travelling with caiques

worrierqueenie

Registered
hi everyone,
I've been looking to buy a caique as I have a lot of free time to spend with one.

The problem is I live in east central Scotland and the birds for sale are in England. Also I'd have to travel by train because I don't drive.

Has anyone any advice about travelling with birds this way?
I have travelled with other birds on the train and have had no problems but I want to make sure before I do anything that it's possible to do so.

Any advice would be appreciated

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi
As long as you have a suitable travel cage with correct bar spacing and bird/birds have food and water in the traveller I can't see any issues. Probably easier than by car as you can have full attention on the bird at all times.

Roz

Elected Forum Trainer
:welcome: worrierqueenie! How exciting to be planning on buying a Caique! :biggrin:

I too have travelled by train with birds. The last time was picking up Kobe (Pionus - slightly bigger than a Caique) from Yorkshire and we travelled by train, then by tube back to my then London home. I had a backpack type carrier for Kobe which had its own cover (I think a cover of sorts is important). I was able to put the carrier on the table in the train (luckily other passengers didn't mind) and then have the carrier on my lap on the tube. Chopped and whole fruit will provide moisture for the journey.

worrierqueenie

Registered
Hi
As long as you have a suitable travel cage with correct bar spacing and bird/birds have food and water in the traveller I can't see any issues. Probably easier than by car as you can have full attention on the bird at all times.
thank you so much for your advice - I now feel a lot better about this

worrierqueenie

Registered
:welcome: worrierqueenie! How exciting to be planning on buying a Caique! :biggrin:

I too have travelled by train with birds. The last time was picking up Kobe (Pionus - slightly bigger than a Caique) from Yorkshire and we travelled by train, then by tube back to my then London home. I had a backpack type carrier for Kobe which had its own cover (I think a cover of sorts is important). I was able to put the carrier on the table in the train (luckily other passengers didn't mind) and then have the carrier on my lap on the tube. Chopped and whole fruit will provide moisture for the journey.
thank you so much for that advice. It's good to know that someone else has made a similar journey.

I was thinking about trying one of the backpack carriers and thanks for telling me about the fruit. I now feel a lot more confident about this.

btw - you have some very lovely birds :D

Reactions: Roz
Top Bottom