Thursday 12th September

Beaky

Morning all you good folks. Calm, mild and overcast with no sign of rain in Stafford today. Have decided to trim the hedges today so am up and about getting stuff ready. Tarpaulin on the gravel areas so we can pick the trimmings up easily, ladder, gloves, bin bags, hedge trimmer fueled up with extra made up spare two stroke, brush and lawn rake, and belt to save my back. Am tired already lol and havn't started yet Still frustrated by my Text editor not working properly, gonna take it out on the hedge !
Hope Robin doesn't get too scared, Then a trip to the tip with all the bags later, I want to make a start right now but it is a bit early and neighbours will not be appreciative.
I will get some porridge and try to control my impatience.
Have a great day all, cheers

Michael Reynolds

Good Morning Beaky and Diana, birds out side was singing way before it started getting light that got a few of the flock joining in, yrs they are all calling well with so many different sounds, out most of the day today, I will have to make up for my absence when I get back or my birds will think I do not love them, I do hope you all have a good day, I hope your friendly robin has not made a nest in your hedge Beaky

JackAndRob

Morning all.

Worcestershire weather - typical for the season. West Midlands weather - about the same.

Had to come into the office this morning for a company-wide broadcast from our esteemed CEO. I am sure that it will be incredibly interesting and very relevant to my role within the company. Now, what was his name again ... ? Ooh, it opens with free drinks and biscuits! Pedal to the metal after the biscuits, er, broadcast. Birdy twitterings are much easier on the ears than anything that senior management can produce.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Good morning everybody, and thank you for the birthday greetings on Monday.
It has been a very busy time with visiting friends and doing my scything course over the weekend, then family gathering on Monday, pack up the car (Stuffed to the gunnels) on Tuesday and a quick clear up before driving back home yesterday. Dora is in fine fettle and she has been telling me all that has happened over the last month, she seems to take everything in her stride and has become more independent - ie the whole house is just hers to do what she wants! .... I cant believe I have been away that long but its SO good to be back.
Will catch up on recent posts soon, but healing thoughts to anyone and anybird who is unwell, or suffering and have a good day to everybody.

Beaky

Hedge done and Robin has been on the fence watching us clean up, hopefully its a bit late in season for them to be nesting but i did share Michael's concern.
Have been up to the tip with all we could get in the estate car, the rest will go into the brown bin later when it gets emptied, the bin men come about 5pm.
looks like a very pleasant weekend, my dau is going to do the 5k run with me tomorrow , a bit of family rivalry coming up he he. I have warned her that her allowance stops if she beats me, other than that its a level playing field !!!

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Drive drive drive that's my day, heading to my wife's brothers wedding in Croatia. Got a week there in a villa with wifey and kids. Everyone else is in hotel but we were not paying £211 a night for a small room with two young kids errr no thanks. Apparently there is a rabbit sanctuary just behind our Villa and we can go cuddle the rabbits, sounds good to me. Hope everyone is ok chat later

KateA

Good morning everybody, and thank you for the birthday greetings on Monday.
It has been a very busy time with visiting friends and doing my scything course over the weekend, then family gathering on Monday, pack up the car (Stuffed to the gunnels) on Tuesday and a quick clear up before driving back home yesterday. Dora is in fine fettle and she has been telling me all that has happened over the last month, she seems to take everything in her stride and has become more independent - ie the whole house is just hers to do what she wants! .... I cant believe I have been away that long but its SO good to be back.
Will catch up on recent posts soon, but healing thoughts to anyone and anybird who is unwell, or suffering and have a good day to everybody.
Sorry I missed out on wishing u happy bday

Top Bottom