Thursday 7th November 2019

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning all
Well it's raining here not too bad at the moment there are weather warnings in place in the UK yesterday they were shown for today as yellow warnings be advised we also now have Amber warnings https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2019-11-07
Yellow warnings in place for peeps in places from Liverpool downwards to the top of Wales
Yellow warnings for those of us in the NE
Anybody in the Sheffield, Manchester, Wakefield and Huddersfield areas your in for a rough ride unfortunately your under Amber Alert. Those of you with outdoor dwelling animals take extra precautions to ensure they are and dry advise friends you have who may not have seen the warnings.
@CaptainHowdy @KEV H @Kendra @dianaT
Add to the above … flood warnings and alerts are also in place keep an eye on things like that if you have any water course near by, remember a blockage upstream or down stream from you can cause an issue for you as well https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/warnings
Whatever your up to today stay safe and dry peeps

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, typical of the bad weather, mind it always rains here these days. Our new recycling bins/bags and goodness knows what has begun with ours having to go out overnight tonight for early collection tomorrow, thing is the stupid bags given let the rain in and they tell us not to get the stuff wet. I suppose I will have to place umbrellas over them and stand there all night holding them:rain::umbrella-with-rain-drops_2614:

KateA

Morning
It tipped and tipped down the whole night here.
Went to doctors in the night as cough bad and chest felt and still feels it's gonna explode.
The birds are fine.
Have a good day all.

Beaky

Morning all, we have all the D's here in Stafford, , Damp, dull Depressing, Desperate, Devoid of any air flow and Definately not healthy.
We need some breeze to move the damp air, Stafford CC have now said they will implement garden waste charges from 2021 so a bit of time to prepare, We have two large compost bins and most stuff goes on these, the other stuff we can take to tip. I believe the CC charge would be cira £28 per annum which is fine provided they guarantee it will be recycled by them.
My cold has now gone off my chest and away. Hope your cold is soon gone @KateA its pretty aweful when it gets on the chest.
Stay dry and warm everyone and @dianaT don't forget your thermals when on night bin duty,..

bikergirl Carol

morning all. wet, wet and did i say wet!!!!!! had a bit of an adventure last night. woke up about 4.30 to hear scratching o_O we have had trouble with mouses so thought Oh b...er another one. i sat up in bed and put the torch thingy on my phone and waited.. something furry ran across the room. my eyes thought guinea pig:confundio1: but we dont have one??? then i realised it was Ernie our hamster. She had eaten her way out of her home. climbed the stairs and into our bedroom. i spent 5 minutes trying to catch her. then finding her old home to put her in until we can repair her other one.
I keep thinking that an hour before id gone to the toilet, i never put the light on so if she had been there i wouldnt have seen her, boy i would have got a fright if id touched her with my foot :eek:
safe day everyone x

Kendra

Well, we are ready for the bird room to be set up now. Oh!! can not find the ropes, had to order more, bet we find them now, we have metres of the things and when you need them? We now have to wait for the rope and something to heat the place, anyone any ideas please.?

Rather have trouble with mice than rats, only seen 2 so far but they are here, holes everywhere, if I had known this before I moved, guess who would not be living in Lincolnshire now? All over the county due to the waterways everywhere so I am informed so no point trapping and moving on.

Weather not bad, wet but not cold, we wait to see what will come......

KateA

Well, we are ready for the bird room to be set up now. Oh!! can not find the ropes, had to order more, bet we find them now, we have metres of the things and when you need them? We now have to wait for the rope and something to heat the place, anyone any ideas please.?

Rather have trouble with mice than rats, only seen 2 so far but they are here, holes everywhere, if I had known this before I moved, guess who would not be living in Lincolnshire now? All over the county due to the waterways everywhere so I am informed so no point trapping and moving on.

Weather not bad, wet but not cold, we wait to see what will come......
Wow. I'd love to have a bird room.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Flipping hammering it down with rain outside drains are starting to overflow so take it the autumn leaf droppage has bunged them up either that or the council has once again not cleaned them out this year
Sat here and all I can hear is a certain new guest stuffing its face in the bathroom what a racket! :bird_brain:
Will set up a pen in the spare bedroom and get him settled in there for the winter.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Chilly here, but a bright spell this afternoon gave me chance to clean the car (full of leaves and straw inside and muddy leaves on the outside). Dora sat in the car while I worked, and I let her out of her cage to sit on the steering wheel while for the few yards to get it back into place. Raining again now so that rinses it off OK. Hope your doctor agrees with the hot toddies @KateA 😄

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
only one other suggestion to go with the toddy they used to say your supposed to have a hot bath before it and then go to bed straight afterwards to sweat it out.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
WOW seen the news this morning and the flooding in Sheffield is like a river was plonked around Meadowhall!

Michael Reynolds

good evening all, been a bright and sunny day in Kent, did a lot of driving did not see a drop of rain. birds are all excited that I am back all though I came back twice between my visits. will be giving a late feed as I hope to be out early tomorrow. hope you start feeling better tomorrow Kate,

KateA

good evening all, been a bright and sunny day in Kent, did a lot of driving did not see a drop of rain. birds are all excited that I am back all though I came back twice between my visits. will be giving a late feed as I hope to be out early tomorrow. hope you start feeling better tomorrow Kate,
Hi.
I'm still coughing but it seems a tad easier.
Very disappointed with work.
The only thing boss was interested was when I'm going back. Never asked how I was feeling.
Made a point to remind me it's the second time I'm ill.
Next thing trying to push me that dentists are annoyed and want to know when I'm in. They have no staff cos the way they treat ppl.
Staffing issues have nouts to do with me.
I gave m notice week ago as it gotten unbearable.
I can walk away anytime.
I offered them that id stay till end of this month, which I will as stick to my word, but this is what I get.
I'm disappointed really.

KateA

Hi.
I'm still coughing but it seems a tad easier.
Very disappointed with work.
The only thing boss was interested was when I'm going back. Never asked how I was feeling.
Made a point to remind me it's the second time I'm ill.
Next thing trying to push me that dentists are annoyed and want to know when I'm in. They have no staff cos the way they treat ppl.
Staffing issues have nouts to do with me.
I gave m notice week ago as it gotten unbearable.
I can walk away anytime.
I offered them that id stay till end of this month, which I will as stick to my word, but this is what I get.
I'm disappointed really.
I cannot cough at patients, not the fits I get.
This is making me sad.

Top Bottom