Thursday 2nd January 2020

Michael Reynolds

Good morning every one, I thought I will type the year in as its the first time I have used it. well a sad start to the day my thoughts are with LouLouuk and her family. well the snow flurry we had yesterday did not last to long and did not settle. its dry clear and cloudy at the moment. will be going to let the chickens out soon , my flock are in fine voice, have hospital tomorrow, I hope you will have a good day as things get back to normal

KateA

Good morning all.
It was an early rise for us this morning as had to see the travel nurse for pre-holiday jabs.
Both got one in each arm. Were recommended not to go to gym as aparently it's not adviced to exercise on one of the vaccines.
Gotta go to shops and market to get more veg as need it for my later creation I'm gonna cook. Finished all Xmas food so now onto our favourite, Asian food.
Both boys are doing fine. Cash is on settee with me, busy chicken scratching.
Also with this post is included a fine demolition design by Bobbie from last night.Screenshot_20200102-092615.jpg

KateA

Ok so you have some confetti in your room, I hope the wedding went well Ha Ha
Rob let him create that last night. I was in bed. It was aparently too late to clean up.
When I walked in to say hi to them this morning my first word was sh.. 😂😅🙃

KateA

What surprises me more is that the remote controls still look intact
Trust me they were hidden for as long as Bobbie was in action. Those things are targeted by both. After loosing a few buttons they are out of bounds
the other day Cash went on robs desk and pinched a flash card. Rob just caught him carrying it in his beak away from the table. He was sneaking it away for a delayed dismantle session later.

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, a chaotic bedtime here last night with grandsons arguing with their mum over using their phones/tablets in bed, gone 11.30pm they were snooping up & down the stairs with torches looking for where she'd hidden them. I think hubby will disconnect their internet access.

Michael Reynolds

Oh solid wood doors, all the better for birds to chew on Ha Ha. you can get bird safe paints Scott. good luck with the decorating, it wont take long to be well spotted Ha Ha

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Hello all, an early start here too as hubby left at 6am to go back to the UK after 2 months, but hopefully this will be the last time as he is just packing up the technical and garage things before the removal people come in a few weeks. Im hoping that the New Year will find a buyer for my friend who is going to buy our house and then we can decamp properly. Dora knew something was up and is missing him, being very demanding and I've suffered a few good nips this morning, but she has settled now while I type, has tucked into her dinner and even ate half a Nutriberry (1st time for everything - shes been ignoring them for months). Its actually a lovely day so we can go outside this afternoon.

Hope the jabs arent too sore @KateA - I remember having had a hepatitis jab pre travel and then (as I didnt drive) cycling 10 miles to work and then cycling back against the wind on the evening of the 1987 hurricane - certainly got the fluids into the system.
Well done @Scott199 - likewise re DIY and I never intend to decorate again here (except the pomegranate splashes that can be touched up).
And hope tomorrows appointment goes well @Michael Reynolds - you will be able to do that journey in your sleep soon!

KateA

Hello all, an early start here too as hubby left at 6am to go back to the UK after 2 months, but hopefully this will be the last time as he is just packing up the technical and garage things before the removal people come in a few weeks. Im hoping that the New Year will find a buyer for my friend who is going to buy our house and then we can decamp properly. Dora knew something was up and is missing him, being very demanding and I've suffered a few good nips this morning, but she has settled now while I type, has tucked into her dinner and even ate half a Nutriberry (1st time for everything - shes been ignoring them for months). Its actually a lovely day so we can go outside this afternoon.

Hope the jabs arent too sore @KateA - I remember having had a hepatitis jab pre travel and then (as I didnt drive) cycling 10 miles to work and then cycling back against the wind on the evening of the 1987 hurricane - certainly got the fluids into the system.
Well done @Scott199 - likewise re DIY and I never intend to decorate again here (except the pomegranate splashes that can be touched up).
And hope tomorrows appointment goes well @Michael Reynolds - you will be able to do that journey in your sleep soon!
I didn't feel a thing until about two hours after. My right arm had hep A combined with something else. It aches now, but not terrible.
My left arm had tetanus and I can feel it too now. Rob had the same. I'm affraid no housework for us today. 😅😂

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

I didn't feel a thing until about two hours after. My right arm had hep A combined with something else. It aches now, but not terrible.
My left arm had tetanus and I can feel it too now. Rob had the same. I'm affraid no housework for us today. 😅😂
Hope you are going somewhere nice to be worth it!

Ararajuba

Evening all in case anyone is still around!

I haven't been around here much as we have both had a bad tummy bug since just after Christmas. We think it might be something like Salmonella or E coli from the symptoms, but luckily babies haven't caught it. Getting better now but wife still has some symptoms. I was doing nearly everything myself for several days as she couldn't get out of bed, while feeling pretty rough myself. MIL is now absolutely banned from bringing us dodgy takeaways we don't want, and about time too.

I didn't have a particularly happy New Year either as I managed to drop a sofa on my foot yesterday. I was putting the cover back on prior to the in-laws' impending visit (sofa covers always remove themselves in this house), and it was stuck to the floor for some reason (possibly something spilled there) then came loose with a sudden jerk that made it slip from my hands.

The toe on which it landed isn't actually broken, which is more than can be said for the frame of the sofa, which is apparently made of recycled cardboard and cracked most of the way through from the impact (it now opens up alarmingly when someone sits on that end as though about to give way completely). Nice and purple and swollen though, and the nail is all broken up, which makes it extremely difficult to put shoes and socks on, due to it being very tender when anything touches it, and the risk of it getting caught and ripping the whole thing off. This meant I could only wear flip-flops last night, and it has started to rain again, and I have lots of stuff to do outside (not least preparing some wood to fix the sofa with before it breaks even more!)

Today it was less painful, and we had the bright idea of putting nail varnish on it for reinforcement, so Mrs A asked her mother to bring some (I couldn't really walk outside in the rain, and wife is apparently the only woman in Brazil without a large supply of nail products in her home, the ladies being addicted to painting their nails here) and has been applying it at intervals throughout the day to try to build up a nice thick layer. Her mother asked if we wanted some nice hot pink varnish, of which she had plenty as she rarely bothers putting any on herself. No thanks, clear please!

Last edited:
Top Bottom