Thursday 28th November

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning
Hope everyone is plodding along okay.
Have been wondering how our Michael Reynolds is, as far as we know he was having his op yesterday. I hope all went well also that his flock are being well looked after,
Off for hospital appointment myself this morning and fingers crossed I can find a parking space.
I managed to get some Christmas pressies wrapped yesterday, Arthur dog was very excited - he seems to recognise wrapping paper and yes a couple of the gifts wrapped are for him and Max, they are well hidden out of reach now.
Needless to say it is raining down here.

JackAndRob

Dry in Worcestershire this morning, but according to the forecast, normal service will resume this afternoon. With the continuous wet weather I seem to have had a cough for the last two months or so and I cannot shift it.

Birds fed, watered and fussed. Stock check, food ordered from Scarletts, then supermarket later for greens and fruit. Life in the fast mundane lane!

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Morning guys, birds are having egg this morning which is keeping them quiet. I'm just filling my Amazon basket ready to see if anything comes on offer 2mro. I'm not looking forward to lugging all the xmas decorations out the attic and spending hours setting up my wife's million outside lights. It was this time last year I had my first ever panic attack, luckily I haven't had another one but I am on some tablets which do help. There are two old guys at my model engineering club who have no one to spend xmas with, no family who are close and no partners so I'm going to invite them round for xmas dinner. They will probably say no as they are both a bit old and stuck in their ways but it made me sad when one guy said he was hoping his son and his family would come down this year as the last time was 6 years ago, he said hes feeling old and doesn't think he will be around next year :×( I told wifey this and she said they must come to ours. I checked on the old lady down the road who was freezing last xmas as her heating broke years ago but she didn't have any money to fix it, her son is in oz but transfers her money every month and rings all the time now she is so grateful for my help in contacting him last year. Hope everyone is doing ok and I hope Michael is ok

Kendra

Utterly depressing weather here, dark, wet, horrid.

Sat here, reading Diana's post when a fairly loud, hollow "What A Boy" erupted in my left working ear, Dusky!. Now where was he? How he had found his way in here I have no idea, had been held up outside in the cold rain by my builder telling me about his car MOT's over the years, interesting I am sure. Dusky working away at a box, saying his "What a Boy" over and over again, I taught him that but he misses out the Clever (boy), he must not like that word.

Another cage to haul out and wash in this? needs must though.

dianaT

Staff member
Yaay am discharged from hospital providing I stick to low fat diet all should be okay, my decision as was offered either that or an op! Also Pancreatic cyst has not grown in 9yrs Phew! So another good reason to deny the op as they are so close together don't want to stir things up.

Michael Reynolds

Hi all just a short post Tuesday they wanted me in had my pre opps, Wednesday I went to theatre around 11,00 after a four and a half hour I came out of my sleep, I felt fine and well alert. I did not sleep the Tuesday night I just had one of my bad insomnia days. well I was my cheeky self and kept them all laughing in the ward. after I awoke from the opp the nurses refused me to walk on my own they wheeled me back in the ward but I insisted I need to go toilet, well they kept hold of me while we walked there, I had no problems at all they was surprised just how alert I was; well we had a few new patients come to the ward and I was keeping them happy. . helping some of them that had other problems , I think the nurses had enough of my cheeky ways was able to eat within minutes from coming back from the operation. . they thought I may have to stay until Sunday but I proved that I was fine I never slept the following night either rand in fact I never went to bed i was like hyper with so much energy. two nights a with out sleeping and up all day joking and helping others, Well I think they wanted some peace on the wards so they got me out as soon as they could. so I am back with the flock at home no nose op to my face jaw and lip. back next week

dianaT

Staff member
So pleased to hear from you Michael, good to hear your spirits were up and you may others stay a bit easier for them.
best not to try doing too much though now you are home, look after yourself. x

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Gosh @Michael Reynolds you must be a star patient, and must also have a lot of inner strength! Really pleased to hear all is going well so far.
Good news for you too @dianaT, keep on keeping well, but @JackAndRob do look after that cough!

Well done @Yellowchickenparrot - have done similar at Christmas when I found elderly on their own - I have had several long term friendships that started that way and sometimes the stories people tell are amazing!

A busy day here trying to pack up boxes and arrange removal for the New Year, but Brexit has its tentacles in there too and it aint going to be as easy as it used to be!

KateA

Hi all just a short post Tuesday they wanted me in had my pre opps, Wednesday I went to theatre around 11,00 after a four and a half hour I came out of my sleep, I felt fine and well alert. I did not sleep the Tuesday night I just had one of my bad insomnia days. well I was my cheeky self and kept them all laughing in the ward. after I awoke from the opp the nurses refused me to walk on my own they wheeled me back in the ward but I insisted I need to go toilet, well they kept hold of me while we walked there, I had no problems at all they was surprised just how alert I was; well we had a few new patients come to the ward and I was keeping them happy. . helping some of them that had other problems , I think the nurses had enough of my cheeky ways was able to eat within minutes from coming back from the operation. . they thought I may have to stay until Sunday but I proved that I was fine I never slept the following night either rand in fact I never went to bed i was like hyper with so much energy. two nights a with out sleeping and up all day joking and helping others, Well I think they wanted some peace on the wards so they got me out as soon as they could. so I am back with the flock at home no nose op to my face jaw and lip. back next week
All here been thinking of u all day. Glad ure home. Yr stamina is remarkable. It's great the hospital staff u met Are amazing. What did they do in those 4 hours?
U probably cannot sleep as have adrenalin pumping round and u slept on the table. Xxx

Top Bottom