Thursday 21st November 2019

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning all
Clear and crisp over here this morning birdies wide awake and very loud this morning!
Tuppy keeps yelling BOOOO then shhhhh not so loud :bird_brain:

Only thing as such to report is the following ….
Tappatalk is having a spot of a meltdown and causing software issues for the forum so at some point today it will probably get switched off as its being a flipping pest!
Anybody using tappatalk can access the forum via their mobile browser instead and the forum works fine that way.
Did a thread in Technical sector but just in case some of you don't see it ….. any issues hit the contact us at the bottom right of the forum screens and let us know
https://theparrotclub.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/tappatalk-users.37240/

Whatever your up to today stay safe and warm peeps

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
@Charlie4ever sorry to hear your little one is unwell sending healing thoughts
Did you read my thing about tapatalk? not that you get issues coming on to forum if you need us but we are likely to be switching it off so to get here will have to be via your mobile phone browser and login that way.

cazimodo

Morning folks. Hope you are all doing well. Finally got a little break from this crazy project I'm working on. All is currently calm, but if the last couple of weeks are anything to go by, it could all kick off into madness at any time again 🙂

After five months of waiting I eventually got to see the rhemeutologist last week who told me that I was miraculous cured of Lupus by never having had it in the first place! Apparently the test that came back positive, even though it says Lupus on it, is the "wrong type" of test, so I was misdiagnosed. They have now given me a two for the price of one offer and diagnosed me with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and hEDS. The second one is a fairly rare genetic hingmy that affects the connective tissue throughout the body. But who knows really since apparently medical science isn't really all that scientific? 😛

Countess Pluckula is still at it. She's started in on her wings now, so not sure how much longer she's going to be able to fly. Nothing we do makes the slightest bit of difference. It's an all consuming obsession with her. Between plucking sessions she'll sit and beak crunch happy as they come though. It's mostly the bites poor Frodo and I get when I have them out and she hurts herself that are annoying to all concerned. We're just going to have to resign ourselves to the fact she isn't going to change.

I'm going to crochet myself a pair of gloves today. I made some for Grant last week and they turned out really well. I think I'll do mine with little slits in the fingers though, so I can still crochet with gloves on if I need to. And speaking of crochet, I have put a free pattern up on my website for little Santa and snowman treat baskets if anyone fancies making some for Christmas. Just use the code provided at the checkout. No payment details required.

Have a good day y'all.

Michael Reynolds

Good afternoon all, its been dry today but cloudy, flock all calling for my attention again. well I have been at the hospital from before ten this morning. a final consultant with my surgeon. I then had to have photos taken of my nose at all angels. After that I had to go and get I mold done of my nose. they also managed to get the pre op done today and more tests taken. I am back there on Tuesday and having the nose and part of my lip, possible part of the jaw and may be part of the cheek removed, the operation is booked for Wednesday 27th so I may be missing for a few days, then it is back and fourth to the hospital and after three to eight weeks the reconstruction will start.

dianaT

Staff member
Well Michael that is good you have a date for treatment to begin. We shall be thinking of you and will look forward to hearing from you after then when you are able . Needless to say hope all goes well for you.

Michael Reynolds

@Charlie4ever I wish your little starts to improve soon. @cazimodo I hope they have a way of improving your condition. how will it affect you? Thank you Diana yes I am pleased I have a date now. I think I will be glade to get this whole affair out the way, it will be strange to get the new nose within three to eight weeks time and having to remove it and then glue it back on in the morning. they have not ruled out other treatment like radio therapy yet

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

So, hopefully that is good news @cazimodo although doesn't help how you actually feel! You are an mystery just like your birdie.
Interesting path for you @Michael Reynolds - you will be asking for advice on concealer creams etc I reckon.
@Charlie4ever I do hope your birdie gets well soon, healing thoughts.
Just back from the 97th birthday meal, very good company and a lovely time had by all.
Keep positive everyone.

KateA

Cash chose to watch.tv from the floor. Had a walk to the kitchen and back. Now on floor throwing bombs and watching TV

cazimodo

@cazimodo I hope they have a way of improving your condition. how will it affect you?
Pain mostly Michael. I went into the office a week ago and by the end of the day I was hobbling around like a 90 year old just because I couldn't get my feet up to rest. It also affects digestion and in extreme cases the organs causing prolapses and such, hopefully I'm not that bad. They are going to arrange physio to help strengthen the muscles and joints, but apart from that it will just be daily management of pain and fatigue.

Top Bottom