Tapioca starch

Tonifrax

Hi,

Bought some brown rice vermicelli and the only ingredient im not sure on is tapioca starch and whether it is safe?

Cassava is a no no!
Tapioca is made from the starch of the bitter cassava leaf and although highly processed and ending up as starch it's still a leave it out job. If it's made from sweet cassava then that's a different thing....
Soooooo as we wouldn't know exactly which it is that's in the product it's a give it a miss job.

Have a read of this link
Thank you, i did have a look earlier online after i bought it and held off giving it to him until i could find more clarity on the subject as i read cassava is toxic but when i tried to do more digging into it i saw on another forum a question being asked about using the starch and it went unanswered. I didnt want to take the risk until I found out for sure!

"Tapioca is indeed made from the bitter variety, so far as I know - but the amount of processing it goes through means that it is just a purified starchy product, with the toxins of the orignal plant essentially gone."

I think this is the bit i read earlier so it seemed like there was a lot of conflicting information as to whether it would be safe or not but ill just give it a miss. Rather be safe then sorry 😅

Back
Top Bottom