Sunday 30th June

dianaT

Staff member
Good afternoon, hope everyone is all right it's been quiet on here so far today.
Sunny, cloud & windy here and thankfully not so hot today.
Family went home yesterday, daughter took it slowly but it is a long drive, anyway they are all safely back. It seems very quiet here today after having them here for 8 weeks.
Hope you are all having a nice day.

JessCheekyMia

Evening all, having a absolutley rubbish time at the moment. Got a opp cancelled due to my bones (as they are far to weak and they don't want to use the needle in my neck just incase it goes through to the bone) plus they said I am not well enough either. They gave me a letter explaining everything. They want my neck more supported when I am in out in my wheelchair. They don't want me knocked either. So trying to explain this to my step-daughter was just a waist of time. step-daughter let herself in and started off on one because Roy had asked if she arranged the seating plan so it is accessible for me (She is getting married). She originally wanted me out of sight but Roy said no way. Now she is saying I will have to put up with getting knocked as she doesn't want her day ruined because Roy will be keeping people a arms distance from me. Also me being the way I am is going to ruien her day (I don't get that) Or I stay in my hotel for the whole day and night. Fed up with hate crime.
Sorry for the rant, I have just cried my eyes out the whole day.

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
O Jess that's crap you could do with out, I have avoided a couple of family weddings just because I know there will be trouble and I have been right both times it ended in a slang match and thrown food etc. If someone is using your disability as a way to get at you that's fairly low family or not. Don't cry keep your chin up and just remember who's the better person.

dianaT

Staff member
Jess that is just horrible what a nasty person she is using your disability to be horrid , she must be the lowest of low and will get her just desserts on day you mark my words. As Andy said - chin up you are by far the better person . I always say don't get angry get even.
I bet poor Roy is just fuming. xx

Michael Reynolds

Jess first of all i am sorry the opp was cancelled It must be difficalt and not an easy decition for them to make and I am sure they had to way up carefully what was best for you at this time. As far as your step daughter is concerned there is not much i can say that has not already been said. it is never easy when some one is nasty enougth to Dislike a person just because her father loves you, But to go out of her way to be difficault and vindictive knowing it will hurt you and Roy to me is unforgivable. She is so immature and selfish. I cannot wish problrms on any one but in many cases if they end up with a disability its the only way there minds will change and they understand the problems others have. She knows how to put the boot in where it hurts and causes most problems. I look through the dissability and see the lovely person behind it i just wish others can. You are an amazing person Jess, xx

JessCheekyMia

Can I just say "I love you all" I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have everyone on here.
I am killing her with kindness, I will not allow myself to go down to her level. It is one person in my family and I have a big family so that in it self means the problem is within her and her only. I can understand hate crime from public as it is very common for people to hate the disabled. But from a member of family it hurts. She has said it is too intense with the ammount of care I need (as she came to live with us full time in January 2014) and she is angry that I take most of her Dad's time. I have always felt guilty for that. I think that is the real issue she has such hatered towards me. But I am not lowering myself to her level. I have two wonderful tiels that was kindly given to me. So my energy and love is given to them. Xxx

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

sorry to hear of the difficulties Jess - some people just cannot see past the fact that their parent has moved on regardless of who they now love, it is a tricky situation and I find weddings always bring out family upsets. By the way in France here they often say you have "un chariot" - sounds more impressive and your chair really is impressive.

Top Bottom