1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tropical Birdland Near Leicester

Discussion in 'Parrot Media' started by denzarki, Apr 20, 2019.

1. denzarki

denzarki Regular Member

We visited Tropical Birdland today, were in our element.. We were befriended by a blue and yellow macaw.. Loved our time there, well definitely be visiting again off peak, they'd all been overfed today so were all sleeping it off. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. denzarki

denzarki Regular Member

Ps. Connor asked what is the bird in the first picture with me

Pps. Here's echo lol[​IMG]

3. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Looks like a few of us have been there recently and loved it :)
    I went with KevH not long back and know he has been back since.
    @KEV H

KEV H and denzarki like this.
  4. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Bird in the first picture is, I do know but memory gone, sister in law had one called Basil, not a Senegal, @DizzyBlue what is it?

5. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Hey, has Connor gained a little ermm, has he?

6. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

:emoji_fearful: Them birds are clipped !!!

7. KEV H

KEV H Regular Member

the bird is a cape parrot some birds are clipped not many mostly ex pets who had no flight experience or the odd young bird but most are free to go wherever they want

8. denzarki

denzarki Regular Member

I can confirm I saw many of the parrots in flight, there's messages around the park talking about them being ex pets and about plucking etc.. I can only tell a parrots been clipped if i see their wing fully spread so I can't say I noticed any myself.. But the people at the park seemed to care very much for the birds there.. For example I had that little bird in the first picture on me and a macaw started to lean over to me, I didn't even notice but a staff member rushed over to take the little one away from me (and give me a lecture which I thought was a little rude but he only did it because he cared)

As for Connor and echo, they're best friends now, he just won't let her perch on him cos after 3 years he still can't accept parrots poop alot lol.. And she chirps continuously when we eat, sometimes she gets food if its safe, most of the time she doesn't but she still chirps staring at you and flying at you and connor can't ignore that and makes her go in the other room lol

9. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

You've all three of you have come a long way since you first joined forum, think your a proper little flock now the three of you in it together :)

10. denzarki

denzarki Regular Member

I missed the start of your message, thanks Kev :)

KEV H likes this.
  11. denzarki

denzarki Regular Member

Thank you, yes, I no longer fear for the day Connor says "I've had enough" we've actually run the idea a few times of getting a second bird, id really love a grey.

I'm looking forward to when we finally move and have a garden so she can get an aviary outside, id love to teach her to free fly but I think we'd struggle getting her in a practise harness and to return as shes a very free-willed parrot, she does what she wants and doesn't respond to commands unless it's "come here" when you're holding human food lol

DizzyBlue and Wakizashi21 like this.
  12. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Great pics. love the one of Connor with a Neville the Hyacinth.

13. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I love the photos