Sunday 27th October +]/kkkkkkkyd

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

"+]/kkkkkkkyd" is Doras contribution to todays thread as she walked across the keyboard before I started!
Good morning all and it sounds as though th euK is due for a spell of finer but colder weather. Now the clocks have changed it is much better - I am not keen on the dark mornings and was pleased to be out early today.
Last full day of caring for my friends chickens and I will miss their little flock, I will miss their cats too - after contacting my friend it turns out that the lump on Whiskeys head isnt a tick after all but a cyst - so its a good job I didnt try to remove it!
We have an exhibition of patchwork quilting this weekend - Dora and I popped in yesterday to say hello, (she made new friends), and I am going back today to help (as much as a novice patchworker who doesnt know the French words for all the techniques can help), but its all good practice and part of becoming more integrated into the community.
have a lovely day x

JackAndRob

Morning all.

Quite cold here in Worcestershire. Looking out of the window, it looks bright and dry, but it is only 3 degrees.

Breakfast has been served to the birds and they have all had a fly. Frankie is enjoying his morning scream. Fortunately, it doesn't last long, then he usually goes back to eating.

Scott199

Morning all

very nippy/cold here in the southwest, just leaving to go to the south west bird show in bridgewater.

never been to anything like this before, so not really sure what to expect , hopefully it helps my search or at least gives me some good info/contacts down this way.

have a good day all

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
:risas3::risas3: thought we had had a spammer join forum for a minute there!
Morning all (just)
Got back from taking mum to physio 20 minutes ago and in 40 minutes need to be back at their to round two of the Sunday taxi service :copas: never know if I am flipping well coming or going at the moment but hey ho three weeks into it and only another three to go
Weird having the clocks change as obviously my flock are still ignoring that particular item of human weirdness and they just continued as per their own routine
Alfie is being very naughty today and every given opportunity he's working dishes out of his cage holders to throw them on the floor and shout wow … his biggest mistake so far … the water bowl that as it landed the water jumped back up and grabbed his bum! So now he's sulking and accusing me of doing it :watchout: have to admit I did laugh though obviously that went down like a ton of bricks in a mud slide :p
Have a good day at the bird show Scott199 and just remember to take a deep breath and not get carried away. Remember brain in gear and keep your heart firmly under wraps or you may come back with everything known to mankind! Also remember … places like that can have birds that are ill so anything you do bring home toy wise etc scrub it and bird wise quarantine etc. When I visit them I take a small bottle of alcohol hand cleaner and make sure I change my cloths before going near any of my home flock. Some think its excessive but then again my flock are disease tested clear from everything and that's the way I need to keep it :) Would rather over do it than under do it. If you handle a bird there make sure you use the hand scrub before handling any other bird that is there helps to keep them safe too. You defo need to go to the PSUK shows the largest is usually autumn time of each year … you'll be deaf and have ringing in your ears for hours afterwards lol
We're under flood warning here since last night and the local water course is about topping its banks at the end of the street hopefully no rain today will give it a chance to lower itself.
Whatever your up to today stay safe and warm :)

Beaky

Good day to you all. We arrived back into Birm'm airport yesterday afternoon after a month in southern spain. and what a day to return, rain lashing down, freezing cold standing on a windy rail platform at birm inter'n station. Been up to Sainsbries to get the shopping done and the car park is closed due to flooding. Went instead to Asdo and that was so busy as they were having a double day taking the Sainsbury customers too. Seems to be more flooding than ever these days. Anyway hope all have been able to dodge floods wherever you are.

Kendra

Never been to any bird show etc, would not think it was advisable for me, I would just feel sorry for them all.

Weather fine and sunny, not looked at our water course, too near the house for me to show any interest, will worry when it hits the house wall or maybe when the birds tell me. Their room is nearly finished, another month and they hopefully will be in, hope I have sorted out the photos by then. What happened to everyone showing me their bird room?

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I don't have a bird room ... but then again I no longer have a dining room either! Their cages where they sleep are in what used to be the dining room the house downstairs I had knocked through and made open plan as such when I bought it, so there are only two paces they can't get too one being the front door and the other being the kitchen (which is where the back door is located) basically along side the tv is a java tree along side the settee where Henni and I sit is an apple wood home made large perch tree thing …. swings hang from the archway between living room and their sleep place as do a couple of boings for them to stop off on route to anywhere they wish to be.... I decided to let them have a good flight path and plenty of room to exercise. The grey girls come out together Henni unflighted so she spends her time playing with toys on the settee whilst the other two fly around and cause mayhem. The ammie boys are not allowed out when the girls are out they are way too powerful, Alfie is very possessive of me so it would be down right dangerous to let the girls land on me if he was out, MrP is the most unpredictable of the lot he does from time to time decide to attack me so really can't be out if Alfie is or if any of the girls are that would probably turn out to be a blood bath between defending me and being MrP being as strong as he is having a go at them..... would be way too dangerous for everybody including me....

Scott199

:risas3::risas3: thought we had had a spammer join forum for a minute there!
Morning all (just)
Got back from taking mum to physio 20 minutes ago and in 40 minutes need to be back at their to round two of the Sunday taxi service :copas: never know if I am flipping well coming or going at the moment but hey ho three weeks into it and only another three to go
Weird having the clocks change as obviously my flock are still ignoring that particular item of human weirdness and they just continued as per their own routine
Alfie is being very naughty today and every given opportunity he's working dishes out of his cage holders to throw them on the floor and shout wow … his biggest mistake so far … the water bowl that as it landed the water jumped back up and grabbed his bum! So now he's sulking and accusing me of doing it :watchout: have to admit I did laugh though obviously that went down like a ton of bricks in a mud slide :p
Have a good day at the bird show Scott199 and just remember to take a deep breath and not get carried away. Remember brain in gear and keep your heart firmly under wraps or you may come back with everything known to mankind! Also remember … places like that can have birds that are ill so anything you do bring home toy wise etc scrub it and bird wise quarantine etc. When I visit them I take a small bottle of alcohol hand cleaner and make sure I change my cloths before going near any of my home flock. Some think its excessive but then again my flock are disease tested clear from everything and that's the way I need to keep it :) Would rather over do it than under do it. If you handle a bird there make sure you use the hand scrub before handling any other bird that is there helps to keep them safe too. You defo need to go to the PSUK shows the largest is usually autumn time of each year … you'll be deaf and have ringing in your ears for hours afterwards lol
We're under flood warning here since last night and the local water course is about topping its banks at the end of the street hopefully no rain today will give it a chance to lower itself.
Whatever your up to today stay safe and warm :)
Thanks will try the PSUK ones, not sure what I was expecting but fairly disappointing today, only there for maybe 25 mins at most, mostly finches/budgies a few others but seemed to be for breeders/traders only really, a few there but none seemed to interested in “public” asking for info or helping.
But I assume that’s what these are designed for, plenty to look at but just not the sort of thing I was looking for.

Michael Reynolds

Good evening all, thanks for the message Dora and hello to you, it was quite chilly when I left this morning around 4am took my neighbour to Ford he did quite well at selling at the boot sale, but I was quite shattered when I got back and did a cuppa but dosed off for an hour and the tea went stone cold. there are quite a few shows around the country but at the moment most are for the smaller birds like finches and canneries and budgies, this is why I think the PS shows are far better as they normally have a verity of Parrots

Top Bottom