1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday 12th May

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, May 12, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its a sunny morning here and for most of the day there will be broken or total sun. Wind is NW then S and is light. There should not be any rain today and what rain there has been lately has been in the evening when I have finished in the garden so it saves me watering all my pots. Cant be bad eh?

Both birds are fine and active and entertaining themselves. Nacho is tap dancing on my head (ouch) and Roxy is preening every feather on his body (again). They seem to love talking to each other or perhaps I should say communicating and it seems important if possible to have 2 birds of the same type especially for when no one is in the house. If that is not possible a simple radio left on quietly will suffice.

I woke this morning feeling very well which is surprising as last night I was not feeling so good. Pretty sure it was some anxiety rearing its head which happens sometimes but I would rather that any day than depression. Problem is I am fighting 3 battles, the cancer which is gradually being cured, the Barretts Osophegus which is slowly being dealt with and a persistant cough that I am onto my GP about. So if any of it rears its head the whole lot seems so much worse with anxiety. I am planting another barrel of Charlotte spuds today then that will be 3 sowings on the way.

Have a Great Sunday Everyone and if you are not well, remember, its the day of rest so if possible just rest and enjoy the birdies.

Cheers

Nigel

dianaT and cazimodo like this.
  2. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Morning folks. Sorry to hear you are a bit poorly Nigel. Hope you feel better soon.

Finally gave up on grandson's laptop yesterday. Windows needs 8GB to perform its upgrade and by taking everything except Windows itself and HP files off I can only free up 4GB. The hard drive is only 32GB - a ridiculous amount for a machine on which Windows is loaded. It's basically useless. Going to speak to his Mum today and get her go ahead to scrap Doze and install Linux on it.

I've finished the crocheting on the cardigan I was working on. Just need to sew it up. I'm going to pin it and test it on oldest grandson first though as he's roughly the same build as the petite lady it is for. When I make stuff for myself I always make it over large as I prefer that, but this lady is really small, so I need to stop my natural instinct to make it bigger

Have a super day everyone, and Happy Mother's Day to any new world mums out there.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning Nigel and cazimodo plusall that follow, its a sunny start so I am hoping that it will remain that way, Yesterday I went down to the local shop and along with Poppy we both got soaked, tried to go in-between showers but got caught out. now walking down the road and also being slapped in the face by her wet wings as she was enjoying the rain was quite an experience, apart from making me fill more soaked it did sting a bit. I normally take her in the park but we have had a lot of rain just lately. the birds are all shouting and calling and in fine voice, the first one that started the rest off was Sam (I have been getting in the habit of calling her my Yellow chicken parrot ( now where did I get that name from ha ha) She came into my bedroom just before five and started her lovely call, I do love the call of a Kak, it was not long followed by the other flock members. the Red Rumps in my current avatar was the first to land on me this morning (only because I had a cuppa in my hand) Sunny landed on my head and Pea on my knee but Sunny (I also call her Sunshine decided to do her morning poop that conveniently dropped on my nose (it could of been a lot worse if it was Jackie or Poppy on my head) I have a guest coming today and she will be taking me to see another one of my friends with a B&G and a grey so I am thinking of taking Jackie or Poppy with me although she wants to see and meet Buster I do not know how well I can trust him with her. Her mum is a vet and she has been brought up with parrots and has a magic touch when it comes to birds. Hope you carry on feeling better Nigel and lets wish others well have a far better day today and not fill so unwell, have a good day.

cazimodo likes this.
  4. Latindancer

Latindancer Regular Member

Morning everyone, hope it’s a good day today,. This morning I’m trying my hand at parrot porridge, then it’s shower time for Scruffy. Busy day, I did the housework yesterday and bought a WiFi camera for the lounge so I can see and talk to him whilst I’m in the kitchen. And also ensure he’s not hellbent on destruction when he’s on his java tree. Just a bit worried about the new wallpaper

Despite plenty of interaction he doesn’t know how to play, he only discovers his inner child at bedtime when he turns into a grumpy toddler when i try and get him back in his cage and I go to cover him up. He seems content just to sit there and watch the world. If he doesn’t get12 hours sleep he’s well grumpy, and it’s keep your fingers out the way day.

I’ve bought an aviary which I will erect when I find time, not sure how much use he’ll make of it as he flies like a brick. He doesn’t want to waste any energy

This afternoon I have a dance lesson, I normally go for 2 hours, but just doing 1 as I have to pack, unpack and repack this time next week I’ll be driving to Southampton for holidays. One more week of work yeh. Scruffy and his rainforest cage Is off to my friend better known as club Michelle, so he’ll have lots of bird company. He’ll probably be glad of the peace and quiet as frankie the budgie has been very noisy and obnoxious this week. Daughter is house sitting whilst I’m gone to take care of the budgies and hens, so I’ve done an online shop to stock the freezer so she can eat me out of house and home.

Wishing a speedy recovery to everyone that’s not feeling too good today.

5. Latindancer

Latindancer Regular Member

Update.......the porridge is a success, way to go Scruffy....he’s eaten a bit and is now decorating his cage with it:emoji_joy:

6. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning folks, a sunny one here do hubby is using cement mixer and keeping the boys busy, another grandson arriving shortly.
    I am running out of chocolate cake & time to make more!!!!
    Hope you all enjoy today.

cazimodo likes this.
  7. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

:risas3: That’s two lots of concrete then, Alan with the mixer and Scruffy flicking his porridge!

Stinkie and cazimodo like this.