Sunday 10th May 2020

Beaky

Good morning all, I hope everyone is fit and well, The last four days we have had three BBQ's and a VE day tea party, a BBQ last evening and sat out for ages just chatting amongst the six of us till late. This morning we could hear the wind from our bedroom and the temperature has fallen dramatically, We shall be swapping the fan for the log stove today such a change. I think tally has been in her element, being outside with us albeit in her cage listening to us and all the bird songs, I was planning to go for a bike ride this morning but the way the tress are swaying in the wind i think i might give that a miss, I took the Union Jack flag down last night as the wind was forecast so that that until the time it is called for. I will re hoist the rainbow spinner kite back up for the NHS but will fly it a little lower due to the wind. It is looking cold fro the next week with possible frost tonight, my plants have been in and out of the greenhouse like a yo yo lately, the saying never cast a clout till May is out is looking true advice,
Well keep safe and warn folks, maybe chat later,,

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning Beaky and everyone, it sounds that Tally is happy to have all her people safely together which is lovely.

Well still sunny here and warming up but we shall see as the day goes on what happens. Yesterday afternoon my daughter who lives about 18miles away phoned to say they were having a real bad thunderstorm. It affected 'selected' areas and although black clouds headed our way and we heard a coupleof rumbles it passed by and went out to sea.

Have a nice Sunday everyone.

CaptainHowdy

Morning all,

We had another scorching hot day yesterday with about 5 minutes of really light drizzle. But by the evening it went quite chilly. Looking very cloudy here this morning and I reckon we are due a thunderstorm.

My lot have been loving the warm weather, I have however been sunburnt from working on the garden, so looks like aloe Vera time for my back and arms 😂😂

Stay safe all x

Michael Reynolds

Good morning all, sunny at the moment all the flock are extra flighty and load, it a long time since I had a barbeque but it was so nice to be able to sit outside and watch the swallows, not as many made it to the barn this year only 33 young ones have made it so far, normally the count is around 100. I just hope other nesting spots they use have a far better result in there young than our stables. I actually got my bike out and jet washed it and then oiled the chain and pumped up the tyre's , I haven't ridden it for two years, promised it to a friend once lockdown is over as I doubt I will be able to ride it again. I hope it will stay dry for you today Diana. I cannot afford getting sunburnt but I do miss having the sun on me although I will allow about half an hour with sun exposure just for the vit D side but please be carful CaptainHowdy getting sun burnt is not good for you. I have never tried pear and mint Cider picked a few dandelions from one of the fields day before yesterday, birds had the leaves and flowers but made myself a dandelion tea (some call it coffee) from the roots, I drunk it cold with a bit of ice in it, Poppy (Eclectus) helped me drink it. how I wish I had the sea that close, I love the country but still miss the water. I hope you all have a lovely and safe day xx

dianaT

Staff member
Hello Michael, so far the year we only have seen 2 swallows, sadly over the years their numbers have been dropping off down here, it is very sad. They usually nest in the old buildings and it is wonderful to see the chicks when fledged and flying about then perching on the phone cable. Yes best not to be in the sun for too long but I am sure you have a shady spot you can sit in outside.
Keep yourself safe.

Michael Reynolds

After they fly off we get the swift's arriving and use the same barns, last year was not a good year for them, so hoping most of the young from last year will return. we only had eight pairs this year down from the forty to fifty pairs that normally arrive. yes very sad

Top Bottom