1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Holidays

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by Andy brown, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Andy brown

Andy brown Regular Member Registered

Just wondering what you guys do with your feathered babies when you go away for holidays. Is it more stressful for them to go on holiday as well or to stay at home and have friendly visitors? Just trying to way it up just wanted any thoughts.

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Mine go to professional parrot holiday boarders.

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well we don't go away any more. But some folks take theirs with them, others find somewhere to board with a knowledgeable person or friends & family.

4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

My holiday time is with the flock and I just love it, I could never go away and leave them and there is no way I can find a place to take them all or even transport them too another place will be a nightmare but I do have two people whom in an emergency can feed and water them all.

5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Well you do have a far bigger flock than anyone else we know Michael!

6. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Family look after mine. I don't like the thought of taking them on long journeys. In the heat as well. But we only go away for a few days since having my feathered babies. I can't cope well for a day let alone 2, so my holidays are not relaxing for me as I can only think of my babies and hoping Roy's daughter is looking after them well. I leave instructions before I go lol. But I am like Michael I just love to be with my babies.

7. I'd we go away, my mum or my sister in law will stay at our house and look after them.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

8. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

I have a family member stay at my house and look after the pets.