Sunday 23rd August

Michael Reynolds

Good morning all, the weather is still a little blowy but dry at the moment with heavy showers predicted, Birds had me up before first light and are very active with calling and flying around. I had a few birds in my Bedroom this morning jumping on me, Gilbert slept next to me last night and Lola stayed all night at the top of my bed, Malcom My King flew in at 4:30 and started his high pitch call and that was the signal for the others to awake. Doris came in next and landed on my head with Frank following about five minutes after crimson bellied. Then Poppy flew in about ten minutes after and wanting to get a cuddle Eclectus. David flew in and stayed on the top of the door Port Lincoln. Pip Ringneck decided to check out where the others had gone and he was next to arrive, needless to say my job this morning is to put my sheet and covers in the wash. oh I missed out one of my Bengal finches also visited me for a short time. well I hope you all have a great day and stay safe

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, goodness me Michael your birds do like to be with you don't they.
A dull morning here with showers forecast.
This morning at 5.45am both Max & Arthur were pacing around with Arthur panting again, not a storm this time but one of the smoke alarms battery was low and kept bleeping every so often, this for some reason scares them both.
I have been hunting all over this morning for my wrist watch, only to find half an hour later I was already wearing it - hubby reckons there's no hope!
Well enjoy the day whatever your plans are and do stay safe.

Beaky

Morning all, was up until midnight last night watching boxing. Been up to newsagents for, Sunday paper, for now we go to a co op store 30 mins walk away, as we notice lots of people at our more local corner shop entering without masks. grr. Had a message from daughter to say her partner proposed to her last night and she said yes !! no surprise because he had asked my permission just over a week ago, and i was grateful for his asking so I have been careful not to let it slip out, we are seeing them later as we are transporting Tally the Grey over to them now they are settled in their new house. It is also our son's 51st birthday today, so its all kicking off this end.

CaptainHowdy

Morning all, was up until midnight last night watching boxing. Been up to newsagents for, Sunday paper, for now we go to a co op store 30 mins walk away, as we notice lots of people at our more local corner shop entering without masks. grr. Had a message from daughter to say her partner proposed to her last night and she said yes !! no surprise because he had asked my permission just over a week ago, and i was grateful for his asking so I have been careful not to let it slip out, we are seeing them later as we are transporting Tally the Grey over to them now they are settled in their new house. It is also our son's 51st birthday today, so its all kicking off this end.
Congratulations to your daughter and soon to be in law :) x

Zoe220615

Miss Marple
Michael how do you cope with them all. Lol. So many wanting attention. Tired today stayed up late to watch the boxing shock result. Was abit gutted for our man! Day in today 1000 piece puzzle to start with macy im sure it will be fun with indali as i no she will be there with her little beak trying to steal pieces. Have a good day everyone.

Michael Reynolds

To be honest Zoe most of the time they are happy to be with the other birds around although I have had up to fourteen on me at one time, in the mornings and evenings I always have a few visitors if I am in my bed room but even then they are just liking my company and a change from there rooms. when I do training or at times of feeding then they will be more interested with me and I try to give them time either just by talking or even a gentle scratch. the hardest thing is when I am cleaning especially with the macaws as they will want to help and that is normally a hindrance. it can take me three times as long to hover a carpet with birds on my back and even trying to ride the hover pipe, I try not to give any a priority of my time and this way I do not get many problems with jalousies as they see me as there food provider and flock member. the kitchen is the worst place as soon as I go in there to do a cuppa I have a few of the flock that come in hoping for a treat (that they normally will get). if I am out all day when I get back in I will go to each of the flock just to check them and say hello but also calm some down that get excited of my return.

Zoe220615

Miss Marple
To be honest Zoe most of the time they are happy to be with the other birds around although I have had up to fourteen on me at one time, in the mornings and evenings I always have a few visitors if I am in my bed room but even then they are just liking my company and a change from there rooms. when I do training or at times of feeding then they will be more interested with me and I try to give them time either just by talking or even a gentle scratch. the hardest thing is when I am cleaning especially with the macaws as they will want to help and that is normally a hindrance. it can take me three times as long to hover a carpet with birds on my back and even trying to ride the hover pipe, I try not to give any a priority of my time and this way I do not get many problems with jalousies as they see me as there food provider and flock member. the kitchen is the worst place as soon as I go in there to do a cuppa I have a few of the flock that come in hoping for a treat (that they normally will get). if I am out all day when I get back in I will go to each of the flock just to check them and say hello but also calm some down that get excited of my return.
Sounds manic for you. But fun manic. Your doing what most couldnt. I admit i would of more than likely gone mad by now or forgot whos where an what im upto. Must take hours out of your day.

Eddie

Hello all! Been ages since I visited, apologies, I don’t where the time has gone. Been on a few trips so Eddie and Charlie have now visited Northumberland and the Gower this summer. It was VERY wet in Wales and I’d managed to wash off the waterproofing on the awning so that was interesting (and soggy!). Seems like life is slowly returning to some sort of normality which is a relief. Will all sink in further when the children return to school in 10 days time!

Hopeful

I had a houseful in shifts yesterday as 3 out of four children visited with their partners! My daughter was “ nipping out” she’s been staying to look after me post surgery, the “nipping out” miraculously coincided with a visit from a different child! (They obviously colluded) it was lovely but exhausting.
Today my husband drove me all the way to fetch Edi! I am now a very happy parrot slave! I have posted pictures in the Edi thread 😁
Happy birthday to your son Beaky and congratulations to your daughter, how nice that her partner stuck to traditions and asked your permission!

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Busy times and happy families all round by the sound of things!
Cloudy here today and quiet as usual. We found out that our part time neighbours from Bordeaux ( they come some weekends and arrived today) were married last week so I'm making them a personalised card.
Mosquitoes and horseflies have been less by were now getting wood flies that are just a pest, and a clingy biting fly that gets caught in your hair!😱 luckily they don't seem interested in Dora or the chickens.
Have a good evening everyone

Top Bottom