Thursday 27th June

dianaT

Staff member
A sad end to the day yesterday. Daughter was driving to supermarket in the evening and saw a cat run under the car in front of her, nothing the driver could do, its back wheel got it. So she & he stopped poor cat was obviously in pain, the chap was besides himself. He had children in the car who were distressed so daughter told him to go on home she would sort it out. She wrapped poor puss cat in a towel, another driver stopped & told her where nearest emergency vet was, so rang them and within 15mins the lovely vet had arrived, but little puss cat died while daughter was cuddling it. The kindly vet took it in and it was an un-neutered young Tom, no microchip. So vet will keep it for a week them it will get cremated. Not charge at all to daughter.
Anyway it is on local FB page just in case someone recognises it and wonder where their dear little cat is.

On a brighter note the school sports day went well and it was not too sunny but very warm.
So last day at our local school for grandsons today (youngest one does not want to leave there) - 8 weeks they have been here and off home Saturday.....until all coming back for their hols in August.
Well, I hope you can all find a way of keeping cool over the next few days.

cazimodo

Morning everyone. Such a shame @dianaT. I can imagine the driver's distress too. My sister accidentally backed over our kitten and killed it when she was staying with my ex and I for a while in SA. She was traumatised for years afterwards.

Sunny and bright here this morning so the planned braai looks on for later. Grant managed to spend a couple of hours outside with the birds yesterday evening too.

Didn't stop Ziggy snipping mind you. She's started on the flight feathers unfortunately. Had her out in the living room with me last night and she's all loving and wanting cuddles, actually calm for Ziggy, but still barbering herself at every opportunity. She's a conundrum.

Have a lovely day y'all, and stay cool

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and Cazimodo plus all that follow, i think its going to get quite warm as the day goes on and i hope it will not grt to uncomfortable for thoughs unwell, birds have been singing and flying a lot and all seem happy. Poor cat, that was so nice of your Daughter to help, sleep in peace little one. hoping Rob will find his Jardine Jack today, its so worrying when a members parrot goes missing, i have every thing crossed for you @JackAndRob. I wonder if it may be worth getting a coller to stop Ziggy damaging her feathers, normally i do not like to use them but if it can stop her from making it into a habbit then its far better to use one now than later. have a good day,

cazimodo

I wonder if it may be worth getting a coller to stop Ziggy damaging her feathers, normally i do not like to use them but if it can stop her from making it into a habbit then its far better to use one now than later. have a good day,
I've been starting to think about something like that myself Michael. I'm going to try to keep her distracted as much as I can today (she's out of the cage now) and keep her busy doing other things. If that doesn't seem to work then I need to look at other options.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Michael Reynolds

I would hate it to become a habbit, if the desire and abillity to pluck or nip feathers is stopprd now you will have a better chance of changing her ways, to me acting after the habbit is developed normally is not sucsessful, i have often thought about this with birds i have looked after and decided that if i noticed any bird that i took on shows any sign that it over preens it will be the action i will take. so far i have not had to put a coller on and the only plucker i have is my grey Holly but it had already become a habit with her.

Michael Reynolds

I have been out most of the day, got back and the birds all got excited and i went around to each og them, Molly put her head down and it was one of them strange moments that she wanted a head scratch, as i walked away she then flew on to me (first time ever) and stayed on mr for about half an hour while i was putting things away in the cupboard. I took her over to Reggie and said step up, she steped up on the cage and then turned arounf and put her head down for more scatches. She has trusted me for some time now but as far as i was told by her previous keeper, she is not a bird that likes closeness to humans and never been handled and wont step up. she normally walks every ware but will fly if she has to. before i went out i was giving all the bird pea pods, Mplly dropped hers so i picked it up she got my finger but not biting just holding it, i thought that was unusuel for her, she has alway acepted food and the very occational scratch but most times she will step away from my hand if it gets too close.

sadia mohammad

Registered
Hello, i need help . I found a little bird outside my house , it was stuck in some kind of glue ....i brought it home , and try to take the stuffy stuff off with water , but it seems stuck on his feathers.....?I need some one advice urgent please...!!!!!

Stinkie

Staff member
Hello, i need help . I found a little bird outside my house , it was stuck in some kind of glue ....i brought it home , and try to take the stuffy stuff off with water , but it seems stuck on his feathers.....?I need some one advice urgent please...!!!!!
You have to use oil

Edit: NOT avocado oil!

dianaT

Staff member
I know when the birds get caught in oil slicks they are cleaned with a washing up liquid, it takes time and will not come off all in one go.
What type of bird is it? Do you have a wild life centre not too far away, or you perhaps could phone one for advice or even ask a vet?

Top Bottom