1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday 24th March 2019

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DizzyBlue, Mar 24, 2019.

  1. Nigalius

    Nigalius Madras Regular Member

    I could be wrong but think that any holiday site will only pay the water and sewage part of the council tax. You then have to report that you are living as a single person.Then you get a 25% discount. I got my discount and then got a rebate of nearly a grand cos I was paying for my water and sewage as well as the site paying it as well. There was 3 of us at least on this site that got that rebate, all about the same. I know most of the tricks in the book but you cant fiddle the council tax. A caravan counts as band 'A' so if you put in for paying a single persons tax you could even end up with being a resident on a holiday site. You are then covered by the local council. Dont broadcast to too many residents either, you get some jealous people around.
  2. Heather2131

    Heather2131 Guest

    They're holiday homes @Nigalius
    That's what I'm looking at, I do think people live there but what I'm looking for is a holiday home, not a main resident home, I won't be living there, so therefore no council tax
    It says nothing about council tax and it's an 11 month season so you cannot live there or you'll be homeless for a month.
  3. Michael Reynolds

    Michael Reynolds Regular Member

    I think you will have to check with the council Heather, I had paid Council tax for one that the site closed down from mid November to 1st of march (apart from Christmas and new year weeks). that I only used to support the yacht when I was sailing and sailed across the Thames from the Medway.
  4. Heather2131

    Heather2131 Guest

    We never paid council tax for the site that closed from October till March. That was wrong Michael as that was not your main or only residence, you live in a house that you pay council tax on
  5. Michael Reynolds

    Michael Reynolds Regular Member

    I know I am going back a while so rules may of changed.