tropical bird land trip!

niamhandori

thought i’d share some photos from today! it’s thanks you guys i found this place and went! i love it and hopefully going back with more family when we can.

First time i ever held a macaw and one of them bit and broke my screen protector. genuinely thought my phone my gone but luckily it lives another day haha!

The galah loved me! she or he (heard people saying she) only let me stroke her! a family wanted to so i told them how to do it and she tried to bite!!! she did the same to my dad 🤣 she would follow me around too!

it was such a good day out!

Attachments

Lauraj

Good morning, hope you don't mind me jumping onto this thread.
Just wondering what this place is like since the lockdown measures.
I have booked to go on my boyfriend's birthday, 31st August (didn't think of the bank holiday) and just wondered if you have time restraints and things like that, this is the first time we have ever been.

We are 2 hours away and also wanted to go for food so trying to plan the day the best we can haha.
I'm really looking forward to it, we booked to go at 11am due to travelling and things and was hoping this wouldn't be the busiest time🤦🏼‍♀️

niamhandori

Good morning, hope you don't mind me jumping onto this thread.
Just wondering what this place is like since the lockdown measures.
I have booked to go on my boyfriend's birthday, 31st August (didn't think of the bank holiday) and just wondered if you have time restraints and things like that, this is the first time we have ever been.

We are 2 hours away and also wanted to go for food so trying to plan the day the best we can haha.
I'm really looking forward to it, we booked to go at 11am due to travelling and things and was hoping this wouldn't be the busiest time🤦🏼‍♀️
I don’t think there was too many restrictions other than ones you’d expect. I didn’t eat at the cafe so not sure that the rules were with that. we didn’t know they had a cafe so we brought a sandwich to have. The bit where you go in and walk around with the birds they only had a certain amount of people in. so you had to wait for a little before you are allowed in. masks for the little shop. the aviaries the budgie and cockatiel one you had to wait till other people came out before you could go in. it wasn’t bad at all and still very enjoyable

niamhandori

Thank you for the reply! Good to know that they have some restrictions but none that stop the enjoyment.. I'm really looking forward to it!
yeah it’s still really good! when i was walking around with the birds it’s the first time in ages i genuinely forgot about the whole Covid thing which was so nice to have that little time without thinking about it! i hope you have a lovely day there!

Top Bottom