Sunday 1st December

Michael Reynolds

Good morning every one, looks like another dry day although chilly. I had a good day yesterday and caught up on some sleep, flock are all calling and being cheerful they have been very good so they are all getting extra treats today. none of them have tried to touch my face but will come to me for a cuddle. I have been sneezing quite a bit owing to what fills like a tickle inside my nose, its so annoying what nerves can do. I will just go for a walk around the farm as apart from feeding the flock yesterday I just stayed in bed. I will change some of the dressing and try to clean my face up as its not a pretty sight but I cannot afford to get it wet where the work has been done on it. my lip is not as swollen as it was yesterday and I have gained some feeling back in it and my mouth, I still have not had any pain from the surgery so I am well pleased with that. well I have taken my pills , I am currently taking one 100mg Sertraline Two 500mg paracetamol four times a day and one 400mg Ibuprofen three times a day. I hope you all have a good day

KateA

Good morning every one, looks like another dry day although chilly. I had a good day yesterday and caught up on some sleep, flock are all calling and being cheerful they have been very good so they are all getting extra treats today. none of them have tried to touch my face but will come to me for a cuddle. I have been sneezing quite a bit owing to what fills like a tickle inside my nose, its so annoying what nerves can do. I will just go for a walk around the farm as apart from feeding the flock yesterday I just stayed in bed. I will change some of the dressing and try to clean my face up as its not a pretty sight but I cannot afford to get it wet where the work has been done on it. my lip is not as swollen as it was yesterday and I have gained some feeling back in it and my mouth, I still have not had any pain from the surgery so I am well pleased with that. well I have taken my pills , I am currently taking one 100mg Sertraline Two 500mg paracetamol four times a day and one 400mg Ibuprofen three times a day. I hope you all have a good day
It all sounds very positive. Glad ure taking it easy. Happy to hear that you have hardly any pain.
Birds know u Are healing and have an auchie. They will be careful. I swear animals know and understand.
It's dry and cold here today but not as much as yesterday.
Just been to gym.
Rob will put Xmas lights up for us today. I will need to go to shop and and a coat for my mum as she likes the one I got yesterday. Let's hope they will have it in her size.
Later on I will do roast dinner. Feed my man before he goes and works away again.
All enjoy yr Sunday.

dianaT

Staff member
Good afternoon, and what a cold start with frost, sunny now but still cold but at least it is dry.
Daughter was meant to be coming for lunch but we had a phone call to say her car had broken down right on a hill near traffic lights. It's one of the newish cars that does not have an handbrake, anyway by now the RAC should be there and hopefully can sort it out. She said some lights on dashboard were flashing and the car refused to start.
No idea whether she will then be able to carry on to here or decide best to go home but I will find out later.
Hubby kept saying he fancied to have a guitar ! so yesterday bought him a 3/4 sized one off FB locally, of course he's no clue what to do with it. I said he should start a quartet with daughter on keyboard (she can play) son in law and a grandson on Sax (both supposed to be learning those) The best name I could come up with for them was The Ear Plugs!! :risas3::risas3:

Kendra

Is it our birthday today Diana?

I could play the triangle, one, two three, TING, one two,......

Cold here but bright and sunny, no rain, it really is colder than Scotland, supposed to be warmer, huh!!

Everyone well? @Michael Reynolds good things are going OK for you, keep up the good work and not too much out in that cold.

The birds have been singing along to White Christmas, well Tommy is the only one who sings, the others, even Dusky was bobbing his head which is a new one.

bikergirl Carol

Afternoon all. cant seem to get on here as much now with my shifts. Blue skies and sunny here, still cold with a thick frost this morning. Pleased you are feeling ok @Michael Reynolds. Burdies are fine. the babies keep having night frights that i cant find any reason for. Ive been wrapping gifts this morning ready to post to my son for the grandkids.
We have had a supprise visit from a beautiful woodpecker this week. we have lived here for 27 years and never seen one. The garden is full of blue tits, great tits and pretty long tailed tits. lots of sparrows and a few wrens. Oh and bossing all of them is a tubby robin. He does like to strut around :chicken_run

safe day everyone x

Ararajuba

@dianaT - unless he has a particularly high pain tolerance, unusually large and flexible hands (that are not injury-prone), no history of finger or wrist problems, and a great deal of determination to play the guitar in particular, I would advise taking up another instrument, especially at his age. Learning more than about half a dozen simple chords will take a very long time, and even that many will require some serious dedication (and to cross a pain threshold to get enough practice in to play them well).

The guitar is actually not a very easy instrument unless you really do only want to learn a few of the simpler chords and play them over and over in various combinations - which is achieveable, but is still going to hurt and require a lot of practice to get right. Electric is a bit less physically demanding than acoustic though, due to the lower string tension requiring less pressure to fret the strings - most people don't realize this, so they start with a cheap acoustic.guitar, wonder why it is so challenging to play, and usually end up giving up after a while.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Good to hear that most people have had a sunnyish day.
We are planning to move our furniture in January so I am packing things up in preparation, worked in the garden this afternoon until the rain arrived - we have a HUGE metre high Buddha statue that is incredibly heavy and broke the (old) sack barrow when we bought it from a local dealer - the removal company need space around it to manoever a piano lifter so Ive been clearing grasses and bamboos. this pic was taken a few years ago before the miscanthus took over completely!

Attachments

Top Bottom