1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thursday 11th April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its still dark here but the forecast is for no rain, lightish winds and not much sun. That could well mean gales and a heatwave. I do hope the met office are somewhat right this time as I would like to spend some time outside.

Both birds are fine and at the moment, asleep. It seems to be working with my efforts to stop them waking up so early. But its a bit awkward with the typing if I dont use this laptop. Both birds enjoyed a good portion of Sugar Snap peas yesterday arvo as a treat and then I gave them their fruit. But that kind of stuff is cleared for the night times and I give them the seedy stuff.

I went to Ninewells Hospital for my Gastroscopy yesterday and it was a scream as well as being informative. To start with the nurse came and called my name out and she started by saying her name was Andrea and I stood bolt upright to say 'what a coincidence cos that it my weekend name but I smiled and had to tell her I was joking. Then when I got into the room and the head guy had his back to me checking something on his monitor. I said to one of the others 'has he done this before' and that went down well. Anyhow, they sprayed my throat with the local anaesthetic and put the camera down. to cut a long story shorter I have Barretts Esophagus which is basically connected to the acid reflux problems. They cant dilate my Esophagus until they have the results of the samples they took but he does not suspect anything serious and I should have it dilated in about 4 weeks time. Even if it was cancerous I would have no worry as I am already on the books and would have no worry at all. But he saw no tumour at all. I got home about 18.20 which was quite a long day.

Have a Great Thursday Everyone and if you are feeling poorly STOP IT and get well soon. lol

Cheers

Nigel

2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning Nigel
    Glad all went well, my neighbour got diagnosed with that about a month ago! He was told no more red wine and he has stuck to that says he feels better, he used to have a glass with his evening meal apparently might be worth you looking into it. He is not having the dilation done as for now he can live with it and around the issues of it they have said in the future if his acid reflux has eaten away at the muscle above the stomach and weakened it by changing his diet it can be reduced to help stop the reflux but he will require it doing in the future and they will be monitoring it. How strange hadn't heard of it before until he was telling me about it and now you!
    Mouth is feeling a lot better today over here just have facial bruising and aching but the hole has sealed itself up as for me they collapse inwards really fast which is a good thing so no tongue probing holes when it shouldn't be and no yucky stuff coming out which is great. Will continue with some pain killers if I need to but can't see I should need to until next week when round 3 will happen. Fillings look good too the two chipped teeth are protected and the one that needed the base of the tooth protecting since it twisted round exposing parts of the base of the tooth that should be hidden feels good too :) Just need facial bruises to clear off as fast as possible and be back to normal … or should that be as normal as I can be?!
    Henni has been up for hours …. these light mornings and a certain robin that seems to insist on singing during the night hours have her doing dawn chorus at some seriously daft hours sometimes I ponder if its just her way of say …. I am awake therefore so should you be and she does catch up on her sleep later on by having a mid morning nap at the moment that seems to be inside her nesting bx no sign of an egg yet but that will appear in due course as its easter time and her egg laying time of year.
    Got to love that nudist gobby monster she's such a flipping character, can't remember what life was like before she arrived except that Dizzy was a huge personality just like she is.
    Any ways whatever your up to today stay safe and have a good one and anybody needing hugs you got em :) x

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, quiet here at the moment as grandsons not up yet. Had the 13yr old here too yesterday evening I think they ran themselves ragged up the fields, and I know the dogs were worn out. 13yr old will be back again after school today. I best try to find time to do cake baking as it's all gone!
    Despite the frost looks like the sun will break through, hope so as masses of washing yet again.
    Enjoy the day everyone.

Kendra and cazimodo like this.
  4. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Morning folks. Today my week really starts, because I work my "day" job Mon-Fri and the rest of the week I can concentrate on crochet I came to the part working arrangement with my company due to health issues and, although our home budget is now much restricted, it's the best thing I ever did. I even managed to set up my own website at the beginning of the year. If you google "Cazimodo Creative" you should find it. I'm planning to add some crochet tutorials soon if anyone is interested in giving it a go . I sell a few products from the site, but I am also busy with commissions from folks, and designing my own patterns, so I keep pretty busy, which is also good mentally for me.

I get up before the birds these days. Ziggy is pretty quick to come to the front of the cage and say good morning, but Frodo likes his kip. I usually get a sleepy head peeping round the bits of felt that surround their sleeping perch and a look that says "awww Mum!". It's only when I bring the food through that he really wakes up!

Glad to hear that health-wise things are looking better for peeps. Hope y'all have a lovely day.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning everyone...
    Ooo...am going to have a look at that Caz.... I definitely need some crochet lessons :)

Michael Reynolds and cazimodo like this.
  6. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

29 and counting !

7. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Morning all, Pleased that the teeth are feeling better DizzyBlue, and now that you know what the problem is Nigel, you may be able to keep it under control.
    Dora is chuntering today and being a real Klingon, has been happy while Im doing admin, but I need to do things with BOTH hands soon and so she will have to go into her cage for a bit. Hello Casimodo I love the freeform creation (? a flighty parrot) and drawings made real with crochet!
    Dawn here is GMT+1 so that will be good in mid summer, no more getting up at 5am to do the girls, but on the other hand nightfall is later too so will soon be going to bed as soon as the chickens are shut up.
    Have a good day everybody

8. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Good @TomsMum - that's just the incentive I need to finally get my bum, in gear and make the videos :)

TomsMum likes this.
  9. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Could be parrot inspired :) I made the Greenwing macaw you can see in the gallery from a pattern I bought from a very talented designer. I now have a hunkering to create my own pattern for my Hahns macaws once I've got through the current batch of commission work and blanket design.

10. DizzyBlue

@Yellowchickenparrot any more? I calculate from what you said the other day 7 not hatched thus far ….

11. DizzyBlue

which just to tickle my brain cell … a fifth to go … or an 80% hatch rate so far.... would still leave the eggs another couple of days and candle to see if there is anything moving or if they didn't develop....

12. DizzyBlue

Flipping heck Julian Assange has been arrested! Had forgotten he was still in the embassy wonder what they are planning on doing with his cat?!

Kendra likes this.
  13. Yellowchickenparrot

Just 29 at the moment, yes we are leaving the last few eggs in the incubator just incase another pops out.

14. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

@Yellowchickenparrot
    One egg hatched on friday at work (the chick I've got) so manager left the incubator on over weekend incase another hatched and the smell on Monday was horrific! I was vomiting... It's a messy business isn't it

15. Yellowchickenparrot

Ha ha yes they can pop and go rank if you leave them to long.

16. Yellowchickenparrot

So from 36 eggs 35 went into the incubator 33 made it to lock down and 30 have hatched. Good result but bad result if you only wanted 4 quail.

Kendra, TomsMum and DizzyBlue like this.
  17. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

good evening all, Nigel I hope they will be able to ease your reflux problems so wishing the results bring good news in four weeks time, Tasha, you are far braver than me, there is no way I can ever get to a dentist. Diana, when the all go home you house will be quiet again, just think more cake for your self unless Tasha pops around and eats them all. There are not that many men that can sow, knit embroider and crochet but my mother and sister use to teach me when I was young and I have not forgotten it can be quite relaxing Tomsmum, I hope you will give it a try. 29 little ones yellowchickenparrot, well along with the hens and your other birds looks lie you will be kept on your toes. Make the most of the darker mornings Wendy it wont be too long when it will be light again early. Heather it nice to see the youngsters grow but as you say it can also be not so pleasant as its a hard life for many young birds.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  18. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

I have been doing a lot of knitting.....trouble is a I know have lots of sewing up to do.

I used to crochet when I was a child, but cannot get my brain around it now. Mind you current drug side effects give me terrible cramp...so that could be amusing trying to hold crochet hook and yarn!

19. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

A lady I know is a lifetime long knitter, but arthritis has mostly taken that from her, so she's started to crochet, which doesn't seem to cause her as much pain. Different muscles in play maybe?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

20. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Both Knitting and crochet are what could be described as "static" activity as your hands dont move much, but I guess that crochet is easier to put down at any time rather than get to the end of a row. Moving onto using bigger needles and hooks might help, but if you are like me I enjoy using fine yarns and threads.