Sunday 2nd August

Michael Reynolds

Good morning all, its another sunny start in Kent. at the moment there is a large group of ringnecks on the farm I was up earl and counted around 200. they are now flying in to the tree of my next door neighbour that is directly next to my garden. they have taken up residence for the last few weeks but the numbers are slowly growing. its getting my flock excited especially when they fly back to roost in the evening. well Gilbert has taken to sleeping as close as he can to me at night that means I have to change the sheets and the pillowcase each day. he is now hobbling about with a limp Fred just climes on my and uses me as a runway when he want to fly. went to the hop farm yesterday to the boot fair, bought two lovely water colour paintings of parrots in lovely frames. I hope you all have a great day

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning Michael and everyone, a cloudy start here so I doubt we out west are in for that hot sunny weather.
You find some nice things at the car boots you visit Michael, well done, hope you post up photos for us to see.
Hope everyone has a nice day.

Michael Reynolds

the first painting I got a while back at Maidstone market I think it cost me a pound but has slight damage, the next two I bought at the boot fair at the hop farm for £2 each are prints that have been water coloured painted for the parrots. I am always on the lookout for toys or items that I can train birds to use as well as things like cuddly toys and models or stamps and paintings with parrots .IMG_0236[1] painting.jpgIMG_0237[1]painting.jpgIMG_0238[1]painting.jpg

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

You certanly have an eye for a good buy Michael, they are lovely pictures. When I came to see this house the previous owner had a lovely watercolour print of a little green parrot (maybe thats part of what sold the house to me)!
A cloudy start but sun this afternoon. not a lot happening but did see 2 large deer who came into the woods behind me only about 15 foot away! i was sitting quietly with the chickens at the time and dont think the deer noticed me!

dianaT

Staff member
Arrgh I was picking blackberries for the parrots (good year for them) I felt something itching my left foot/leg, it was covered in ants, I shot back on the the patio area, took crocs off plus socks, dashed into kitchen and got jeans off and knocked them off me then stamped on them, had to go to bathroom & strip off & wash down didn't see any more but got clean jeans etc on. I must had stood where there was a nest of ants! never had that happen before, horrible it was.

dianaT

Staff member
Yes hubby already laughed & said ants in my pants! No not flying ants just those little critters. Will go blackberry picking elsewhere and wear wellies next time.

Ararajuba

@Michael Reynolds - nice pictures, shame there is some damage on the first. Latin names seem to have been revised since then; that is definitely not what festive amazons called now!

Arm still bad here but hasn't hurt so much today as long as immobilized - hurts like heck if I try actually using it or moving more than a few inches. Had to do a difficult emergency ring removal last night when I found finger getting swollen with a big bulge by ring. Not safe to leave something like that till morning! Advice online included elevating hand above head for half an hour (would probably collapse from pain after half a minute, if could even lift that high!). Managed to get off using dental floss after much trouble.

Wife ordered Japanese food to surprise me today (not sushi, some kind of noodles and vegetables with rice, cabbage rolls, and something like beef stew with rice for me). Japanese food actually really commonplace here as there are millions of Japanese Brazilians, but most is sushi which wife is scared of being poisoned by. L wanted to eat all of the wasabe until we explained what it was like, then ran in fear when her mother offered a tiny taste! She told me firmly that I could get burned all by myself with it!

Michael Reynolds

yes the names have changed but i am hoping this will give me a clue on how old they are. I was so suprised to find the other two and in great condition, i still think you need to get your arm checked out you may have chipped a bone. my daughter tried to introduce me to Japanese foods but i was not impressed mind you i am not to keen on Chinese food either, love indian but not so nice from resturants, i have a few good indeian friends that cook traditional foods.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
That first one is by John Gerald Keulemans (born 1842 died 1912) that particular lithograph was done in 1891 and looks to be a page chopped out of a book and then framed think t appeared in the book called Beautiful Birds but could be wrong as the lithographs were used in a few books and that same picture (but with two slight differences) was in a book just called Birds Volume 20 so depending on which book its been removed from to be framed would give you a proximate age of the actual page you have....

Top Bottom