Thursday 25th June

Michael Reynolds

Good morning all, a sunny start to the day, Sad news that Molly was put to sleep at ten am this morning and I will pick her up tomorrow to lay her down with her chick. just trying to keep positive and my mind occupied, its I sunny start and looks like a very hot day ahead keep safe every one, Oliver has been on full attacking mode these last few days and will even try to search me out so he can give me a bite. he has been quite unpredictable loving one minute and then I can see the change all of a sudden well keep safe every one please

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Sorry to hear about Molly, a sad day indeed. And i hope you manage to dodge the biting Oliver!
Very hot here but more breeze than yesterday so more comfortable for everyone, and like the UK we have stormy weather predicted for the next few days. We cycled out to a nearby village this morning, home of Alice Barratt who worked in the resistance. There was a full description of exactly what she did but i have taken a photo to read it at my leisure.
I brought back lavender and mint for Dora and some new pine cones, the little one was ok, but she fpund the big pine cone really scary and flew off to the other end of the house!
Take care folks

Attachments

Kendra

Hope everyone is keeping well and the new surge in the virus does not affect anyone here, it is sure to come with the way people are behaving.

Terribly hot here, hopefully the storms will cool things down, hot weather just does not suit me and I hear there has been a lot of trouble at some beaches,

Birds all quiet, think they will be pleased when it cools. Found George (ancient amazon) chewing away at the backing to his cage. I am so pleased, he has been with me going on for 4 years and now he is showing his chewing skills, excellent, never too old to learn, it is only cardboard.

Lucy sits on her swing, the closer Chorley is the wider she swings, side to side not back and front, she likes to knock him off his perch. He tried my hair tie again this morning but just could not manage it.

Tonifrax

Sunny day here in Scotland (not a common phrase that😂). Was out most of this morning shopping, mostly for my next batch of chop. Put the new UV light up for my Parrotlets although theyve been out since i got back flying around the living room and napping on the curtains again. Nice to sit down and chill after being on my feet all day. Finally got around to starting to kill a mockingbird. Will be informing the rescue centre that id like to go ahead with my homecheck so fingers crossed that goes well 🤞🏻

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this lovely weather.

I'm sorry to hear of Molly's passing @Michael Reynolds.

Tonifrax

@Tonifrax I lived on he west coast and we always had sunny, hot springs and early summers, they told me Scotland was cold, untrue.
I'm in Aberdeenshire. We have been getting some very lovely summers to be fair and haven't had a proper snowy winter in years now. Its a Scottish tradition to moan about the weather, passed down through generations... had to get it in somehow 😆

KateA

Good morning all, a sunny start to the day, Sad news that Molly was put to sleep at ten am this morning and I will pick her up tomorrow to lay her down with her chick. just trying to keep positive and my mind occupied, its I sunny start and looks like a very hot day ahead keep safe every one, Oliver has been on full attacking mode these last few days and will even try to search me out so he can give me a bite. he has been quite unpredictable loving one minute and then I can see the change all of a sudden well keep safe every one please
We are sorry to hear yr sad news. Sending hugs from all of us. 😢

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

I'm in Aberdeenshire. We have been getting some very lovely summers to be fair and haven't had a proper snowy winter in years now. Its a Scottish tradition to moan about the weather, passed down through generations... had to get it in somehow 😆
I spent part of my chidhood in Aberdeenshire (Peterhead and Cruden Bay) and do remember some hot summers.

JackAndRob

Staff member
We went on an 8-day tour in October, 2015. York - Fort William - Inverness - Edinburgh - Liverpool. It was about 1100 miles in total.

From York to Fort William, once we'd crossed the English/Scottish border, the scenery was epic. My wife didn't believe that Loch Lomond was a lake (albeit the largest by surface area in the UK) as we had been skirting it for ages. She thought it was the sea. We traveled along the road that follows the Caledonian Canal to Inverness, stopping in at Urquhart Castle, got sunburned. People told us that the weather had been awful just before we arrived and Summer had been terrible. There was a nip in the air, but the sun shone for the entire trip.

We went into the Jorvik (Viking) Centre whilst in York. Sadly, it was flooded out later that year.

Top Bottom