1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thursday 10th Jan

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Michael Reynolds, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good Morning all. I hope you are feeling much better this morning Nigel and they can allow you home. I have had two days without any sleep but last night I managed to get four hours I cannot say just how drained I felt by yesterday evening after my travel to London and visiting many places on the monopoly board. what did surprise me is I never even dosed off on the train. love feeding the ringnecks in Regents park but by the time I got back I was aching as I had done a lot of walking. I have a sty in my eye and that is not comfortable (that often happens when I go two days unable to sleep). Some members know I help three people that suffer bad with anxiety well each phoned me when I got home and one phoned twice, the problem is they can be on the phone for some time, One was on for 35minutes, one was on the phone for one and a half hours and the one that phoned twice was on the phone for two and a half hours. most of the time its a case of just listening and trying to reassure them but it can get a bit monotones as they can be repeating them selves over and over again but I hope I helped to calm them down. Well its a Job centre day to day so I will get some shopping while I am in town I hope you all have a better day than yesterday its sstill dark and a little nippy out side but dry.

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning everyone.
    Michael you are so kind to look after others but domplease make sure that you take time to look after yourself too.

Nigalius and Michael Reynolds like this.
  3. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I totally agree with Jude. What you do there Michael is something I simply could not do on that scale and the good thing is you love doing it. How can you do something you love if you are tired and doing things in a daze.

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone
    Do take care of yourself Michael.
    Nigel hope you are allowed home today.
    Everyone else hoping you are all okay on this very cold morning.
    I Am taking antibiotics for sinus & ear infection !

Keep warm folks.

5. Michael Reynolds

In the group I am in, we try to help others with there issues I have a person I can turn to as well. now we never choose whom will contact who but it up to the person suffering the decide who they trust the most with there problems. Now I am open with the ways Anxiety can affect me and also open on having the responsibility of caring for the flock helps. insomnia I have had for years but I do refuse to take medication to help but I know this affects me badly at times especially when I do not sleep for over three and four days and when I do I normally only sleep for about an hour and a half to two and a half hours. about three times a year I will sleep the normal eight hours and last time I had a long sleep it actually lasted ten hours . trying to stay focused when I am always tiered can be hard and I often just forget what I am doing and start other things or put something down and forget where I put it and it is this side of the effects of lack of sleep that make me angry with my self. We all have our problems that we have to get on with and try to accept them as it is something we cannot change and the difficulty in the way they affect each one in different ways that others may never understand because they have not been placed in the same type of situation can lead them to fill alone and even isolated within there selves I know as before I was open about my problems I spent many a time curled up on the floor just in an emotional state, Ok I have been strong enough to fight this horrible feeling and I will always want to help other as best as I can because it make me fill better so I think I am selfish in that way but it is what helps me cope. @TomsMum I can say I do look after my self as well thank you and I think a lot of what I have said you can relate to and understand thank you so stay strong your self

TomsMum likes this.
  6. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning @TomsMum and All to follow...

I was discharged yesterday arvo about 17.30. It took me by surprise. I personally think it was a day early but got to be honest and I feel fine atm. The food blockage has gone and I can drink normally again which means I can re-hydrate myself again. The reflux I will always have and I found from the experts can never be cured but it can be controlled. I found this out during my 24 hour stay. Because this time I was not just in a hospital I was in the ENT department. Some very knowledgeable in there, so i'll see how it goes from there.

Its not a bad morning here, no rain forecast and the temp reaching 8c with winds around 9mph. As I am back home now I am due to go to an anxiety clinic in Laurencekirk (6 miles) bur really want to just have a few days off from appointments and get some things done here.

The birds are fine and they were pleased to see me. Both Nacho and Roxy were clinging on to the side of their cages when I walked in. Peter, the guy that tends them when I am not here has done a great job again. He really is a good neighbour and I am lucky to have someone like him on hand and experienced ready to help.

This msg is all jumbled up this morning, sorry.

Have a Great Thursday Everyone and wishing all those unwell to get better soon

Cheers

Nigel

dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  7. Michael Reynolds

I am pleased you are out Nigel it must of been hard with the nil by mouth and not being able to kiss the nurses, well I hope you can control the reflux

8. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

It's so good of you to give your time to others Michael but do remember to look after number 1 as well. Glad your home Nigel! Light frost here and Luna has broken out causing trouble, she has been stealing from a baby. She really really wanted some fruit puree and was prepared to nab the spoon of baby Roses table obviously completely under my supervision. 20190110_084955.jpg 20190110_084953.jpg 20190110_084942.jpg

9. Michael Reynolds

that so lovely and your photos are great

Yellowchickenparrot likes this.
  10. Zoe220615

Zoe220615 Regular Member

Hi all hope everyone is doing well and there flocks. No i havent been on in a while but i was so ill in the pregnancy i was really struggling and not doing much where i was so ill. I still have all my birds chase my conure been playing up abit since the baby arrived but trying hard to get him to accept everything even if he does constantly just bite me now. Does get quite testing at times. Anyway i hope everyone had a great xmas and new year x

JessCheekyMia and dianaT like this.
  11. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Hello, It sounds like everyone is suffering somewhat, so my healing thoughts are coming to you all with big hugs too.

dianaT and Michael Reynolds like this.
  12. dianaT

Hi @Zoe220615 good to see you back and congratulations on baby - was it a boy or girl?

13. Zoe220615

Zoe220615 Regular Member

I had a little boy on the 20th of decemeber he was a nice little xmas present as we werent we werent expecting him until jan.

JessCheekyMia and dianaT like this.
  14. dianaT

How wonderful, have you chosen his name. x

15. Zoe220615

Zoe220615 Regular Member

Yes he has he name zane as it mean john in hebrew and thats his dads name.

Attached Files:

16. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Lovely little chap, now I have children I'm a right softie for a baby. They grow up way to fast.

Zoe220615 likes this.
  17. dianaT

What a dear little Christmas bundle xx

18. Michael Reynolds

Congratulations

Zoe220615 likes this.
  19. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

I just messaged you Zoe. Little Zane is absaloutley gorgeous xxx

20. Zoe220615