Sunday 18th August

Michael Reynolds

Good morning every one, its a dry start hear in Kent, its a bit of a mad morning at the moment with the flock doing there whistles and calls and me just acting an idiot) entertaining them all. the gang are being very good as there leader George (Green cheek) is just sitting with snowy and blue the budgies, they normally raid the kitchen by now, I am going out shortly for a little while down to the hop farm, got the car back yesterday and fitted the camera's back in and put new dash board lights in so I can now see the mileage and the fuel gage, found a more local garage that sells LPG so filled the tank up just got to fit a few extras like the video and tape and dvd systems back in plus the sat nav's . looking out for a kettle so I can make my own tea that will fit in the car, I have a fridge I think I miss the old camper van too much, well it is Cash's day today so I will be entertaining them all and hoping he will enjoy his hatchday although his mum and dad are not here, have a good day every one xxIMG_0452.JPG Birthday boy this morning

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, Michael and Cash,
It poured in rain overnight & this morning but now the sun is out thankfully as I think son in law & grandsons are going canoeing later.
Hope you all have a decent day.

Ararajuba

Still fairly early in the morning here, but I've been awake for several hours already due to a little girl who thinks she really has to be up at the crack of dawn coming to jump on me the moment she woke up, and pestering for everything she could think of, seemingly without pausing for breath, till I reluctantly got up. She's exactly two-and-a-half today - I can't believe how big she's got, nor how quickly the time has flown!

Had some coffee in the hope thats it would wake me up a bit, but it didn't do much except make me feel hot (maybe I am just that tired, or maybe the weather is heating up rapidly right now). Said little girl is now glued to my lap wanting to watch children's videos on the internet, which is something her naughty mother has taught her to like by letting her watch lots of them with her, so now she expects them every day, whenever she wants them.

She was quite impressed with the picture of Cash though, and pointed at it while shouting "Birdie, birdie!" excitedly when she saw it. I asked if he was a papagaio (parrot). "Yes! Papagaio!" she told me firmly. Then I asked if he could talk, and what he said. She looked like she was thinking for a few moments, then unleashed an ear-piercing shriek: "EeeeaaaaaAAAARGH!". That actually sounded like it might be just the kind of noise a grey would make. It seems she knows parrots pretty well already! :emoji_laughing:

KateA

Good morning every one, its a dry start hear in Kent, its a bit of a mad morning at the moment with the flock doing there whistles and calls and me just acting an idiot) entertaining them all. the gang are being very good as there leader George (Green cheek) is just sitting with snowy and blue the budgies, they normally raid the kitchen by now, I am going out shortly for a little while down to the hop farm, got the car back yesterday and fitted the camera's back in and put new dash board lights in so I can now see the mileage and the fuel gage, found a more local garage that sells LPG so filled the tank up just got to fit a few extras like the video and tape and dvd systems back in plus the sat nav's . looking out for a kettle so I can make my own tea that will fit in the car, I have a fridge I think I miss the old camper van too much, well it is Cash's day today so I will be entertaining them all and hoping he will enjoy his hatchday although his mum and dad are not here, have a good day every one xxView attachment 28063 Birthday boy this morning
Hi. Has he picked up more courage to be more out of cage?

Michael Reynolds

its been quite a good day with lots of noises going on but I did have to stop the party as Mo decided to start laying, so I had to just keep an eye on her, Cash has been out all day while I have been here so I think he enjoyed himself although he did land on Max and Mo's cage and Max was not happy about that and soon persuaded Cash to move off, I can see what you mean about being a clumsy flyer. or should I say lander, he followed me in the kitchen and his landing was just like a plane toppling forwards on to its propeller. he was ok but the look on his face was as if he was blaming me. I think he has had a long and exciting day he is on his cage at the moment but I will be putting him to bed shortly, oh well its his birthday so I always let them stay up longer. well Mo is fine and I will have to sort out a nest box again for her as I think she will lay the next one in a few days

Tonya

Good morning every one, its a dry start hear in Kent, its a bit of a mad morning at the moment with the flock doing there whistles and calls and me just acting an idiot) entertaining them all. the gang are being very good as there leader George (Green cheek) is just sitting with snowy and blue the budgies, they normally raid the kitchen by now, I am going out shortly for a little while down to the hop farm, got the car back yesterday and fitted the camera's back in and put new dash board lights in so I can now see the mileage and the fuel gage, found a more local garage that sells LPG so filled the tank up just got to fit a few extras like the video and tape and dvd systems back in plus the sat nav's . looking out for a kettle so I can make my own tea that will fit in the car, I have a fridge I think I miss the old camper van too much, well it is Cash's day today so I will be entertaining them all and hoping he will enjoy his hatchday although his mum and dad are not here, have a good day every one xxView attachment 28063 Birthday boy this morning
Happy hatch day Cash! Hope it was fun :dev14::emoji_birthday:

KateA

its been quite a good day with lots of noises going on but I did have to stop the party as Mo decided to start laying, so I had to just keep an eye on her, Cash has been out all day while I have been here so I think he enjoyed himself although he did land on Max and Mo's cage and Max was not happy about that and soon persuaded Cash to move off, I can see what you mean about being a clumsy flyer. or should I say lander, he followed me in the kitchen and his landing was just like a plane toppling forwards on to its propeller. he was ok but the look on his face was as if he was blaming me. I think he has had a long and exciting day he is on his cage at the moment but I will be putting him to bed shortly, oh well its his birthday so I always let them stay up longer. well Mo is fine and I will have to sort out a nest box again for her as I think she will lay the next one in a few days
It has been said that Cash ought to have been called Crash.
I wonder why he can't fine fly. We encourage him and really praise him when he gets it right. He celebrates it too.
When we got him, he was clipped so may be he was never let learn to fly before clipping.

KateA

there are a lot of training videos on flying planes I think I will have to let him watch them on how to land Ha ha
He likes watching TV. Might look at planes but we feel ladies caught his eyes more.
Tends to spot the nice ones and says wow. No idea where he picked that.

Top Bottom