Thursday 10th October

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Hello all, seem to have got a lot done this morning, including buying 8kg mixed daffs to plant, and some slightly tatty looking (but reduced) portulaca plants. Checked out the chicken feed here and the organic stuff is much more expensive here than in the UK. Most things are a bit more expensive really, but we arent consumers of much more than the necessities (excepting plants)

Michael Reynolds

Good afternoon, been a lovely day weather wise, birds all are happy and have been flying around a lot including bumping in to me a few times. I was taken out for a lovely Turkish dinner, at a restaurant in town and enjoyed the company and food, I think they wanted to see how I am but it was a lovely surprise. I do hope the chicken recovers, and my thoughts go out to any one or bird not feeling well, have a good day

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Evening all
Its a bit like a flipping chaos event over here at the moment running around like my shoes are on fire!
Step-dad .... has proven he doesn;t listen to the doctors so he has to go back to hospital tomorrow for investigations. Take it steady they said don't be tempted to over do it they said.... did he listen? Did he flipping heckers like and now his leg is swollen to twice its size. Men what is it with them? You can;t give them sound advice and you certainly can't tell them directions if they get lost!!
Well early morning swimming classes every day with mum for her breathing means my flock are turfed out of bed before 5am for breakfast so they are at 6's and 7's Alfie is demanding to go to bed by 7pm as he's totally lost the plot with the routine. Everybirdie had an early morning shower to start with this morning which went down like a bomb apparently the thoughts of having a shower at 5.20 was taking the micky according to Denarii who just about shattered my eardrums yelling at me but when she saw the others getting in the swing of things then it was shouting that she hadn't had enough to get herself soaked. Can't do right for doing wrong over here!
Early morning and a heap load of running around to do in the morning so likely not to get here until afternoon :(
Catch up soon peeps and stay safe. x

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I went to get my RO water today to do my tropical tank cleans and was in the fishy place rather mesmerised by a marine tank with seahorses in it!
I have a horrible feeling I will be getting a marine tank and end up with three tanks on the go here!
But thinking rather than fish would like living rock and just a few shrimp in it. I keep getting told its not as complicated as I seem to think it is …. not sure that's true or not?!
@Yellowchickenparrot thoughts please? Marine tank with living rock and just a few marine shrimp zero fish is that do-able do you think? Or do you have to have a few fish in there as that would defo put me off having one?!

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
No you could have just shrimp and seed the tank with live food and they will be able to hunt for food like they do in the wild, obviously you will need to feed them a bit but adding live food a couple times a week is ok. Its keeping the water chemistry stable that's the hard bit and harder on a small tank.

cazimodo

I went to get my RO water today to do my tropical tank cleans and was in the fishy place rather mesmerised by a marine tank with seahorses in it!
I have a horrible feeling I will be getting a marine tank and end up with three tanks on the go here!
But thinking rather than fish would like living rock and just a few shrimp in it. I keep getting told its not as complicated as I seem to think it is …. not sure that's true or not?!
@Yellowchickenparrot thoughts please? Marine tank with living rock and just a few marine shrimp zero fish is that do-able do you think? Or do you have to have a few fish in there as that would defo put me off having one?!
I keep getting a hankering to have a fish tank again. I had three in SA, including a 2 metre tank that we built ourselves. Glass was 20cm thick! At the moment though, the only tank I have is this. :)
IMG_20191011_081222254.jpg

Top Bottom