1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thursday 8th November

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its a fairly bright morning here and should stay like that most of the day. The wind is very light at the moment but gales are yet again forecast for tonight and very strong, perhaps up to 54mph all through tomorrow. I wonder what this one is called.

Both birds are quiet have had their brekkie and now chilling with both cages open.

I wont be hanging about today as Frankie has to go out and be fed and I have to be ready for the driver to get me to the hospital by shortly after 10.00. Then when I get home I want to make everything safe outside for the threatened gales of tonight and tomorrow.

Have a Great Thursday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning Nigel and all who follow
    Looks calm here for a change was heavy rain during the night and it's a crisp morning got a spot of blue sky peering through for a change.
    Toothache is doing my freaking head in... if anybody would like to offer it a new home you know where to find me! Hey ho could be worse but just so damned annoying
    Interesting bit of side line bird trivia the heaviest flying bird was a Kori Bustard male who weight in at 40lb back in 1936 :yikes:
    Oh and the fastest bird in level flight world record goes to a tagged grey albatross who hit speeds of 78.9mph which it sustained for almost 8 hours of flight heading to the breeding grounds.
    Right and after that spot of random information as you can guess sleep is evading me again :risas3:
    Whatever your up to today stay safe and warm x

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, Storm hit here yesterday none stop rain and strong winds that woken me 1245, had to get up and close windows. Lots of flooding all around too.
    @DizzyBlue phone your dentist and say you cannot put up with the tooth pain and you need to be seen as an emergency, I am pretty sure NHS dentist have to see you.

DizzyBlue likes this.
  4. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

My family and all their wisdom have decided to put in a new radiator today while im at work
    Seems to be drilling and sawing going on, the birds have to go into that room soon, its a large room, is light drilling and sawing safe? It probably wont be long, I havent got a clue, hes taking an old radiator off and putting a new one on... But needs to go out and buy the new radiator yet I think
    But hes drilling now and ive got birds upstairs

Someone put my mind at rest??

5. dianaT

I am sure they will be okay. Perhaps put some extra treats in for them?

6. Heather2131

@dianaT Im sure they wont be bothered by the things going on, im more worried about the flooring being cut and walls drilled into making dust or smells, I wont be here you see. Ive got to go soon so they have to go into their cages

I thought it would be a screw the radiator off and screw new one on type of job...

7. dianaT

Have you got a air purifier/filter thing you can leave on that may help.

8. Heather2131

Yeah I'll take that down
    Im hoping all the drilling and cutting is over now.
    Might be being over paranoid but dust in the air worries me

9. DizzyBlue

They are an NHS dentist but 11th December is the first opportunity they have to fit me in apparently. I have asked to be on the cancellation list but obviously there are other people on it too. :( going to ring around all the other dentist's I can to try and get in to one elsewhere

10. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

@DizzyBlue go to your GP. Then they can do a letter to get them to see you urgently even if the dentist is fully booked they will have to see you as a emergency as you are in pain. This happened to me but in the end it was my jaw that was causing the pain not my tooth. But as soon as they saw the letter they soon got me in.
    Also GP can give you some pain relief too x

Rain and dianaT like this.
  11. Heather2131

I had a great dentist, he was fantastic, total hippie, used to go to work in shorts and shirts rather than the proper dentist uniform and he was a great dentist, very sadly his son died at 21 and he retired shortly after and sold the practice to someone else, ive never been back yet and dont know whether to go to the one who took over or find a new dentist, my family have been back and dont think they are impressed

12. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

My dentist I'm with now is just fantastic. He works up the top floor of the dentist. He runs the practice. But he always moves room and comes down to see me. He is so gentle too. He knows my history so I feel relaxed when I see him. I would dread to think if he goes. I had one before him that everyone hated. Apparently he was very rude and inconsiderate. I loved him and cried when he left. He sorted my wisdom teeth out. He had to send me to hospital in the end for surgery because he couldn't do it, I was devastated. Never saw him again after that. He went to a different surgery that was miles away. I thought of going their even though it is a long way. But I am happy with my one. I just hate the ones that see you in emergency as they don't know you. But after the incident with the GP sending me to the dentist. I have had him even on emergency now which is great.

13. Rain

Rain Regular Member

@DizzyBlue Keep on at them and tell them how much pain you are in. As Jess said try the GP as well. Failing that - Oil of Oregano, on a cotton bud and put on your tooth - I promise you will feel nothing. Just keep away from the birds, as the smell is potent.

Got startled at just after 8 this morning by a huge bang on the front door. My daughter was there within about 20 seconds but nobody there, but the gate was swinging open. Pretty sure it was kids, on their way to school. Hope they don't start all that up again - as not long had the window fixed.

May have to move Ri back into the centre of the room, and just put up with things being out of place. Where he is now, is next to the window, as he likes to look out - but next door's cat keeps jumping onto the outside window sill and staring in at him, with her teeth chattering and licking her lips. It's made him jump a few times. Other times he just makes shooting noises at her. It's a pain though and I have to keep pulling the curtain across, which then defeats the object of him looking out of the window. She's always trying to get in, if I open the front door to anyone. And, I can't leave the back door open when I'm cooking, or else I find her wandering about the house. Obviously Ri is in his cage when doors are open, so he is safe - but I don't want him keep being jumpy. Plus I'm really allergic to cats and have to then disinfect where she's been. One cat hair and I'm wheezing, like Phil Mitchell after a marathon. She's very sweet and friendly - but she needs to learn that this is not an extension of her home.

Beautiful day here - bright blue skies and warm sun.
    Stay safe everyone. x

TomsMum likes this.
  14. dianaT

Rain if those youngster start doing that on your door at the same time daily dial 101 tell the police & request they send a PCSO along around that time. After all it is harassment.

Awful storm hit out all the power just back on but phones not working. More forecast. Poor Arthur he was terrified thunder & lightening right overhead & gone dark again now. So if you don't hear from me you know why.

TomsMum likes this.
  15. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Yeah, I will @dianaT . Hope the bad weather soon passes for you. x

dianaT likes this.
  16. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Not looking forward to the threatened winds of later. Dont know how the birds would be with a storm right overhead. In a mobile home like mine it can get wild at times.

17. Heather2131

The other day I realised there must be a snail in my room as I found a little snail trail on my desk... Today I found the culprit
    LRM_EXPORT_124524179683960_20181108_094627179-1752x2336.jpeg IMAG0260-1401x1868.jpg

How on earth did that get into my bedroom?? If that can get then I bet spiders can :emoji_confounded:

DizzyBlue likes this.
  18. DizzyBlue

Looks like a species of glass snail :) very beautiful

19. Heather2131

Omg so im sat on sofa watching tv and I hear a drip drip drip.... Last time that happened my mam was using the shower to clean the bath as its not been sealed in yet (3 years its never been sealed in) so it sometimes runs down the side
    So I open the door to a little room off the living room and its showering down on my arm, I turn the light on and water is pouring from the light fitting and ceiling
    Omg so I shout that the ceiling is leaking water badly, running around shutting the water mains off

Obviously something has gone wrong in the bathroom
    The bath has drained into the floor, the waste pipe has come off
    So theres a whole baths worth of water in room below now...

I didnt half get worried... I thought it was my fish tank haha

20. dianaT

Heather On Nooooo.