Thursday 11th

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, such dear Kaks just look at their little faces, gorgeous bids.

Have a good day folks.

cazimodo

I grew up in SA and in Afrikaans "kak" means "crap", but I'll let you off

Morning everyone. Grey and raining here. Just finished first out of cage morning session with my two who are now tucked up back into their separate day cages and beak crunching away.

Have a good one.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Caca in French.

All fine here - had a little concerns yesterday as Doras nares seemed to look white and dry inside. However she had a good,very very thorough preen and they now look black again.
She hates being sprayed and I dont want to stress her by doing that but she also doesnt tend to bathe as much as I would expect, especially in the heat. She comes in the shower room with me now and gets some humidity but does anyone have any suggestions to encourage her to bathe.

KateA

Caca in French.

All fine here - had a little concerns yesterday as Doras nares seemed to look white and dry inside. However she had a good,very very thorough preen and they now look black again.
She hates being sprayed and I dont want to stress her by doing that but she also doesnt tend to bathe as much as I would expect, especially in the heat. She comes in the shower room with me now and gets some humidity but does anyone have any suggestions to encourage her to bathe.
Our Bobbie is a dirtbag. Hates the spray too.
Bathes only on special occasions.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

She sits on the draining board when telling me that she wants a drink of water, and I have tried directing drops her way, but she ain't keen....at least she does take a bath on her water bowl now and then.

Michael Reynolds

Wendy have you tried letting a tap gently run Terry and Niblet do not mind bathing in the sinK but i have a small stand that they will go on, With Sparky I put a bowl in his cage just before I hover

cazimodo

Frodo loves water. If we are in the kitchen he will sit on top of the mixer tap when it is running and he would let you spray him all day if you could (he makes the noise of the spray bottle as soon as he sees it). Ziggy will try and hide away from it, but get her wet enough and she will then go bathe in her water bowl.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Maybe I will put one of her branches in the sink and try her that way, she does bathe when she chooses to, although even then only gets her front and head really wet as she refuses all bowls other than her water bowl, but I sometimes think she would benefit from a good soak especially as it is hot here.

Top Bottom