Travel cage training

Scott199

So last night decided it was time to start training Bert to go in his travel cage, so i put it on the floor, door open and used his stick to entice him in, he normally will do almost anything for his stick.

So i open the door and lay down behind it kind of looking through the back.

he wanders, has a look in then goes around the side to get to me, i move back to the front, he goes round the other side, move to the back, he wanders around again.

We do this song and dance for about 10 minutes and he decides to cheat

Untitled by Wayne Scott, on Flickr

JackAndRob

"I don't know how it's supposed to work. I'll read the manual later".

Have you tried putting a treat in one of the bowls inside? Will he be tempted to go inside for that? He should be able to see it from the top. If the song and dance starts with him on the top, but ultimately ends up with him going inside, that's a win in my book :D

Scott199

"I don't know how it's supposed to work. I'll read the manual later".

Have you tried putting a treat in one of the bowls inside? Will he be tempted to go inside for that? He should be able to see it from the top. If the song and dance starts with him on the top, but ultimately ends up with him going inside, that's a win in my book :D
hi

na tried that loads as he stands on it in the window and i keep dropping treats in, to be honest this is the first real attempt at getting him inside, it'll take time but thats fine, just made me chuckle the he wondered round and round then just decided to climb up and cut middle man out.

Top Bottom