1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thursday 11th

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Yellowchickenparrot, Jul 11, 2019 at 7:53 AM.

1. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

A kak morning for you all. 20190711_074703.jpg

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, such dear Kaks just look at their little faces, gorgeous bids.

Have a good day folks.

cazimodo likes this.
  3. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

I grew up in SA and in Afrikaans "kak" means "crap", but I'll let you off

Morning everyone. Grey and raining here. Just finished first out of cage morning session with my two who are now tucked up back into their separate day cages and beak crunching away.

Have a good one.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

4. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Yes I knew that cazimodo lol I wondered who would pick up on it.

cazimodo, Rachel Kendall and dianaT like this.
  5. KateA

KateA Regular Member

Lol.
    Kakat in Czech= poo as well.
    :gayfight:

cazimodo likes this.
  6. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Caca in French.

All fine here - had a little concerns yesterday as Doras nares seemed to look white and dry inside. However she had a good,very very thorough preen and they now look black again.
    She hates being sprayed and I dont want to stress her by doing that but she also doesnt tend to bathe as much as I would expect, especially in the heat. She comes in the shower room with me now and gets some humidity but does anyone have any suggestions to encourage her to bathe.

cazimodo and dianaT like this.
  7. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Will she stand on the draining board & you have the tap just dripping, many birds like this.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and cazimodo like this.
  8. KateA

KateA Regular Member

Our Bobbie is a dirtbag. Hates the spray too.
    Bathes only on special occasions.

9. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

You have seen nothing until you have seen George, he always looks like a stray, hates water. When I am feeling very, very brave I may post a picture but I know some will comment.

cazimodo and Wendy Cooper-Wolfe like this.
  10. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

She sits on the draining board when telling me that she wants a drink of water, and I have tried directing drops her way, but she ain't keen....at least she does take a bath on her water bowl now and then.

dianaT likes this.
  11. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

clown parrot in English :thumbsup: I love the way they are lining up for breakfast. The name Kakariki derived from the sound they make

cazimodo likes this.
  12. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Wendy have you tried letting a tap gently run Terry and Niblet do not mind bathing in the sinK but i have a small stand that they will go on, With Sparky I put a bowl in his cage just before I hover

13. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Frodo loves water. If we are in the kitchen he will sit on top of the mixer tap when it is running and he would let you spray him all day if you could (he makes the noise of the spray bottle as soon as he sees it). Ziggy will try and hide away from it, but get her wet enough and she will then go bathe in her water bowl.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

14. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Maybe I will put one of her branches in the sink and try her that way, she does bathe when she chooses to, although even then only gets her front and head really wet as she refuses all bowls other than her water bowl, but I sometimes think she would benefit from a good soak especially as it is hot here.

Michael Reynolds likes this.