Thursday 8th August

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, all quiet on here so far this morning.
Hows it going down there in Cornwall @Yellowchickenparrot , I saw on the news the campers being turned away and those packing up, so sad some had travelled a long way spent their money on travel tickets etc etc, mostly young folk too. Very very disappointing.

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Good morning, yes there is lots of disruption and major traffic jams about. the weather down here can change in 10min I'm fairly sure not one Cornish person listens to the forecast as it's normally wrong but if the wind does come in it would be fairly dangerous on the cliff top with tents, stage, fair rides etc. Im in a bit of a bad mood today lol at least I'm honest

cazimodo

Evening everyone. Quiet day here today weather wise after stormy downpours yesterday. Looks like heavy, thundery showers for tomorrow again.

I spent the morning untangling a hank of yarn and then managed to suck it up into the hoover by mistake, undoing hours of work. Needless to say I wasn't too pleased with myself! [emoji849]

Grant is making us sausage pasta this evening. I taught him the recipe, but now he makes it better than me, so I leave him to it. Looking forward to dinner once the birds are in bed.

Have a lovely evening y'all!

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Michael Reynolds

Good evening all, well I went out very early this morning trying to locate the grey then had to come back home to release the chickens and feed the flock before meeting the owners of Ruby and carry on the search having Mo with me, no luck but so many folk now are keeping there eye out for her so on standby if she is spotted. my mechanic was here fixing my car so its nearly ready for MOT but the starter motor decided it did not want to work. So he will be ordering a new one. birds all fine but all that walking over the last two days carrying cage and bird and I just fell asleep for an hour or two. hoping there is not much of a weather problem tomorrow and all stay safe, I will be going out early tomorrow to have another look around no matter what the weather is like,

Ararajuba

Evening all (still afternoon here though, and the sun is blazing away).

Does anyone reading this happen to know how much it costs to have your piano tuned in the UK at present? I'm just curious to know how the prices might compare, as I would have hoped it would actually be cheaper here.

We just got quoted the equivalent of about £90 by the local tuner just for turning up and doing an "analysis" of what was needed, with any actual tuning and other work needed being on top of that (we know one key needs fixing, and a couple of others need minor adjustment; there had better not be anything else, though we suspect he intends to find as much as possible). This seems like it is going to be very expensive by the time he is finished, and he was also very evasive about how much his charges for the other services might be, so I suspect he wants to squeeze the equivalent of several hundred out of us by the time he is done, but he will be lucky. We only want to make it playable so that the wife can play it a bit herself and start teaching our eldest daughter soon (who is starting to get very interested in it), not hold Chopin and Rachmaninoff concerts in the house!

It hasn't been tuned or maintained for so long that it probably does need to be looked over by someone who knows what he is doing; I just don't like how much he is charging before he even starts work. Unfortunately we may be stuck with him as he appears to be the only proper piano tuner in the city at present, and this may be why he is charging so much, with no real competition. I am very tempted to watch him carefully if we also hire him for the actual work at his apparently exorbitant prices, so that I know how to do it myself in future! I'm pretty sure I can tune it myself with the right equipment and about four times as much patience as I have to use for tuning the harp every day, anyway, though fixing mechanical stuff is likely to prove more difficult.

Tonya

Good evening all, well I went out very early this morning trying to locate the grey then had to come back home to release the chickens and feed the flock before meeting the owners of Ruby and carry on the search having Mo with me, no luck but so many folk now are keeping there eye out for her so on standby if she is spotted. my mechanic was here fixing my car so its nearly ready for MOT but the starter motor decided it did not want to work. So he will be ordering a new one. birds all fine but all that walking over the last two days carrying cage and bird and I just fell asleep for an hour or two. hoping there is not much of a weather problem tomorrow and all stay safe, I will be going out early tomorrow to have another look around no matter what the weather is like,
I hope you find Ruby soon Micheal. She must be missing home as well.

Top Bottom