1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thursday 12th October

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its a calm morning here but again, a little chilly and dry. One of the advantages of living in a caravan is it does not take much electric to heat the place up. I have it well insulated and even did my own isulation underneath. I do have C/H here but far prefer electric rads. Pity I cant have a wood burner but too risky with the birds here.

Both of them are sleeping and Nacho looks nigh on normal regarding his weight now. Perhaps it was just him wanting a female partner. I could always get a female to put in the cage if they get on but I gave my word to the person he came from that would never happen and of course i'll stick by that.

Growth of weeds has slowed down a lot now but there are still new ones popping up here and there so I intend having one more big de-weeding session this year, perhaps mid November. My Spag Bol came out nice and and is all in various containers in the fridge. I have a big cupboard to clear out later. It will be like christmas time for me as whenever I have one of my clearouts I am always finding things I have forgotten about.

Have a Great Thursday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

Lisa7284 and dianaT like this.
  2. Rhonda AKA Kensmrs

Rhonda AKA Kensmrs Regular Member

Good morning Nigel - happy cupboard clearing - spag bol sounds awesome - I too find things I forgot I had when I do a clear out - speaking of which will need to do one in the next month or so ...
    Good morning to all who follow
    I have some work to catch up on this morning then taking the boys to their aunties later where they will stay for a couple of days - have a big pamper party to get ready for on Friday for one of my customers and her friends - then Saturday taking Geo to his new home - going to be sad but happy - his new family have already been online buying all sorts for him to spoil him as you do so that is a very good sign - well better get to it otherwise time will fly away ... have an awesome day :)

TomsMum, Lisa7284 and dianaT like this.
  3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning Nigel, Rhonda and everyone, A chilly one here but to be expected now. Hubby off with trailer this morning to collect what is turning out to be a rather large marquee someone is giving to him for the charity events he & chums attend with their portable railway track, giving rides etc. Not sure if it's going to be too big or maybe it is adjustable (something else to store away!)

I wonder what you will find when you clear out Nigel?

Rhonda I am so pleased you have found a good home for Geo as you say it will be a sad but happy day and I expect his new family are very excited xx

Lisa7284 and Rhonda AKA Kensmrs like this.
  4. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member Registered

Morning all, you are all putting me to shame as very creaky today after yesterdays exertions. Yes good news that Geo has what sounds like a wonderful new home, well done @Rhonda AKA Kensmrs for achieving this. Happy treasure hunting @Nigalius! Enjoy all!

5. Rhonda AKA Kensmrs

Rhonda AKA Kensmrs Regular Member

The new family are so excited they took the day off work today to get cage set up and were online ordering bits and bobs and they are rearranging their lounge to accommodate Geo - he is going to be really loved there as he is here --- :)

Michael Reynolds, plumsmum and dianaT like this.
  6. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Why don't you tell them about this forum @Rhonda AKA Kensmrs would be nice for them to join and know how they're getting on with Geo.

Had the birds out for a little while, going to have some dinner then let them out again, I can't tell whether they are playing or fighting, I watched some videos of caiques playing and it looks so rough and nasty and I think my two are starting to do it, I intervene when I think it gets too much though... Just hard to work out if it's playful or aggressive... Or whether it starts playful and turns aggressive, I've no idea :thinking:

plumsmum and Lisa7284 like this.
  7. Lisa7284

Lisa7284 Regular Member

Afternoon all,

It is another sunny and hot day here (sorry @DizzyBlue ). Alfie has been in a "I want lots of attention and biscuits" kind of mood today. He is getting the attention but not the biscuits! He knows which cupboard in the kitchen has the biscuits so he keeps standing in front of it waiting- when his waiting doesn't get him anywhere, then he charges and growls at it! :nono:

Just booked my sister's plane tickets so she is coming to Spain for Christmas with her partner and little pigeon (my nephew).

DizzyBlue and plumsmum like this.
  8. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

I am :risas3: picturing dear Alfie patrolling access to his biscuit store x

Lisa7284 and plumsmum like this.
  9. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member Registered

Thank goodness Plum is not that smart a cookie unlike Alfie LOL. Phew that's one I've got away with! Cannot say that about Plum's new word, very naughty :nono: and no idea where is has come from, unfortunate concoction I think :buenrollo:.

Lisa7284 likes this.
  10. Lisa7284

Lisa7284 Regular Member

He has been a horror today! Mum bought some orange digestives and gave him a piece a few days ago (it is a bit of a battle- I am sure I am not aware of half the things she sneaks him). Anyway, now he is obsessed with them! Everything I have put in his food bowl today has been thrown right back at me- literally!!!! :emoji_smiling_imp:

Then I have been trying to work in my new 'studio' and the performance coming from him. I have has screaming, shouting "ouch, ouch, ouch," more screaming and the growling- you'd think there was a bear in the cage rather than a parrot! :emoji_bear:

I think all the worrying over him the last few weeks has led to one spoilt boy!

plumsmum likes this.
  11. Lisa7284

Lisa7284 Regular Member

Oh dear @plumsmum- it's a mystery sometimes what words they decide to speak. Alfie will say very random words.

plumsmum likes this.