1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday 7th April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its a cloudy morning here but at the moment its dry. I hope it not like yesterday morning where it rained all the time and I was walking about the farmers market. This afternoon should be lighter and hopefully no rain. Its not cold but its mucky.

Both birds are fine but a little quiet as I am trying something a little different and getting through without the lights on. This tends to give them a bit longer sleep and they are a bit quieter with the lights off. The only thing is its not so easy to use the laptop in nigh on darkness. Its 65% light now though so its not too bad. The wild ones have not really been around yet but will do when it gets a bit lighter. Since I have been here I have seen 21 wild birds. Some I am almost certain but not positive and one is the Chaffinch. I understand they are similar to the sparrow so i've probably seen them but not known it. I think the Dunnock is another one as well.

I went to the farmers market yesterday morning and it was raining all the time. I had my back pack and it was filled with Heeland Coo mince (Highland Cow) and Venison mince as well I bought a daffy of Carrot cakes too which are now individually wrapped and in the freezer except 2... Worst thing I have ever done cos they are super sweet and 2 of them put my sugar level way up. I also wanted to go in Tesco for some Corned Beef and make some Stovies but the weather was so horrid that I just sat in Greggs with a coffee until my bus home.

Have a Great Sunday Everyone and healing thoughts to all those unwell.

Cheers

Nigel

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning Nigel and everyone, a dull one here. I hope it brightens up as have 2 washing machine lots of clothes to dry now the family are here!
    Yes Carrot cake is very sweet, probably a plain maderia is the best. You can make one then you know what is in it, really it is only a simple sponge mix with added vanilla if you wish, you could add ground almonds if they would be suitable, to add flavour.
    Have a nice Sunday folks.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and TomsMum like this.
  3. JackH91

JackH91 Regular Member

Good morning everyone,

I’m on a early shift at work today and can’t wait to get home. I’ve cleaned the greys and the Java tree down yesterday and have the lovebirds cages to do this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good day

4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning all, it a dull wet start but the birds are in fine voice, fed them all quite early and just been around getting them all soaked. Was out a while yesterday during the day but I must complete the studies today and send them off. I hope you all have a better day than yesterday.

5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

hello all, after a couple of cold days (7 - 9 degrees) its warm and sunny again today so I went to the monthly vide grenier and stocked up on books from a british run animal charity stall, and found a beautiful hand knitted fisher gansey for 6 euros (£5.50) that has obviously never been worn - Ok so its not a fashion item but it will last for years and the work thats been put into it will have taken a long long time (Ive tried knitting them to a Peterhead / Cruden Bay pattern (places Nigel might recognise) as I lived there as a child so understand his liking for stovies too, and know how complicated the patterns can be to follow).
    Came home and found that Dora has had a good bath - I dont think she ever had much opportunity when she was young (in a pet shop) and no matter what other options we have offered her she has never learnt to do more than dip her top half in a large drinking bowl. Shes nice and dry now and we will be outside shortly.
    have a good afternoon folks.

Nigalius and TomsMum like this.
  6. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

That’s a great bargain on the Gansey Sweater @Wendy Cooper-Wolfe ...great for keeping those winter winds at bay. I have two Guernseys, they’re lovely and warm. Chiko is sitting with the back French doors open in the sunshine, commentary g on all the passing wildlife. The female greater spotted woodpecker has been down several times this morning, she’s on a peanuts plus peanuts diet!

7. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

afternoon all. weather was foggy and cold this morning but a little bit of sun now. we had a good day yesterday. had a meal at Jamie Olivers place in York. nice meal but quite expensive. it was a christmas prezzy. the babies have had a whale of a time in their shower. ill post video later. im trying to crochet hearts for a group i belong to. charlie is being a little .....he is chasing my hook.. biting the wool...
    safe day everyone x

8. Nigalius

My friend used to live just outside Cruden Bay and I know Peterhead (Peterheed) very well. I love to watch the trawlers coming back from a trip out for many days. If you get to the right place at the right time its possible to get some brill fish very cheap.

TomsMum likes this.
  9. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

We used to live right down by the harbour in Cruden Bay and right up West Street in Peterheed, I have spent many an afternoon and in my memory can still smell the boats!

TomsMum likes this.
  10. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Lovely you are able to have the door open - Now I have a new comfy jumper its turned warm again and Dora sat out all afternoon nibbling on Apple blossom and watching while the chickens "helped" in the garden.

TomsMum likes this.
  11. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

Been clearing out a draw that hasn't been touched since the early 2000s till it was packed full :nono: genuinely believe my family are hoarders
    Found some tamagotchis, Pokemon gameboy cartridges and jumping beans!

Plus some pedigree certificates for our dogs, one being Amber and her family lineage from a puppy farm in cavan :( how her mother must have suffered.

12. Nigalius

I found Frankies the other day @Heather2131 , His pedigree name is 'Bournville George'. I prefer the name Frankie though, its a lot shorter.