Sunday 31st March

Nigalius

Madras
Morning All...

I hope everyone remembered to put their clocks forward.

Its a totally cloudless sky at the moment and just a little cloud over the sea. Wind is very light but that is only at the moment. There should be a good bit of broken sun today, well that is what the forecast is saying but I just use that now for a rough idea.

Both birds are fine and quite noisy this morning. I doubt that the change with the clocks will make much difference to them. Roxy is preening himself as usual and it is preening, I watch him run his beak along the feather all the way and goes to each one in turn. At no time I have ever seen one come out while he is preening and he must be so gentle while doing this. The wild ones are out and Goldfinches are having a good nosh on the Niger seeds, Suet balls are slow at the moment but no doubt they will be more popular when the fledglings start to grow.

There is a light frost out this morning that I expect to go when the sun gets up a bit but I still have a fair bit of work to do outside and I am not going to be kneeling down in the damp grass. Somehow I cant see the garden being as good as it was last season as I did not get too much on top of all the work when I was having my treatment. I just hope that my throat problem is sorted soon as it means I cant eat properly, especially things like diced curry. I have my Gastroscopy on 10th April and I hope that soon after I can have the op where some kind of balloon is inserted into my Trachea to widen the orifice. It really is very demoralising. I wonder how many peeps on this site will be an hour late in getting up, wonder if it will be the 2 that I told to put their clocks back. I usually pull that off each year but people are getting to know me now.

Have a Great Sunday Everyone and healing thoughts to those not 100%

Cheers

Nigel

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning Nigel and everyone, we put our clocks forward okay just before bedtime.

It looks like the sun is breaking through here but they forecast cold weather later in the week.
The woodpeckers are here many times a day to eat from the food we put out, lovely to see them, one hen is very scruffy looking.

Enjoy the day.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning all
Does the forum seem slow to any of you today? Every time I press like or post it seems to go into wheel of death mode?
I did ask Bob if he would have a look at it so not sure if he has done something and my lappy is playing catch up? @Bob
Anyways lovely weather over here today and clocks may have gone forward but somebody needs to tell my flock they have changed again :risas3: going to take a while before grumpy socks Alfie decides its a good thing and Henni gets up at her clock time regardless of what the human clock says :copas: dawn breaks when it breaks according to Henni and if it doesn't break she's going to flipping break it :lol:
Mothering Sunday today and have been playing with the google little duck thing that I saw this morning on there not quite entirely sure how they came up with that one :thinking:
Right onwards and upwards whatever your all up to today have a wonderful day and stay safe xx

Yes Forum seems to be very slow today, not letting me click things or loading things, I thought it was my phone

Morning everyone

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
No idea what going on :( Bob is the only one who does anything in the programme section of the forum … my brain can't cope with that side lol
@Bob

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Morning everyone, the speed of the forum seems OK to me here!
Sunshine and a light breeze so will be out in the garden later on - turning the clocks forward makes little difference to us as we tend to be up at first light regardless, but will mean that in the summer we wont be getting up at 5 anymore but will have to wait for the chickens to go to bed before we can too!
Just completed a supplementary form to get my french social security number - it rankles a bit as I now become an "ayant droit" (dependant) on my husband as he gets his UK pension and I have another 3 years to wait for mine. I havent been dependent on anyone since I left home at 16!

Michael Reynolds

Good Morning all, I hope all you Mothers (Human or Birdie) have a special day today its been a tin cloud this morning so I hope the sun comes out soon, had the flexible pipe to the outside split yesterday flooded the kitchen a bit so I will replace it, not long replaced it so that did not last long. Birds are all in fine voice and Malcolm the King is doing a very loud long whistle that I have never heard him do before may be he is calling for a mate. have a good day everyone

Kendra

Put the clock forward but really is silly. The birds (all animals) have their time and ignore what our clocks says, mind you so does my clock, why do we still do this?

Lovely here, bright, warm and sunny, that is until I go out for the dog walk. Often up on the road 1.5m higher than the garden, a freezing wind comes whipping around us.

Hope everyone is keeping well, not suffering too much from the parrots hormonal surges but think we have finished here.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Might be because we were hosting 27900 photographs with the vast majority over 3mg going back to 2012!
I have dropped the upload size of photo's to 1.5mg
Site seems to be a lot quicker now

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
@dianaT I already have cleared down lots of really old stuff from ages and ages ago most of it not parrot related.
I contacted Matt who is the IT server gentleman who we host through to ask if we need to do anything. His side is showing no issues which is brilliant hopefully just one of those weird things that happen or just a few of us suffering via some of our connection hosts?!

Mine went back to normal quite quickly, it wasn't letting me click recent posts for ages, but all working fine now...

Can parrots have lemons and limes?

Top Bottom