we first met. I learnt on a Honda 125 but didnt take to being a rider, and we later had Honda 500/4, and BMW 900RS. Moved to cycling in the 1980s but I did used to love riding pillion.

Michael Reynolds likes this.