1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thursday 11th October

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Oct 11, 2018 at 7:56 AM.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its another warmish morning here at 17.3c inside and wind is light. But the weather is going to be doing everything today including thunder and lightning if the forecast is right. That is not good for any of our birds but I must admit that I would love to get some photos of lightning over the sea.

Nacho and Roxy are both fine and awake. Roxy for once is not preening and seems to be concentrating on looking out of the window and admiring the view. He is also getting very interested on having a head scratch now and will sit wherever in the classic pose and head bowed.

I am staying in again today, dont need anything, plenty of food, and I can feel a cleaning/tidying day coming on. The cooker is defo going to be done today and I can see plenty of other things to do. I also want to try ans sort some cupboards out as i'm sure I can make more use of the space here. I also want to get some inspiration from the net on what I can make from bottle tops. I have been saving them for several months now and there are lots of photos on Google Images on what can be made. I will have to lay them all on a flat surface and see what I come up with.

Have a Great Thursday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

dianaT likes this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, it is bucketing down with rain and blowing a gale out there this morning.
    I have Tesco order coming 11-12 noon hope the poor driver gets here.
    Keep safe folks stormy weather approaching.

3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning folks, it keeps going very dark with the clouds. I must hurry along and get outside and move Garden furniture and put some things away in the shed because of the impending storm.

dianaT likes this.
  4. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Morning all from the Gobi Desert area that is the East Midlands. Hardly any rain again and what we do have is like pouring water through a sieve. If you have too much rain send it this way? Deal? Had to water a few shrubs and pots yesterday again. It was a cracking day yesterday and spent a lovely afternoon working in the garden. Couldn't have been better if it was your birthday? :)

Bright and sunny here atm. Rubes is making progress with her wings, she can travel a little way, no height possible yet and her rudder must be missing as we seem to have several crash landings. Mummy teaching her to fly will be interesting. :thinking:. Both the girls seem happy and struggling to keep up with Lou destroying wicker pineapples, going to have to have a go at homemade toys as two pineapples a week @£10 is getting a bit expensive. Not bad though for a girlie that didn't like toys eh? Have a good one all.

dianaT likes this.
  5. TomsMum

Really concerned we haven’t heard from @Beaky in ages

6. dianaT

Me too, I often think of him and wonder if all is well.

7. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

my new cage has arrived for bourkes and i am really impressed with it, well designed and strong. Cage Body Size: 78L × 52W × 100H (cm) was £72 off ebay inc delivery s-l1600.jpg
    its nice having the 2 doors rather then one large as less chance of loose birds when open a door, its also got side doors for nest boxes/bird baths etc. have added a swing, shredding toy, bell, nail perch, and a couple of natural fresh willow perches- birds will go in once finished playing! perfect for small birds

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 1:56 PM
    Rain, dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  8. dianaT

That really is a nice cage.

sunnyring likes this.
  9. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

its a really useful size long enough for the bourkes to fly to perches a few strokes not just hop . took ages to find as wanted a cage with horizontal room rather then up and down room. so many cages are tall thin columns and its pointless as the birds only ever use the top 2 foot of space plus most birds aren't great at vertical flight!
    I've slipped them in plus one pair of zebra finches and they look more relaxed already, much happier now more space and I am hoping the confident happy zebra finches will encourage them. they are already sitting together.
    I have put clips on the side doors as they are not wildly secure but really thats my only minus point on it so pretty good.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 3:15 PM
    dianaT likes this.
  10. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

I've only gone and fell over outside my house, god the pain, I couldnt get up, plus the embarrassment of whether the neighbours saw or not... Eventually got up and wasnt sure if I could walk
    I hobbled my way up to work
    My ankle just gave away and I full on fell over, cut my hands to bits on the ground, spent all afternoon limping, although I did put a cold compress on it briefly when I got to work
    I think it may need x-rayed, its swelling up and very painful

Dogs are begging me to take them out, no chance of that happening (they've already been walked this morning)

11. dianaT

12. Heather2131

Im hoping to get it x rayed but no one is home to take me

13. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

o Heather, that does sound nasty.
    finished! cage now all done, room rearranged and birds installed....so pleased I got this, its perfect for them. zebra finches have already taken a bath lol
    43604410_10218003836996266_1316961355206492160_n.jpg

dianaT, Rain and TomsMum like this.
  14. Heather2131

Nice cage and gorgeous birds

Got appointment for 5.45, hope they can xray it there and dont send me to durham.

dianaT and sunnyring like this.
  15. TomsMum

Hope you get some help @Heather2131 it may be ligament damage which is very painful :besos:

16. Heather2131

Its getting more painful, I feel sick at the thought of tearing ligaments, how do they even diagnose that

17. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

So sorry about your foot @Heather2131 , as you can walk even though it is so very painful its unlikely to be broken. I hope its not ligament damage either as I have had that and can be so painful as well. It could be a chip on the ankle which causes severe pain. An xray will be able to detect a chip and of course a broken bone as well. If you have any peas in your freezer use them as a cold compress. Just take them out of the freezer, drop them on the floor to separate them and place the bag on your ankle. I keep a bag in the freezer for that reason only.

18. Heather2131

Ive had peas on
    I went along and she felt the bones and coz they hurt to touch ive got an appointment for an xray tomorrow at 10
    Im so worried about work and I really dont want it to be ligament damage but I feel its one or the other, doubt its muscle strain.

19. TomsMum

Same treatment for both...well a5 least that what happened when OH ripped the ligaments across the top of his foot, stepping down into a rabbit hole. The put a plaster cast on, then he had physio . I guess it depends how bad the tearing is.

Has your foot/leg swollen up much?

20. Heather2131

The ankle bone has swollen @TomsMum not loads though but it has, its so painful even just sitting here with it up, I have no idea how ive hobbled around at work all afternoon, its really bad now