Toy suggestions.

Lauraj

Good evening all,

I have Bo my 12 month old CAG and i have hit a wall with what toys to get him.
He has a number of foraging toys attached to his cage, he now loves to unscrew these from the side of the cage rather than take the food out of them 😂
I make him home made foraging toys and these work for 5 minutes.

He also has a selection of perches, rope all different kinds of natural woods and ones for his nails and we try put something fun near each perch to encourage him to use them all.

Toy wise he has a selection but seems to love anything he can destroy, currently he has a number of wooden toys with all different shapes and pieces on them and a rope style swing which he hangs off. I have put the birds to bed but can get a photo of his current cage set up if needed.
He also loves his foot toys where he can unscrew things off them and has started to unscrew the foot toy bolt ones and drops the part before saying 'done, treat' ha.

My question to anybody with intelligent destructive parrots is do you have any suggestions with toys?
I tend to buy online and stick to the same style because i cannot see them and have bought before and they've come that small ive given them to my parrotlet haha.

I know he will destroy loads of toys and i don't mind getting them whenever needed just know you all will have bought some great toys and any sort of inspiration will be much appreciated!
Thank you!

CaptainHowdy

Have you tried the different foragers? Buffet Ball is one if the easiest for them to start on. Then you can get drawers they have to open certain ways, ones they have to move different parts in to drop the treats down.

Also colour sticks for colour training. And the stackers with the different shapes and colours. There's also the plastic boxes with the wooden shapes they have to put back in.

I also get a lot of baby/ young child toys as they test their intelligence aswell.

Lauraj

Have you tried the different foragers? Buffet Ball is one if the easiest for them to start on. Then you can get drawers they have to open certain ways, ones they have to move different parts in to drop the treats down.

Also colour sticks for colour training. And the stackers with the different shapes and colours. There's also the plastic boxes with the wooden shapes they have to put back in.

I also get a lot of baby/ young child toys as they test their intelligence aswell.
He has the buffet ball and he loves it, he also has the one which looks like a flower where you have to turn it for the food to fall out and you make it harder by moving the end up and down.
I will look at the harder foraging toys because he has lost interest in the easier ones the little devil!

The baby/young child toys are a great idea! Thank you.

Top Bottom