1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday 24th March 2019

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DizzyBlue, Mar 24, 2019.

1. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning all
    Well the sky is blue and the sun is shining
    I have boggled my brain with COSHH statements and can honestly say ….. :BangHead: not a flipping lot!!
    Trying to keep my lot a little quieter this morning but that isn't working apparently every pigeon needs shouting at … very very loudly!
    Not sure what the day has in store for me today but can honestly say the sciatica and back ache is driving me scatty … but have co-codamol tablets (500mg) and that is knocking me out at night time so am at least getting sleep not using them during the day as think they are way too powerful for me
    Went for a sloooooooooow walk yesterday as per the pictures in the spring thread but just about wanted to scream when driving the car
    Mothering Sunday next week and the clocks changing at the same time.... Plus drawing closer to my April dental appointments …. one every week for a minimum of 40 minutes throughout the month :yikes::yikes: so not looking forward to that lot!

Nigel did you look at the link to Oxfam I put up the other day? I am thinking it's getting time to perhaps change my camera and not wishing to spend lots on a camera that I don't understand thought perhaps I could ask your advice? Don't need and all singing and dancing and thing that I have to keep twiddling changing lenses and focus on want a fast point and click that will take long distance shots of moving items …… My camera locked itself down yesterday and wouldn't work for an hour so I know its getting time to change it....
    Right time to get my finger out and get on with my tasks for the day, need to get the cages cleaned and the aviary sorted unfortunately nobody has bred a self cleaning bird and they don't choose to be in poop filled environments if given a choice, I really do hate the flight suits people seem to be putting their birds into as well why should a bird carry its excrement with it everywhere... that's just plain nasty for the birdie :( … but pooping once every 15 minutes each bird …. times 24 birds I have …. yup I need to clean up the poops! :biggrin: Never thought when I was a child my future would be so poop orientated :risas3:
    Have a good one peeps and stay safe xx

TomsMum likes this.
  2. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning Tascha and all to follow...

We have another sunny morning here and should be more or less the same throughout the day with temps up to 9c. There should not be any rain today but winds will be westerly and pretty strong and gusty for much of the day.

Both birds are fine and well and looking great. They have both taken to their new toys and it looks like I have made the right decision in what toys I put in what cage. Roxy has always been one for making these strange movements. I am talking about these sideways movements with his head and top part of his body and I wonder what they mean. It surely cant be boredom, he has plenty of toys and chewy things, 2 swings, different perches of different textures so it might just be a mannerism of his?

Yesterday was a good day in that I got a lot done. All roses have been heavily pruned and today I hope to tidy up the rose bed. I strimmed Frankies pen so he can now have a pee without getting his wobbly bits too wet, haha. I have trimmed and de-weeded all my first year Heathers but it might be a bit gusty to do the bigger ones today, i'll see. As for food. I think i'll have a bit of curried Haggis today together with mash and peas. Traditionalists will call me a heathen, :aaaaa:but if I like it sod it and with my eating as it is at the moment I like some kind of change. Shepherds Pie is another thing I can eat without it getting stuck. Its things with skin like tomatoes and meat cubes that cause the problem where as things like quavers and wotsits are no problem.

Have a Great Sunday Everyone, if you are not well Relax, take it easy and Get Well Soon.

Cheers

Nigel

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, looks like it will be a sunny day here even if it is cold at the moment.

Enjoy Sunday all.

4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning everyone, yes the sun is shinning birds are shouting and I am planning what I need to get done today. have a good day every one

5. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Morning everyone it's sunny but fairly cold about 10 degrees. Had a lovely day at our local steam railway yesterday. Got to clean the aviary and chickens today.

6. DizzyBlue

@Nigalius hmmm take it was a no then to my earlier question? and a no you didn't write what I wrote this morning too :risas3::risas3::risas3:

7. Nigalius

Will think about what might be the best camera for you to have. Have to go out now for about 2 hours. A compact would be the best perhaps but one of the better ones. Will be back later.

DizzyBlue likes this.
  8. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

What about a bridge camera?

9. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

Evening everyone!
    Found a static caravan for £9 grand... No upgrade after 20 years rule, 11 month season, site fees are reasonable.
    Only problem is it's right on the A1, not duel carriage but there doesn't seem to be a fence around the site and I would worry about the dogs incase they ran off onto the A1. It does have fenced off decking though.
    We will be going to view it :) 10 minutes from bamburgh!
    Just had to share.

Have you looked at any cameras @DizzyBlue I do like cameras but haven't upgraded mine, often find myself looking at them online though

10. Ararajuba

Ararajuba Regular Member

I think I'm getting sucked into the weirdness that is Brazil lately. I just found myself spending much of the morning seriously discussing with the wife whether her aunt needed an exorcism. We decided in the affirmative, then looked up to see if we could actually find someone who would perform such a service. It seemed several local denominations provided the service, or something similar, but the aunt was raised Catholic, and may still follow the faith in an eccentric sort of way, so their offical local exorcist seemed the best choice. Such an individual turned out to exist.

Entering his number into whatsapp, however, discovered a number which apparently belonged to a scantily clad woman who liked to picture herself sipping cocktails by the pool. Rather doubting that this could possibly have anything to do with him, we decided to enquire anyway. Scantily clad woman answered and told us that this was indeed his number (?!) but that he couldn't be contacted at this number or by phone (??!!). Since he couldn't be contacted at this number or by phone, what service did we want? We told her, diplomatically. She gave us the number of an "Association" where he can be found, which looked like it might actually be his private number (???!!!), and suggested that we call that, "But only during office hours." I am still none the wiser about what just happened, but I suppose we will have to try again tomorrow! Then, right on cue, the aunt (who can't very well be ignored, as she is our neighbour here), called the long-suffering wife to discuss the fact that she thinks all her food is contaminated with Black Magic (and on, and on in excruciating detail about the effects this is having).

Argh! :BangHead:

dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  11. Michael Reynolds

I am sorry to hear that your aunt believes that black magic has got to her food, I hope she dose not put too much pressure on you all @Ararajuba, good luck with the caravan hunting Heather.
    I hope you use a gentle spay on the chickens or do you bring them in to have a bath.

Yellowchickenparrot likes this.
  12. DizzyBlue

You would be better off finding a roman catholic priest to bless the house and her and let him convince her to go to confession and confess any sins she has there by allowing her to take holy communion with a clear mind. Lead her back towards her own original chosen religion and allow the priest and church congregation to help take up the "slack" and give support.
    The Roman Catholic church does still do exorcism however it is very rare and is only done by a select few trained priests ….
    Yup I was brought up as a Roman Catholic ….. no longer follow any faith however when my mum had her brain haemorrhage nigh on 10 years ago and was in ICU even though she was in a coma I contacted her priest came and I asked him to give last rites …. when my mum came out of her coma she didn't remember who I was which was fine by me but she did remember having her priest visit and chat with her. Did nowt for me but it gave her great comfort. To each his own in my opinion but the catholic church does take a very hmmmm lets say one sided view on its flock members being lured away by other religions … black magic is a religion ….

Ararajuba likes this.
  13. DizzyBlue

Sounds like exciting and busy times ahead Heather :) crossing my fingers for you that it is all what you wish it to be

14. DizzyBlue

15. Ararajuba

Ararajuba Regular Member

@DizzyBlue - I think you might have misunderstood what I said. This was a local Roman Catholic priest we were trying to contact - the official exorcist for the diocese, in fact. Obviously this made the fact that communications apparently had to go via a pool-lounging bimbo rather unfathomable! As I said though, Brazil can be a very weird place at times. Actual black magic practitioners themselves, including some who claim to be able to get rid of existing curses, bad spirits, etc, are only too easy to come by around here unfortunately (they often belong to minority religions, and may describe themselves in different terms), but we were not so keen on them. She's quite bad enough already!

Anyway, what you suggested is pretty much what we were thinking of - minor rather than major, shall we say (there is apparently a distinction), and definitely not of the dramatic "Hollywood" type if that can be avoided, which seem to be reserved in any case for more extreme cases, where they happen at all. It would probably help her to go to church and confession, etc (which she is resisting like the plague at the moment, even though she shows signs of believing in the effaciacy of such things) I imagine the guy himself must know how best to go about it in a diplomatic manner since he does this regularly (he was recently complaining in the media about having to do all the church-sanctioned exorcisms in the city, for which there has apparently been a growing demand lately, and no-one else having been trained to help him). They do apparently tend to call it a blessing rather than an exorcism when carrying it out, so as not to make the recipient worse than they are already.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  16. DizzyBlue

@Ararajuba lol your right I misunderstood my apologies :)
    Was thinking if she still has some of her religious feelings then would be a good thing to reconnect her to them and perhaps take some of the strain off yourselves trying to do battle with new thoughts of things affecting her
    Other thing is …. what if things do taste different to her ….. what if there is a medical or even dental reason behind why things taste different? Have you looked into that possibility?

17. Michael Reynolds

thinking of your gem stone posts, I am sure I read in my mothers books that there are stones that are said to keep away evil spirits often used by the Peruvian Indians. it may be an idea that you can look into and try to convince her that they will protect her and her home.

18. Nigalius

I think the suggestion by Heather is good and one worth looking at although it is perhaps a little too similar to the one you already have. The other type is a compact, one a little better than the normal. If you pay say £200 max you would get a real good compact camera with fully auto mode, custom mode which is very important and manual mode which is useful if you are feeling adventurous. For your use you dont need RAW. I would defo go for a camera with a rechargeable battery that can be taken out. That way, you can charge one while using another. Its also important to have a quick turn on for power as some cameras take too long to get that special photo that dont stay for too long. Take a look at different types, Bridge Cameras and Compact Cameras, make a list and I am sure you will get advice to what will be best for your use. Ohhh, you want a good optical zoom if possible. Much better than a digital zoom.

19. Nigalius

I live in a static caravan and have done for over 8 years. Its a great life and some pretty good scenery. There are some things to think about though. Is it D/G, any sign of water coming in, how good condition is the boiler, I got a new one 15 months ago and it was not cheap, insurance is important, sighting is something worth thinking about like are there any trees nearby, is it chained down on all 4 corners, try to speak to others on the site to how they find it, In the site fees does that include water and sewage, if so, your council tax will be lower. I am experienced on this kind of living but you cant beat the views of the long term residents already on the site. I can always offer advice on any aspects on static caravan living.

20. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

@Nigalius it's an 11 month season so no council tax
    Site fees include everything, van is in excellent condition apparently, it's just a small site

The downsides are, it is right on the A1 and obviously I dont know if I want to spend that kind of money on something that depreciates so much, not like a house where you can get your money back on it