Thursday 18th June

JackAndRob

Staff member
Morning all,

Thunder and lightning overnight. Whenever I see/hear it, ELO's "Concerto For A Rainy Day" from the 1977 album "Out Of The Blue" always comes into my head. It was the entire side 3 of the double album.

Jardine Jessie went through a bitey phase a few days ago. She was persistently, and quite aggressively, trying to take my glasses off my face too, but she now appears to gone to the opposite end of the scale and is super-cuddly. We had a mad hour yesterday evening, while we played with her toys on a table and play-fought. For the last three mornings, rushing out of her cage and asking for lots of head scratches. I could see a lot of pins, which probably explains some of it. I try to get them, but she is such a wriggler!

Michael Reynolds

Good morning JackAndRob plus all that follow, a wet start in Kent, birds a little quiet today having just typed that the gang have just started there chasing game. I have nothing planned for today apart from finishing the cages I started two days ago. going to set up two other cages for the smaller flock members to sleep in if they want. have a good day every one and stay safe x

Eddie

Hello everyone! Lots of rain here so happy garden and happy chickens as no doubt there will be lots of worms about! Makes me feel quite ill when they fight over one... now slugs... happy for them to be pulled apart as they are forever munching on my plants! Eddie doesn’t seem to want to play with any toys that I have bought for her and instead is intent on sticking her head between the door and the intergrated dishwasher... we try to stop her by putting various other items there and she STILL manages to get in 🤦‍♀️. We have had lots of time out in the garden on nice days in her travel cage.. wish we had an outdoor aviary.. perhaps once the chickens have gone xx

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

We are in a pattern of thunder, lashing rain and then sun all within 30 mins, repeat, repeat. but apparently tomorrow and the weekend will be better with more summery weather on its way. Lots of worms here too and weve been watching a pair of blackbirds who are obviously feeding a family.

The eye drops seem to be having a beneficial effect with Pips who is being very good at having her eyes washed and the drops put in (rewarded with a few mealworms).
I have taken delivery of and built up a flat pack sewing table / cupboard for my little workroom - really pleased with it. So now I need to rearrange some things to make best use of space and I will have somewhere to store the machine, threads etc that is the right height to work at, has a fold out top to give more working space and Dora can sit with me (or climb inside it) while I sew.

JessCheekyMia

Hello all, there is this man on Facebook that wants to friend me and I do not have a clue who the hell he is!!! He looks like a pilot in a photo, studied in Germany and now lives in Edinburgh :thinking:. Until I work out who he is I am not accepting friend request. This is why I love this forum instead of other social media because I feel safer on here.
I have a family member from Edinburgh but she passed away a few years ago. I loved her, she was the only person I would take my medicine for lol. Probably because she gave me sweets to take the taste away.
I also have my Nan's family in Germany but I can't see them requesting me as I have never met them in person.
Oh well I will have a think and most probably decline lol. Just like I did with a footballer that I didn't know :risas3:. Roy say's decline if I'm not sure.

AMD

Hello all, there is this man on Facebook that wants to friend me and I do not have a clue who the hell he is!!! He looks like a pilot in a photo, studied in Germany and now lives in Edinburgh :thinking:. Until I work out who he is I am not accepting friend request. This is why I love this forum instead of other social media because I feel safer on here.
I have a family member from Edinburgh but she passed away a few years ago. I loved her, she was the only person I would take my medicine for lol. Probably because she gave me sweets to take the taste away.
I also have my Nan's family in Germany but I can't see them requesting me as I have never met them in person.
Oh well I will have a think and most probably decline lol. Just like I did with a footballer that I didn't know :risas3:. Roy say's decline if I'm not sure.
i would agree

JessCheekyMia

I was in the lounge and heard a bang on the window. Called Roy in as it was a emergency (I didn't want to look out the window just in case it was that man). Seriously I should stop watching horror movies as it was just a bird in the window bird box 😂.
Update on weird guy on facebook he has been declined and blocked lol.
I took off my profile photo with me and Bernie so people can't see my babies until I say we are friends for security. I might take me off my profile pic, that way people can't see me :watchout:. I am just being silly xx

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

@JessCheekyMia I dont have my photo on facebook either, i think my profile picture is one of those silhouettes ...looks like me anyway 😄with flicky up hair.
I dont accept or send friend requests unless I know them personally, like you l tend to mistrust people.

Kendra

@JessCheekyMia I often get requests for friends on FB and turn most of them down, especially from men. My profile pic is a duck, so no idea what they think is at the end of the messages.

Dusky Grey managed to chew all the seal on the new washer, we had only had it a week, now he has started on the plastic/UVPC external door (leads to the aviary). @Eddie

Hopeful

Lots of worms here too and weve been watching a pair of blackbirds who are obviously feeding a family.
My mum has been feeding a Blackbird for a couple of years now with little bits of sultana. He comes when she calls and rattles the tub she keeps them in. Last year the fledglings came with him. This year he has got rather bold

Attachments

Hopeful

@Kendra yes he comes in winter, but he went missing for a little while last year. Someone told Mum he had probably gone to moult, she was a bit sceptical but when he returned he looked a bit like an explosion in a mattress factory, he hadn’t quite tamed his new tresses 😂😂😂 never thought about wild birds moulting but they must all have to!

Top Bottom